Japanese Import Pc Gaming

Discussion in 'Microsoft DOS/V and Windows Games' started by rod_wod, Mar 14, 2014.

1. rod_wod

rod_wod Gold Member

No its just the ones that i have found but i own some of them.
    i think i can still buy almost anything from that list and most of them sell for a very cheap price.

2. myloch

myloch Rising Member

That's an interesting and useful list for collectors like me, when I have enough free time I'll sort it and check japanese only releases, I'm only into them. Thanks for the effort you put into the list Rod_wod!

3. rod_wod

rod_wod Gold Member

Cheers :)
    You should find a decent amount of japanese only pc games in the list's.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  4. myloch

myloch Rising Member

"the golf" title mentioned in the list,some more infos? like developer, japanese name...

5. rod_wod

rod_wod Gold Member

You forgot the magic word :)
    I think i mean this game (お父さんのためのゴルフ = Otōsan no tame no gorufu) Published by Unbalance.Or it could be a budget gameland game i'm not 100% sure now as i have lost the cover.

Other Unbalance golf games inc...

お父さんのためのGOLF 名門コース編 軽井沢72ゴルフ北・南コース
    お父さんのためのGOLF 名門コース編 軽井沢72ゴルフ東・西コース
    お父さんのためのGOLF 海岸コース
    ゴルフコース職人
    ゴルフコースメーカー

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    myloch likes this.
  6. Uroko Sakanabito

Uroko Sakanabito Spirited Member

7. myloch

myloch Rising Member

That libretto is so sexy, japaneses do it better (computer) ;)

8. Uroko Sakanabito

Uroko Sakanabito Spirited Member

But thats our german Libretto ^__^
    They only had a few exclusive models in japan (all not that great).

Configured

Zugya,
    S.T.G.
    Kamui (early release)

today, all run fine on my 166Mhz Libretto.
    Will overclock after christmas, no idea why this one still runs @ original speed.

9. bombman

bombman Rising Member

DeChief likes this.
  10. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

I saw it too, and yeah, no chance at that price. :oops:

11. myloch

myloch Rising Member

Yeah, and being on suruga-ya, you have high chance it will drop down price multiple times. Just be sure not to wait too much LOL or somebody else will get it. Last year I had chance of buying pc road blaster for ~8500¥ however I waited too much and I missed. I'm still angry when I think about it.

DeChief likes this.
  12. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

Yep, that's happened to me before too :p I missed a DOS/V copy of Doom on floppies because I was waiting for the price to drop, and somebody bought it! I found one on Yahoo not long after though, so that was fine. The last thing I bought from them was Pathways Into Darkness, and I was crapping my pants about it because I was out and got an email from them letting me know that it was in stock, but couldn't remember the password to sign into my Suruga-ya account since I usually let Chrome sign in for me! I rushed home and got it for 3,500 yen in the end. :cool:

13. bombman

bombman Rising Member

Hey, weren't you going to take pictures of the box and media for Pathways? Let's see it!

14. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

Thanks for reminding me! I actually scanned it, along with a few other bits and pieces of my Bungie collection, a few months ago.

Here are the Japanese Pathways pics:

Box and floppies: https://imgur.com/a/OZ7iyGt
    Full manual scan: https://imgur.com/a/Zr8axHv

Unfortunately due to the box being a bit bowed in the middle, it was basically impossible for me to get a nicer scan than that - I could try putting weights inside the box while scanning it but I also have sealed games that are slightly bowed and need to be scanned, and I wouldn't be able to use the same method for those. I'm going to wait until I come up with a better scanning setup before doing the rest.

I've installed the game on my Pioneer MPC-LX100 Macintosh and it works fine, but I didn't have time that day to dump the disks as per Macintosh Garden's rules and I've been busy since. I also struggle with getting things onto/off of an old Macintosh, I'll probably try some kind of networking thing using a piece of software I found on Yahoo called MacLan. It should let me network a Mac and a Windows 95 PC to each other, then I can get the files off of that PC. It's also very time-consuming to setup the MPC Mac because I have to fetch the monitor and clear so much space on my desk to set it up, but I have a Macintosh Performa 275 (Color Classic II) on its way so that should be much more convenient for dumping floppies.

Oh, I should mention that I found a set of 4 floppies for the Japanese version of Marathon 1; I was under the impression that it only came out on CD but I guess I was wrong! They're on their way to me soon, unfortunately without the box or manual though. I also found Bungie's first game, Gnop! (a pong clone) in a collection of shareware Mac games just called "ゲームコレクション 4" released by a company called SHOEISHA CO. Ltd.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018 at 5:06 AM
  15. bombman

bombman Rising Member

Excellent! The box has the monster in the corner, too. And on the back: localized by Attain. Idk, I just find this release fascinating since it's so obscenely rare.

You probably didn't have to go through the trouble of scanning the manual to be honest, since it was already available on the Marathon Trilogy disc. But your efforts are much appreciated.

I definitely missed out before on Surugaya, even after logging in immediately after receiving a notification. I missed out on the Japanese version of "Alice Interactive Museum" for Windows. It was available for 12800. Currently being relisted on Yahoo by "letsgoda" for 100k yen... lmao. Tried to haggle him down but no deal, though it has worked in the past. But I recently scored the ORIGINAL big box mac version for very cheap!

The Last Express has dropped to half price since it came up last year (https://www.suruga-ya.jp/product/detail/145015532001). I will have to buy it soon as it's now approaching the last price I saw it go for on yahoo.

DeChief likes this.
  16. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

I find it fascinating too since there's nothing on Attain's website to suggest that they localised it, and even when I visited their office, the person I spoke to said that all they did was Abuse, and Marathons, and some hint books. And yeah it has the monster in the corner like the first western release, I'm guessing the update disk that came with my copy might add PowerPC optimization or something but I haven't tried it since the PSU in my PowerMac 7200/90 is dead right now.

Damn, I hate it when people do that. I can't say I'm not guilty of flipping Suruga-ya finds for a quick buck (man, their orange Xbox Live memory cards are cheap sometimes :p) but I'd never do that with software that hasn't been released. True that I didn't have to scan the manual, but there could've been differences between it and the Trilogy release's version. Plus when it comes to preservation, the more examples of something coming from different sources, the better.

I hope you manage to get The Last Express, looks cool!

17. bombman

bombman Rising Member

They also localized Amber Journeys Beyond and Picture Perfect Golf... strange if they didn't mention this either unless you were specifically asking about Bungie games.

DeChief likes this.
  18. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

Huh, they didn't mention those either and I remember specifically asking if they'd localised any other games, Bungie or otherwise... It's also not on their website.

19. myloch

myloch Rising Member

There are at least 3 games of letsgoda guy I'd give an arm for but I still need it (the arm) so the games have to stay there. :D

DeChief likes this.