Joined the "youtube channel" people...new series featuring M2 stuff - new video -11/20!

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by awbacon, Oct 23, 2018.

1. MisterEnthusiast

MisterEnthusiast Robust Member

@awbacon Maybe you could get bitrate involved with your series? I mean, he happens to own an M2 console with a controller, hook-ups, and a certain demo disc from Panasonic Wondertainment Inc.

2. 3do

3do Segata Sanshiro!

I guessed as much, though I felt the same about console that came with the n64 like controller until it popped up in a post on here.
    Maybe they do exist hidden/stored away in someone's house or office and been forgotten about.

I always wondered how the addon would have worked if at all, but would be nice if the addon/upgrade box that you see held up from a (3DO employee?) at some sort of trade show photo was still about. It's probably long gone by now, but one can hope as I say above that it's forgotten about and is stored away somewhere.

Is this an Alive II or what? I notice the top looks different with the distinctive Alive II branding missing, the front controller port area is also different as is the controller.
    I don't know too much about it so it may be just a regular 3DO.
    [​IMG]

3. awbacon

awbacon Spirited Member

Added a new episode this morning. D2 gameplay and history with some interesting screenshots and other bits of info. Remastered from original vhs tapes I acquired from people who worked at 3DO (well I got the original files from the vhs dumps) and upscaled to 1080p and cleaned up.

Hope you guys enjoy

Yakumo, 3do and Zant like this.
  4. awbacon

awbacon Spirited Member

Oh and I am doing a giveaway on my Instagram page for new subscribers. Just sub and leave me your YouTube user name on the contest part of IG profile (chicagogamecollector) and you might win Crash 2 and 3 for PS1. Just a little something fun for Xmas!

5. 3do

3do Segata Sanshiro!

Great video as always.
    Really do hope the files for this have survived and are just stored away somewhere. Maybe someone ex-3DO/Warp who has forgotten about these but one day may do something with them, same goes for anything M2 related.

It's one of these cases where you just don't know what exactly could be out there so hope and pray more stuff comes to light.

6. awbacon

awbacon Spirited Member

Exactly. It’s possible in 1/5/10 years someone will find this somewhere. For now at least I can bring all this to show everyone