Kao's Prototypes & Development FilesCollection

Discussion in 'Member Game Collections' started by Kao, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Hasben

Hasben Member

super cool to see a dev version of one of the first videogames i've ever played!

out of curiosity, what are the debugging functions? also, what does the filesystem for the game look like? does it keep all the data within the archive FROGPSX.MWD like the final game or does it load files from their respective directories?

also, any chance of a release/download? Or do you not do that?

2. Kao

Kao Gutsy Member

Glad that you enjoyed the screens and info.

There's debug functions for auto clearing levels, suiciding, and graphic settings tests. And that's just what I've found so far. I suspect there is even more, but I haven't really dug into it to much.

It uses the MWD archive format, but it's about twice the size of the release version because it's uncompressed. So I'm expecting files could be extracted/injected from it.

I don't have plans to distribute files at this time, but I'll let you know if that changes.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    lemurboy12 likes this.
  3. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I'm interested in Mario 64 DD and Conker's Bad Fur Day. Can you share information/media of those?

4. Kao

Kao Gutsy Member

Not the exciting answer you're looking for, I'm sure, but as far as I know there's no DD emulation to run the Mario 64 build on. It's the same build that people were posting about here on Assembler about a year ago or whenever that was. From what I recall, it's about the same as the retail N64 build, but it runs on the 64 DD and has load times because of the disk format.

Likewise, the CBFD and Perfect Dark stuff is all from that RARE debug/proto drop I think Borman shared here a few years back. I couldn't tell you much about the differences from the final products... I know that there is debugging functionality on a couple of the CBFD builds at least.

5. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I thought that was probably the case. What about the unreleased Silent Scope game? That sounds interesting.

6. Kao

Kao Gutsy Member

Really early build of Fortnite from several years ago. The final version just came out the other week.
    [​IMG]

Looks pretty different from the final game.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    PixelButts likes this.
  7. lemurboy12

lemurboy12 Rising Member

Can I see the Wand of Gamelon concept art? Is there anything involving the animation?

GameScanner likes this.
  8. Kao

Kao Gutsy Member

Kneesnap likes this.
  9. Kneesnap

Kneesnap Member

Thanks for the prototype =)

Kao likes this.