Jaguar Tiny Toon Adventures - Plucky in Hollywood Hijinks Designs

Discussion in 'Game Design Documents' started by KGRAMR, Aug 13, 2017.

1. LD

LD Peppy Member

Regarding my comment about Lost Jaguar Games being 'put to bed'..

KGRAMR:You totally misunderstood the meaning of what i meant..

As i have stated before..i am not a Jaguar owner or collector, so the prospect of newer builds being found and shared online, are not what i set out to find.

I was purely interested in finding out if work had actually started, how a Jaguar version would compare to other versions, if a conversion and how the hardware would of been used, epically if it was an original title for the Jaguar.

And most of all..would the titles of had any chance of boosting the quality ratio of Jaguar software.

Rebellion answered questions regarding Legions Of The Undead, years ago on RVG..so that put it to bed for myself..

Carlo P. talked me through status of Conan years ago so that resolved my questions regarding that.

For myself it honestly doesn't matter if a collector has a prototype of Conan..epically as currently and no offence meant..you appear to be doing nothing more than speculating such a thing might exist.

As i made clear when i originally put up my chat with Carlo, GTW asked me if there was enough of the game finished to do an article on it..i approached Carlo, discovered not even the 1st level was complete and reported the full info.

GTW thanked me and said shame..but it doesn't really warrant a write up.

It was put to bed.

And that's simply been the case with so many Jaguar titles.

GTW and myself once discussed possibility of doing articles on Freelancer 2120 and Space Junk to give the site some Atari coverage but neither had the legs and Jaguar as a format? Too toxic..

Both versions of Tiny Toons sound bloody awful..game would never of matched quality of 16 bit games by Konami.

So..again for myself..It's been put to bed.

Phear? Little more than a curio..

It pulled in some medicore scores and it simply didn't make a big splash on that format.

As for design documents..concept art etc popping up..It's great and needs to be preserved..but when your talking games that never got any further than this..There isn't any milage in it.

As for MK3. .A claim on Atari Age years ago that someone actually played it..was taken at face value..become mythical..yet people totally ignore fact Atari and every single media person at E3 or whichever show it was supposed to be playable at..decided not to cover it?

That is simply ludicrous.

Yes..It was started..payments made etc..documents and Atari Corp personal alone with Probe..confirm this but playable?

Quake? I'm sure Carmack did some test coding to see how far he could push Jaguar..what might be possible..but fact is..After years of searching..no one has delivered this mythical interview he did or said where it took place or when..yet they cling to it.

I wanted to see it. .so his alleged comments could be put in context.

It hasn't appeared and i don't think it's worth sticking around in a forlorn hope it will arrive..

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  2. LD

LD Peppy Member

You said it far better than i could.

No offense to anyone digging deeper into the Jaguar or wanting to create specific threads on here for Jaguar games, but the reality of it all is pretty much this..

All we are doing these days in a large part is copy and pasting material that's been out on sites like Atari Age..Unseen64..Atari Museum...X-Cult, Atari Explorer Online etc etc for years.

Sure, it's going in a collected thread..but it's old information.

Code now being playable or viewable on YT doesn't alter the fact games like Tiny Toons or Thea Realm Fighters etc would of been slaughtered at review..had they been commercial releases.

From a press reaction point of view..Atari did not need more titles that would be ridiculed at review...

Club Drive, Kasumi Ninja, Busby, Blue Lightning etc etc did enough damage as it was and that's not me being offensive to coders, artists etc who worked on them.

You Tube alone is full of idiots slagging off Cybermorph..not understanding what it offered..comparing it to SNES Star Fox etc.

Had so many of these unreleased Jaguar games been finished..The press then and the army of Internet posters who seem to know Jaguar was awful..yet have never played one..Would be all over them.

So they remain curiosity type affairs..but we shouldn't get too carried away and view them as game changers

3. LD

LD Peppy Member

Again no offence meant to fellow posters and this is 2 year old information..but this is what's been established as fact regarding Conan from coder himself..

CARLO:“… source code lost in some 40MB HDD crash (or maybe it was floppy disk LOL hard to remember because we were moving back in forth between PC and Amiga DPaint). It was not even a full 1 level finished, just the beginning like… Conan leaving the house and going into the forest and fighting some enemy waves there…. no big boss implemented, so really only a demo.”

Ok so just to clarify 1 last time..The coder fully admits he lost his source code..sadly didn't make back ups..but that's by the by.

He doesn't indicate or speculate or suggest code might exist anywhere..is sat with anyone..was taken from any show etc.

In his eyes..it's simply gone..what you saw was what little there was..and there wasn't a lot to start with..start a level..fight a few foes.

That was it..It was designed to draw interest at a show.

It worked on that level.

We know who was behind game..what they went on to work on..i rather enjoyed Soul Fighter on Dreamcast..though it got hated at review..

It's reaching saturation point of posting just for sake of posting..

At this stage anything else is pure speculation unless someone can name actual people.

Nudge nudge I know someone who might have it..stuff i grew tired of reading on Atari Age.

The last few weeks have proven the milage from Jaguar and 32X lost games has gone.

The games aren't killer apps..The info being shared is years old and we are back into speculation.

The fact threads on both pull in single digit numbers of people showing an interest..goes along with the apathy sites like Atarimania, Unseen64, Atari I.O etc found...Documents put up on Atarimania that drew little interest now appearing on here generating little interest.

