Is there a tool to apply a compiled patch to a shadowboot rom?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Development' started by leInteger, Aug 22, 2019.

1. leInteger

leInteger Newly Registered

Title is pretty much my question. I've wrote and compiled a patch and i'm now wanting to apply it to my rom. How would i go about doing that? Is there a public tool which will do this? Thanks.

2. just1n

just1n Member

It depends what the patch is for.

Bootloader patch: Bootloaders are RSA signed. You need to have the appropriate private key in order to patch and run the loader.

Hypervisor/Kernel: you can do what xebuild does on retails and write a patcher at the end of CD (SD for devkit loaders) that patches the hv and or kernel.

If you are using something like an rgloader shadowboot you may be able to patch the kernel/xam or other user mode addresses by putting the patches on the hdd’s file (Xam.rglp or whatever). If such a feature even exists

3. ddxcb

ddxcb Gota J.T.A.G. That Xbone Yo.

there was a tool called shadowboot.exe that took a compiled patch file and inject it into a shadow boot rom file.

It modifies the SD file with a patching engine for the hv/kernel.

4. leInteger

leInteger Newly Registered

I actually forgot about this thread. I created my own command line based program which extracts the SD bootloader and then i apply my patches to the bl manually then I use my tool to add it back into the rom and then sign it and encrypt it using the private key. I have no idea who originally obtained and released the private key, I just found it somewhere. But credit to a day of my time and the free60 project for the information and acabey for his open-source flash dump tool. I may also release the tool but it needs a little bit more work.