Jaguar unreleased games info

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by BeckHansen, Nov 26, 2008.

1. BeckHansen

BeckHansen Member

I m going to finally have a Jaguar after years of wanting one ( you know , when i was 12-13 i looked at it in magazines and stores.. and thought it was cool but dad never bought it for me so.. )

so i m pretty hyped about it right now and i d like to know if some of you has some knowledge about games that never could be on jaguar^^

If some of you can help me with some info or point me to some sites that have some info i d be very happy

oh i m trying to get a Cd add on too, i d like unreleased games info and things like that about cd games too^^

Sorry for my english i hope i didn't post a stupid thing and did not bother you with my post

2. macwest

macwest Resolute Member

check out atariage.com they have one of the most in depth listings for atari systems.

3. BeckHansen

BeckHansen Member

Thanks a lot!
    It s a wonderful repository of informations about jaguar^^

4. macwest

macwest Resolute Member

If you do not have one find a mad catz box for your jaguar. The video out made a big difference for me.

5. RaZiel

RaZiel Enthusiastic Member

I made a s-vidoe cable for mine as it is easy to do, but it supports RGB out the box and upon finally using that my Jag looks sweet. As for unreleased games try B&C computers as they sell unreleased Jaguar games as well as Songbird Prouctions, they even make Jaguar games as we speak. They sell unreleased and games that have been made with the last couple years because belive it or not the Jag has seen better games since it death. And as for the CD add-on it is a waste of time. There ar eonly 11 games and out of them only 2are worth playing. The good thing is you can play backup games on the CD as the copy protection is easily circumvented usinf CloneCD. I am a JAg fan but the $200 I spent on the Jaguar CD was the biggest waste of cash ever!! If you are really lucky you can find a Jag flash cart. I love mine and it sees a ton of action. The sad thing is there are so few games that are worth playing that aren't better on just about any system as the Jaguar isn't a true 64 bit system. I suggest Iron Solider 2 above all other games, but stay away from Bubsy and Double Dragon V. They are the biggest turds I have ever played.

6. BeckHansen

BeckHansen Member

Thanks a lot for the big reply , i really enjoyed reading your post ^^

Hmm... i see Jaguar CD is a little bit useless, it would cost me around 350 € so if it s really that useless it s out of the question for now.

I thought you could play unreleased on jag cd , in fact i wanted it to try those games, other than for collection sake .
    Can you tell me more about where i can find that Jaguar Flash cart? Or is it a very very rare item which just pops up a few times?
    Speaking of released games you told me no bubsy or ddV , how about Worms? or Rayman? When i was a teen i was drooling at Rayman on Jaguar , i don't know if it s just my memories .. but didn't that game look better than the other ss and psx ports? I m asking what you think since it costs a little

Now i m going to check out those store you mentioned , thanks

7. Stone

Stone Enthusiastic Member

Tut tut RaZiel, it is 64-bit internally ;-)

The JagCD is the easiest way to play homebrew stuff (far easier to make a CD than a cart) but for released games there are only a few that I'd play. I still really love VidGrid, Highlander's not bad also.

Worms and Rayman are both great (and yes, Rayman looks great on it!), also check out Atari Karts if you get the chance (and a lot of people swear by AvsP but I didn't like it much). The Doom port is one of the best on any console, and everyone loves Tempest 2000! The Procontroller is way better than the standard one, definitely worth getting one of those.

Flash carts are very rare - probably not worth trying to find one.

8. BeckHansen

BeckHansen Member

I see.. there are many games in the auction i won ( can i post it so you can rate if it looks a good deal to you or if i made a mistake? )

i mean many games from the one you told me to look for apart from Atari Karts which is rare and expensive from what i can gather from Atariage site (but i checked out some screens and you re right, looks fun and nice! Gonna have to save a few pennys for that)

One of the reasons i wanted the Jaguar CD was the fact that there was Primal Rage , i have a strange feeling towards that game... i mean i know it s not a technical fighter and all, but still it tickles that little kid inside me , so i ve been wanting an arcade perfect port for a long time, but from what i read on the net looks like it s based on the Megadrive port?? I always thought that since it was a time warner game ( atari , right? ) it should have been arcade perfect , what are your thought about it?

Thanks a lot guys for the nice replies , i wish i registered and posted here a long time ago, i would have avoided a lot of "retro collecting" mistakes

you are all very nice in here sorry for my english

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  9. RaZiel

Show your winnings and we can go from there bubby.

