Jetforce Gemini by Rareware on Gameboy?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Dano2k0, Dec 10, 2009.

1. DiGi

DiGi Robust Member

Very interesting wonder whats up the the Bitz possibility. None the less this looks like a very neat find :pray:

2. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

Rare outsourced a lot of the Game Boy work back in the day. Not surprising.

-hl718

3. alecjahn

alecjahn Site Soldier

1. Money talks.
    2. Money talks.
    3. Money owns all that are not incredibly fortunate to be untouched by it.

4. randyrandall

randyrandall Guest

First thing I thought of.

5. segaloco

segaloco Enthusiastic Member

Okay, I don't want to make waves, but can someone explain to me why anyone besides the owner of the cart WOULDN'T want it dumped. I mean, I understand that he can make more money from it if he doesn't dump it, but what do these other people care?

6. ServiceGames

ServiceGames Heretic Extraordinaire

That's a question of ethics. If I had bought a rare or unreleased item and then several months or years later the previous owner released the game I would be furious and never trust the seller again.

Honestly I don't even know if it would be proper to keep a copy of such an item without informing any would be buyers.

*2010 bug repost

7. nitro2k01

nitro2k01 Member

I still don't get it. I can understand that a seller wouldn't want to breach the trust of his buyer and release a dump for a game that has been sold. I can equally well understand why a buyer of a proto cartridge who has paid a large sum of money for it doesn't want to dump it and decrease the value of the cartridge.

But what I don't get is why a third party, like Rogue in this case, would wish that the game was never dumped. What is the reason, ethical or otherwise, for such a standpoint?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  8. C.Badfurday

C.Badfurday Active Member

For example he could believe there's money in that proto and therefore might want to try buying it from the current owner for cheap. No / not much money in it after it's dumped.

9. segaloco

Monetary value means nothing when something is bought for keeps in my opinion. I don't see why anybody would care after they bought something if they are just gonna keep it locked up in a case somewhere. If they hope to resell maybe, but if they are never going to profit off having it, what difference does it make.

10. OmegaPirate

OmegaPirate Newly Registered

Wowness! Thanks for sharing!!
    I really loved JFG on N64.:love: But it was damn frustrating at times also. :evil:
    Kinda always thought it would have been made portable since Conker and PD had gotten GBC versions, But not this other hyped franchise.
    Maybe cos PD didn't do too well, they didn't release this?
    Nintendo has always been quality not quantity after all...

Still I'm a JFG fan, this has at least made my day!

Hmm what would Cheat Version stuff mean?
    Can you enable cheats? Or any sort of Debug Menus?

I found an unreleased by Rare, debug button code cheat in Jet Force Gemini on N64 via hacking the RAM with action replay.
    Debug mode:
    Press C-Left, C-Right, C-Up, C-Down, R, L(2), R, C-Up, R, C-Down, R, L, C-Right at the title screen (where Juno and the others run). The debug mode confirmation will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen. Repeat the code to disable its effect.

Hacking this GBC game would be fun, if it got released! :drool:

11. ServiceGames

Sorry I never saw this post. After all of the bug reposts I must have missed it.

This is an odd concept to me as well. I could only venture 2 guesses.

1. Perhaps the person in question who does not want a game dumped is merely saying so in order to piss off anyone who holds an opposing view;-)

2. If you desire to acquire a copy of GAME X and you know that the current owner would likely trade it for, in this case, JFG. Then it would be to your indirect benefit to have the game remain undumped in the hopes that even if not now, someday you will be able to make the necessary trades to acquire GAME X. Think of it as playing an RPG where you have to complete any number of fetch and trade quests to get that ONE item that allows you to defeat an enemy.. or save the world.. or whatever.

-ServiceGames-

12. segaloco

Dude, sadly, ServiceGames there and a few others are starting to get to me, but please dump this yourself, and disassemble it and at least share your findings, if you need a copy if IDA Pro, I can get that too you, in fact, I might as well post that up in the File Download section tomorrow. I'm about to turn in for the night though, so later.

13. ServiceGames

Well then it might interest you to know that I was attempting to negotiate a deal to purchase this game and would have worked toward a public dump.

Before I lost my job that is. Now had I paid for this release, how many people would have helped me out when I needed that money back to pay the rent or buy food?

Had I purchased this and not dumped it before losing my job you can bet I would have sold it as quick as possible even if to a complete self professed hoarder if it meant surviving just a few weeks longer without a paycheck.

I'm sorry that this is spilling over here, but you need to realize that this is hard earned money we are talking about and not some rich kids using someone else's money to fulfill a fantasy. Each and every one of us runs the very real chance of losing jobs and falling onto otherwise hard times. Devaluing your own investment on the whims of those who offer virtually nothing to the community that we ourselves can do on our own is very foolish.

At times we all take calculated risks and on occasion some of those risks and decisions result in a shiny new game for others to tinker around with. Asking someone to dump every single piece of software that they come into contact with is not only disrespectful and childish, it is also a completely irrational idea.

I want something solid and I want something tangible to fall back on when I am down on my luck. If that involves selling off part of my hard earned collection then so be it. But I will tell you that when it comes time to sell and I need hard currency. I won't reach for something that has already been released and I won't give a damn whether the guy I sell it to is going to sit on it, have sex with it, or sell it off again. What I will be worrying about is how I am going to survive.

So grow up already and stop pestering others to do that which you possess absolutely ZERO understanding of.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  14. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

:thumbsup: Well said. Sadly many people don't seem to realize that even if it is just video games, anything that commands a high value is essentially an invenstment.

I was prepared to say more but I've gone over this topic from both sides many times and it all gets very complicated and pretty much just hits dead ends. Both sides will always be stubborn, I don't think I've ever seen one person with an opposing view suddenly switch sides unless they themselves fall into the position they were against.

15. alecjahn

alecjahn Site Soldier

Dump vs distribute?

[EDIT: that was hypothetical, tossing it out there.]

I'd think when someone buys an item like this, the seller is aware of (truthfully or not) of the buyer's usage intentions, and subsequently the item would be priced accordingly.

[EDIT: No need to discuss much further, unless we get more information on the game itself.]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  16. ATN_LR

ATN_LR Active Member

I missed that thread before and I'm a bit late to say that, but I really wanted to thank you for sharing the existence of this game and letting us see a couple of pictures of the game running. This game on the N64 was one of my favorite.

Is it too late to add my name to the group of people wanting to do a community buy?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  17. segaloco

I juuuust noticed something from your pictures. Why are you using an IS-CGB-EMULATOR for that instead of just the cart itself? Also, if it's some reason that doesn't really matter, do you have an IS-AGB-CAPTURE so you can take screenshots of better quality? (Assuming the IS-AGB-CAPTURE can take GBC screenshots as well...)

18. Shiggsy

Shiggsy Enthusiastic Member

I'm guessing he didn't have any batteries to power on the GBC :D

Shiggsy

19. zidapi

zidapi Rising Member

It's always nice to see RareWare protos, they were renowned for being locked down tight as Nintendo in those days.

20. noahbody

noahbody Guest

no cartridge pics or video? ummmm fake?

I mean, I wouldn't really know, but I'm questioning this. If this got dumped, well, I guess I'd shut up.