JVC X'Eye with CD Region, Cart Region, and S-Video Mod

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by electrochip, Feb 24, 2010.

1. electrochip

electrochip Rapidly Rising Member

This is the 2nd one that I do, turned out pretty nice. Soldering in that new bios was a pain, but not too bad. S-Video on these is pretty easy it uses the CXA1145M. It can play US/JPN NTSC CD and cartridge games. I took 2 sets of pictures at different times if you are wondering about the background.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  2. bacteria

bacteria I am the Bacman

Hadn't heard of this console until your post. Seems to be a clone though, yes? Plays MegaDrive carts and CD's.

The CTX chip was certainly good in retro systems, as offers easy composite as RGB options. Nice!

More information on the bios chip - does that make it region free?

3. electrochip

electrochip Rapidly Rising Member

For more info on the X'Eye you can read here and here, the bios chip contains the US and JPN bios so you can start in either with the flip of the switch. Also note that the JPN bios has to be from the Wondermega RG-M2 as it contains the 2.0 bios needed for the X'Eye to read JPN CD games. The bios from the Wondermega RG-M1 is does not work properly with the X'Eye.
    The video encoder used in the X'Eye is the CXA1145M so S-Video is pretty easy to get.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010