Which is why i have never bothered converting stacks of Scott's old files..I feel bad..they should be shared but time it takes just for a few likes or a reply..hell no..

Jaguar is too niche to put it politely to be a crowd puller..

I know established home brew coders are leaving the scene as there just isn't the market to justify the time invested and i feel the same about the Jaguar.

People are doing fantastic podcasts and YT videos on Jaguar..but comments etc left are in single digits.

4. KGRAMR

KGRAMR Gaming aficionado raised by family & friends.

Ok then, that's your opinion and i have mine.

5. KGRAMR

Regarding the homebrew part, Some of the top homebrewers, such as Gorf and Stormworks Interactive, left the scene due to constant negativity & trolling from Reboot & his followers. They single-handedly almost destroyed the Jaguar scene with their disgusting ST ports (which sadly Piko Interactive is banking on now...instead of doing original code for the system). It's really sad to be honest. I will say this one time and only once, Sauron is the worst moderator i've seen on a forum. The moderators of ASSEMbler are BY FAR much better than him combined.

6. LD

LD Peppy Member

The Jaguar home brew scene isn't really something i follow..though i have to say as a massive Behind Jaggi Lines fan on the Atari 800 XL.. (I much prefer the games original name)..It was wonderful to see a remake appear on the Jaguar..especially after the planned ST/AMIGA commercial update years ago..sadly never progressed beyond a tech demo..

So any drama or disputes between any groups..hasn't effected me.

Piko Interactive? Again there..other than answering a few Q's he sent my way about lost Jaguar games..and myself openly questioning if a medicore ST/AMIGA title..Custodian. .was the wisest choice as your 1st Jaguar title..epically given the price tag..i don't really follow..believe he's bought a few other properties..Retro magazine and some Ebay esq site?

But again..not something i honestly concern myself with, to be honest.

I've never even been suspended from a forum..say a 2 week ban whilst they investigate fake accounts..let alone banned for a comment made.

Sure left a few..Gamestm after editor didn't like my comments about them giving PS3 Dead Space 3 10 at review..but I paid £45 for that shit based on said review.

RetroGamer editor made a song and dance after i had the mod PSJ close my account on there..He can never return..

But that was a stable door situation as having cancelled my sub to the mag..hardly likely to think..ohhhh. .let's return to forum.

Since then magazine changed hands to Future publishing said editor banned his own MODS and loyal supporters..

Bizzare to watch unfold..but it's the Internet. .

If you can't take critism of your magazines material from people who buy it..improve the quality or stay off the forum..

It's like a ghost town over there now..so maybe the moderating went south there as well?

Lordy only knows..I got out long before the real madness started.

Claims of fake accounts..life time bans for freelancers brothers..2 weeks bans for freelance writers themselves.

Last time i looked in..1 writer was being scolded for gloating about recent bans..another for trying to shout down a paying customer..and these are supposed to be adults?.

Sorry..This has nothing to do with Atari trying twice and failing..to get a Tiny Toons game on a 64 bit system anywhere near the quality of existing 16 bit games...

7. LD

LD Peppy Member

I will mention Gorf though..

I last spotted him ranting in YT comments section about Rebellion not pushing Jaguar hard enough..3D wise with Skyhammer. .

Opinions and all that..But jeez Gorf..

Lead 3D coder quit company before game was finished..had to be called back in to assist at end of games development..

And really? There are more impressive commercial or home brew 3D games on Jaguar..erm..where exactly?.

8. KGRAMR

Hey, you're the one who started posting the same stuff you had here from other forums, not me, in fact all that stuff should be on the other thread, not here.

9. LD

LD Peppy Member

Actually that's not what happened..

Bramsworth and myself got chatting on here about..well how few lost Jaguar games there are for us personally on the Jaguar. .which came about from the Tiny Toons discussion..things went a bit sideways from original topic sure..

But things often do in threads..but we kept it about Jaguar lost games..

I don't recall Bramsworth or myself straying into areas about who was doing what with ST code on Jaguar or which sites had heavy handed Mods..

You brought that to the table in this thread.

I just gave you the common courtesy of a reply..making clear it wasn't something i had any involvement in..Not being part of Reboot or Piko and then jokingly apoligised for taking thread off topic.

I also don't think Bramsworth and myself brought up Gorf either..

But considering there's only a handful of us posting in this thread..let alone other Jaguar threads on here..

No harm done

10. KGRAMR

We'll i think i'm done here. There's a file that i'm converting to post it here. It's about a game that was mentioned on The 3DO Zone forums after the original post on JSII dissapeared with the site's closure. I think A31Chris may know which one i'm talking about.

11. KGRAMR

To truly end my post here and i know this is not video game related, but stuff like what's happening in the lost media community such as the rediscovery of the 2 shorts of Johnny Quazar, really goes to show that you never know how these unreleased games could pop up. You can be negative and say that these stuff will never surface but i, on the other hand, i'll never lose the hope of seeing this kind of stuff shown to everybody.

12. Love64BitProcessors

Love64BitProcessors Member

I just glimpsed, at the top-half of, this map - it's amazing!!! Nice!

KGRAMR likes this.
  13. Love64BitProcessors

Love64BitProcessors Member

The Bugs Bunny for the Nintendo Gameboy (non-color) was GREAT! I recall the music tones & Bugs rampantly skirting about. hahah