ISO HELP

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by ASSEMbler, Jun 2, 2006.

1. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

I have an iso of a certain game, and it's a mixed mode? cd that has data and a data track (substream?)

Basically to get it to work so that boys and girls can play the game,
    I have to swap a file on the ISO and burn it.

Only problem is when I edit the iso I lose the substream and it won't work
    anymore.

How can I swap the critical file in an iso file and burn it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2006
  2. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

"Magic ISO" app might work.

3. ASSEMbler

Basically when I change the main file , either the iso or img, whatever format I make it, the protection no longer matches and it doesn't boot.

You think if I made a disc using the sony cd generator it would work?

I would assume if I burned the cd from the source files and left out any protection it should work...

Anyone have the GUI version? I only have command line.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2006
  4. ASSEMbler

Well made an CCI file with the sony cd-generator, and it still won't work, it's in the damn executable. So now I have to root it out of the damn .EXE!

5. Carnivol

Carnivol Dauntless Member

[edit]
    Okay... maybe I'm blind and/or tired (and misread a few things in the original post), anyway, I guess the extraction of the data should work pretty much the same way as mentioned below, I guess. (with just a few minor changes if the data tracks are of a different mode)

And same applies to the track ripping and cuesheet editing too, I guess.

[original]
    Assuming we're dealing with a PSX title here, I recommend reading Cless' Playstation Document
    (Note, some of the tools mentioned there behave bad in Windows sometimes, but if you're familiar with the PC emulator "DosBox" use that one and just mount the right folders and such and do it through dosbox, works like a charm :D)

This should atleast get the first data track correctly extracted with subchannels intact and then put back together fine and dandy.

And as suggested in the document, even though not covered, do the Audio files as raw .WAV files (evt. as just RAW data track rips or something with CDRwin)

Only problem I can see is if it has mixed files on the disc that represents an audio track (like how Capcom games usualy have a 30mb file named ZDATA.DAT or something that also accourding to TOC is an about 3min long blank audio track at the end)

But I guess if you just edit the cuesheet correctly so that any evt. audio+file tracks start correctly and such, it should be all good.

So in overall, it'd be:

1: Get a cuesheet made for how the CD currently looks.

2: Rip, alter and recompile data track

3: rip audio tracks

4: Put the edited data track + the raw audio tracks in a folder and make a new cuesheet and check if it matches with the old one for track start and such (or evt. just edit the old one)

Oh, and use ISObuster or something as a good friend to check file starts for the file(s) with the highest LBA, to see if any of them doubles as an audio track (audio track should then 'ofcourse' start at the same position on the disc as that file)

Hope I made some sense and is of any help now

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  6. smf

smf mamedev

You reckon the .exe is checksumming the file you're patching? It's possible, it shouldn't be too hard to track down if it is. Probably take a couple of hours.

smf

7. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

mmmmh if i remember well, in ISOBUSTER you can extract substream RAW parts of the ISO and add them later, after that proceed like Carnival said

EDIT: actually it doesn't seem that you problems lies in the substream datas.... have you tried extracting all files, changing the exe and re-building the image using CDR-WIN? that old prog allowed to create great mixed mode cds (i presume you have data-audio mixed mode cd....)

try to tell us more maybe we'll find a way to help you

Last edited: Jun 3, 2006
  8. ASSEMbler

Nero won't let you make mixed mode cds with content from another cd. It just won't let you drag and drop the file to the field.

I have to dig up cdr-win, if it's anything like making turbo duo backups,
    I think I can manage it.

9. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

any news so far?