Is there a way to reassign PS3 inputs from CFW?

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by Anthony817, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Anthony817

Anthony817 Fiery Member

So I just bought a PS3 and jailbroke and upgraded the HDD. Pretty great console so far. But I have a Xbox 360 styled Power A controller with true triggers. I want to make the L2 and R2 triggers have L1 and R1 inputs because most PS3 games use that for FPS controls to aim and shoot. Also not every FPS game lets me customize input.

So is there an app that can permanently reassign those inputs for me?

Thanks.

Edit: I found some app called Buttons Layout Changer v1.3 by Rogero.

That seems to only work with CFW 3.41 and 3.55 only as well as I believe only allowing you to swap the X and Circle keys around.

So does somebody know of something similar for CFW 4.82?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  2. Anthony817

Anthony817 Fiery Member

Going to post here that I eventually did learn of a much better way. Surprised nobody here even recommended this to me. PS3XPAD is just what I was looking for, but this plugin let me use my Xbox 360 Wireless dongle for PC on my PS3 and play my PS3 with wireless 360 controller, as well as features full on button remapping. So seriously bummed nobody here knew about this or even bothered to reply. I could have been playing with 360 controller instead this whole time hehe.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ps3homebrew/wiki/ps3xpad