Jetforce Gemini by Rareware on Gameboy?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Dano2k0, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Watch your words, people are gonna think that's a pathetic attempt to spite the owner into dumping it just to prove you wrong :p

2. JamesMichael

JamesMichael Light Hearted Drunk

What you talking about theres clearly pictures of the game running and the cart on the first page below...

3. noahbody

noahbody Guest

I doubt he'd do that, he's more worried about making some money off it. Unless I said I wanted to buy it, he likely doesn't care whether I think it's real or not.

And it's not like I want to play it. If anything, I'd actually rather someone get the music from it. The PD on GBC had some cool 8-bit renditions of tunes from N64 version, I'm sure this would be no different.

Is there a pic of the cartridge? I only see the pics of the "game running." I'm sure it's not too difficult to whip up some images to display on a GBC somehow. I'm just saying ... why no video? The pics also conveniently don't show the cart in the back of the GBC ...

I'm also bothered by the owner's repeated claim "it's not my type of game." To me that sounds less like "I haven't played it because I don't want to" and more like "I haven't played it because I made it up."

Because if I owned the only known copy of anything, whether it was my type of thing or not, I would be damn sure to experience as much of it I could, because I'd be the only person that ever had.

But that's just what I think. Mostly I'd just like to hear what it sounds like.

4. Goveynetcom

Goveynetcom Member

Very cool, I remember hearing about this from another site. It would definitely be an interesting piece of gaming to own. You're very lucky :)!

5. JamesMichael

You'd have to take it up with Dano about cart pictures but take it from members here he's a trust worthy guy and I really doubt he'd go to the trouble to make it all up.

6. noahbody

noahbody Guest

oh, okay. I guess I was being overly skeptical. Keep in mind: I am an avid fan of JFG on the N64 and I found out about this GBC version via Wikipedia, so naturally my first thought was "wtf? is this for reals?"

I'm still a little skeptical though ... something about it just doesn't seem right to me. Even Dano being absolutely sincere does not win me over. I'm not still saying it's fake necessarily, but I am very curious about its origins.

I wonder if it's any good? Star Fox 2 was never released and it ended up being my favorite of that series.

7. JamesMichael

Well Rares usually really tight on leaks so I'm guessing when it came to this they let another developer make the game which happens quite often when it comes to handheld versions. I could be wrong though. I recommend you pm Dano and ask further questions if hes about and willing to answer.

8. link83

link83 Enthusiastic Member

I know this might sound unbelievable, but I am about 80% sure that I saw a small article about this game in the UK's 'N64 Magazine', from what I recall it had two screenshots and took up about a third of a page in one of the the Game Boy sections. I have no idea which issue it was in though.

At the time N64 Magazine had very close connections with Rare, going so far as 'swapping' one of their artists for 'world exclusive' pictures from Perfect Dark. If only I could find the issue...

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  9. Dano2k0

Dano2k0 Mad on XBOX

Jesus, I don't keep an eye on such a post for a while and all hell begins to break loose.

Just to update you, I don't have this cart anymore. It is long gone. If the owner wishes to step up and update you and provide everything you ever dreamed of, then I am sure he will. ;-)

Your also correct, I really don't care if you think I made this up or not, the fact is I didn't. I also have a cart with another very rare proto unreleased game called Wizards. Your welcome to call me a liar about this too if it makes you feel happy, but if you have money your also welcome to buy it. :nod:

My statement is still true, I really didn't care for the game, Gameboy in general never took my fancy. Anyone here knows i'm more of an Xbox guy. Although I have much hardware and software for other platforms, sadly the GBC just didn't take my interest at all and neither did JFG.

I have more photos of the game running and know more details, though after such a pathetic post, I won't be posting them up just to proove such a cart, I no longer own exists.

The owner knows what the cart looks like, I don't even know if I ever took any photos of this without looking, not that i'm going to.

On the other hand, you may be pleased to know the cart wasn't anything special to look at, it was rather plain and simple, it was used in dev and thats all that matters.

----------------

On a seperate note, thanks to the guys who clarified the fact i'm genuine and don't have the time on my hands to play around in the likes of photoshop making up silly screens.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  10. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

The cart was genuine enough for me to put in an offer on it, and anyone who knows me also knows that is also very rare.

I was quite disappointed when Dano decided to go with another buyer, but alas a man's gotta go with whichever offer is best and someone else obviously gave him either more $$$ or a more desirable item. ;)

Congrats to whomever it was.

-hl718

11. crazytaxman

crazytaxman Active Member

The existence of this game boggles the mind. Rare had released a Conker game in 1999 so it makes sense to have JFG game ready. When did they go Microsoft exclusive?

12. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

Magazines listed Banjo Kazooie and Diddy Kong Racing as planned games for GBC ( with "end of 1999" as generic release date )

13. crazytaxman

crazytaxman Active Member

I remember Banjo Kazooie - and Rare did release a Banjo title on GBA, didn't they? But I hadn't heard of Diddy Kong Racing, and I surely never suspected that they planned a JFG title as well.

The game also looks, impressively, finished, wonder how many treasures is Rare hiding in it's chest of unreleased/scrapped projects :-0

14. noahbody

noahbody Guest

lol, well excuse me for not believing everything I see/read on the internet.

again, I first read about this on Wikipedia, so right off the bat I was very skeptical. JamesMichael set me straight; it's the real deal, I get it.

sigh ... sorry for being a bother. Thanks Dano for letting the world know.

15. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Geez Dano, why even have said anything to begin with if you're going to choose to not even share one more bit of media that you have left just because you got upset with one guy? Not helping the community much if you're going to just deprive everyone else because god forbid one guy isn't certain if what you have is genuine or not.

Who knew just one guy raising his doubts apparently means all hell is breaking loose. i swear, some people are too damn sensitive -_-

DSwizzy145 likes this.
  16. brendand

brendand Fiery Member

What happened to this game ? and why is there not any pictures of the cart or video of the game running >< stupid drama

17. RedRonin

RedRonin Member

Pictures @ the first page...

18. cypherpunk

cypherpunk Active Member

Re-reading this thread, all the folks that wanted this game dumped and released for free could have asked Dark how much he wants for it (amongst other questions, such as how complete it is, and how many levels/how much game time is there), and then started a collection, bought it from Dark and dumped it. I'd prolly throw in 50 bucks, even though I don't even own a GB Color. *shrug*

19. reprep

reprep Gutsy Member

a missed opportunity. I hope the new owner finds this thread and we can buy it as community. I can throw 20 bucks not more unfortunately.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  20. Rundevil

Rundevil Spirited Member

I posted this interview in another thread but: http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/10/01/crash-lab-life-after-rareware-and-free-radical/