10. BeckHansen

BeckHansen Member

11. RaZiel

Not a bad set but pricey if you ask me. The most expensive one is Aliens Vs. Predator. I paid $25 for one complete with all three inlays. The set is rather nice though considering the shape. As for games get Iron Solider 2. I didn't care for one but two was awesome. Also try out Rayman and any of the games at Songbird or B&C Computers that have had a recent release.

http://www.myatari.com/

http://www.songbird-productions.com/

http://www.telegames.co.uk/

Those will be your best friends when looking for rare titles for the Jaguar, but like I said while the Jag has some great games 90% of them are on other consoles and are better on them. I have found memories of the Jag. I asked for a 3DO back in the day my Grandma surprised me with a Jag and Aliens vs. Predator. Since then it has had a special place in my heart.

12. BeckHansen

BeckHansen Member

Oh man! The memories you brought to me!

I asked for a 3DO to my uncle because i was like 12-13 , i m italian so here 3DO was not easily found in markets and such , you needed to go in specialized videogames stores...so i gave him a magazine to look at so he could go to stores and shop for it ( he didn't know obviously about consoles )

when my birthday arrived i received 2 megadrive games that were on my "if there s no 3DO list"

back then i didn't know it s price, i knew it was high but didn't know how much... after learning it a few weeks later from a catalog i actually regretted asking my uncle to buy that thingXD

i always try to imagine his face after knowing the price ...

sorry if i went off topic here , thanks for your honest opinion about my purchase... i feared i would have messed up somewhere ( in fact... pricey)

next time i ll ask here before buying sets so i can get a better idea of the situation

I m going to grab some things from those sites you linked , many thanks! I love this forum ! Never seen so many infos and nice people to talk with about old times !

Oh by the way , is there a place where i can see videos or pictures of the previous jagfests? I never knew they held that type of festivals for jaguar!

13. Jaysmith2000

Jaysmith2000 Peppy Member

I have many ex-Atari employees who worked on the Jaguar hanging out on my site as well as current developers for the Jaguar system. There have been a ton of releases for the system after it died and many currently in the works (some publicly, some not). Lots of good stuff available in the downloads section as well. Someone mentioned a flash cart above, there is a new hardware that was recently released (although sold out until a future run) called the Skunkboard that is fantastic, easy to use and works under Vista/XP. Site is jaguarsector.com.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
    KGRAMR likes this.
  14. saturndual32

saturndual32 Active Member

The Jag port of Primal Rage is better than the 32X, Mega Drvie and SNES ports, but inferior to the 3DO, PS1 and Saturn conversions, unfortunately. I was quiet dissapointed by this. Still, i love my Jag!

15. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

I'd have to disagree- there's no music and the pad is not suited for Doom at all. I'd rather play the SNES port... even the dire 3DO port had music. There were no good console ports of Doom until the Playstation release, anyway.

16. Stone

Of that set, Flashback, Pitfall and Power Drive Rally are the hidden gems. I quite enjoy Chequered Flag too but I'm in the minority :D

Alchy: Horses for courses, I grew to prefer it with no music! The Procontroller makes everything much more tolerable, the standard controller is truly woeful. The reason it's technically better is that it's the only port with 16-bit lighting instead of 256-colour, which is really noticeable in some areas. You have to take it in context though, the original PC version is always going to be best but it's much easier to throw power at the problem :) With the resources available, Carmack did a fantastic job.

Stone

17. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

i guess you meant the wolfenstein 3d one. That one is really the best port!

18. skavenger216

skavenger216 Familiar Face

Correct me if im wrong but want the Jag port of Wolf3d censored similar to how the SNES version of Wolf3d was??

19. BeckHansen

BeckHansen Member

Guys this morning the Jaguar arrived at my place

i was so happy until i opened it and.. noticed that atari choose not to include a Switch box inside the box

so i can't setup my jaguar this way:\

i need help from you guys , i have old switchboxes from SMS , MD , 32X and NES

but they all have the end where i should be putting Jaguar's rf out already used by their system's cable.. ( sorry for my english i hope you understand )

so i tried powering up the jaguar without a TV antenna connected ( thus connecting only the jaguar rf out to my tv directly ) it resulted in a good picture but buzzing sound , like when there s static on your tv .

Now finding a switchbox in here is a mess, i ve been to 2 - 3 electronics store but they don't carry anything like that anymore:\

they even looked at me like , man ... are you ok? You re really looking for that?

What do you guys suggest? I m already buying a better cable ( i already meant to , since you told me to not play my jaguar with RF ) but it ll be at least one week till it arrives , i d like to play my jag now...

can you help me out? Is there something else i can do?
    Sorry to bother you , forever in debt with you for your advices

20. Stone

The RF switchbox is an automatic thing, it shouldn't prevent buzzing...? I would wait for the cable, the RF modulator is really rubbish in the Jag (well, in anything to be honest) and you know you get exactly the right result. Too many variables when you're using RF, your problem really could be almost anything so it's really hard to debug remotely.

Stone