Joined the "youtube channel" people...new series featuring M2 stuff - new video -11/20!

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by awbacon, Oct 23, 2018.

1. MisterEnthusiast

MisterEnthusiast Robust Member

@awbacon Maybe you could get bitrate involved with your series? I mean, he happens to own an M2 console with a controller, hook-ups, and a certain demo disc from Panasonic Wondertainment Inc.

2. 3do

3do Segata Sanshiro!

I guessed as much, though I felt the same about console that came with the n64 like controller until it popped up in a post on here.
    Maybe they do exist hidden/stored away in someone's house or office and been forgotten about.

I always wondered how the addon would have worked if at all, but would be nice if the addon/upgrade box that you see held up from a (3DO employee?) at some sort of trade show photo was still about. It's probably long gone by now, but one can hope as I say above that it's forgotten about and is stored away somewhere.

Is this an Alive II or what? I notice the top looks different with the distinctive Alive II branding missing, the front controller port area is also different as is the controller.
    I don't know too much about it so it may be just a regular 3DO.
    [​IMG]

3. awbacon

awbacon Spirited Member

Added a new episode this morning. D2 gameplay and history with some interesting screenshots and other bits of info. Remastered from original vhs tapes I acquired from people who worked at 3DO (well I got the original files from the vhs dumps) and upscaled to 1080p and cleaned up.

Hope you guys enjoy

Yakumo, 3do and Zant like this.
  4. awbacon

awbacon Spirited Member

Oh and I am doing a giveaway on my Instagram page for new subscribers. Just sub and leave me your YouTube user name on the contest part of IG profile (chicagogamecollector) and you might win Crash 2 and 3 for PS1. Just a little something fun for Xmas!

5. 3do

3do Segata Sanshiro!

Great video as always.
    Really do hope the files for this have survived and are just stored away somewhere. Maybe someone ex-3DO/Warp who has forgotten about these but one day may do something with them, same goes for anything M2 related.

It's one of these cases where you just don't know what exactly could be out there so hope and pray more stuff comes to light.

6. awbacon

awbacon Spirited Member

Exactly. It’s possible in 1/5/10 years someone will find this somewhere. For now at least I can bring all this to show everyone

7. awbacon

awbacon Spirited Member

New episode up today - overview on the Panasonic FZ-35S M2 Kiosk. Hardware and history overview...a short one before more gameplay in the weeks coming up! Please like and sub if you can...helps me get a bigger audience and keep this weird stuff coming!

8. MisterEnthusiast

I never could get why the FZ-21S is harder to find than the FZ-35S.

9. awbacon

awbacon Spirited Member

I am not even certain as to what the FZ-21S was used for. Everything we know M2 did outside of the Konami arcade units was software for General Motors, Vizhouse, and PonPonLand old folks game.

All those were on the FZ-35S, so to be honest, I really can’t point to what the 21S was used for. That probably goes to the reason it’s harder to find

10. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Didn't they also use M2 hardware in vending machines in Japan?

Also, I thought the FZ-21S was just a prototype, so it wasn't used for anything.

11. awbacon

awbacon Spirited Member

Yes, the FZ-55 was used in vending machines in Japan.

The black FZ-21 isn’t a prototype really. The white ones were, but the black version was designed to be a kiosk. No clue what it was used for, if anything, but that’s the story

12. 3do

3do Segata Sanshiro!

Didn't the M2 hardware also get used for some ATM or am I wrong?
    I wanna say it was russia or somewhere but I'm going off a vague memory (On here many years ago?) where I read up on the various M2 uses including the use for General Motors once the console was scrapped as a console.

13. awbacon

awbacon Spirited Member

I’ve heard ATM rumors too, but never anything confirmed or any photos to back that up. Could be though!

14. 3do

3do Segata Sanshiro!

I honestly thought I might be loosing my mind with the ATM but glad to know I might not be lol.
    To think, what was a reasonably developing console could get ditched and turned into an ATM, reminds me of those Atari Jaguar moulds that ended up as cases for dental equipment.

teckman02 likes this.
  15. teckman02

teckman02 Spirited Member

when i first herd that story years ago i thought that the hardware itself was reversed engineered and not the case, and not just the case... no pun intended.

16. awbacon

awbacon Spirited Member

Merry Christmas eve everyone. I just dumped some software and docs in the M2 forums as a christmas gift to everyone! Nothing massively exciting (not a new game release) but it should still be fun!

17. 3do

3do Segata Sanshiro!

Heck anything is better than nothing, for me at least.
    Even if it was just more discussion on the system I'd have been happy, but to see what has come up on the M2 in the last what? 8 or so years is exciting.

This release just adds to that so thanks.

18. awbacon

awbacon Spirited Member

New episode uploaded this morning. Perfect to watch while hung over lol

Please like and subscribe. At 200 subscribers I have another M2 item to release.

19. awbacon

awbacon Spirited Member

New episode went live this morning! Check it out and let me know what you guys think :)

Next week is Battle Tryst!

Also, at 200 subscribers, I have another small release of M2 software ready to share

20. MisterEnthusiast

Awesome news :D