Installing PS2 DVD Player Update from HDD Utility disk 1.10

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by angelwolf71885, Aug 8, 2018 at 10:38 AM.

1. angelwolf71885

angelwolf71885 Dauntless Member

hello i have the HDD utility update disk but NO PS2 hard drive i have the network card just no drive
    i keep getting an error saying it cant detect the card drive to turn the system off install the drive
    and try again...if there a way to install just the DVD player update...or should i just wait til my
    swap magic disk arrives from china in September and install the region free DVD player ive seen on here?

thank you for your time

2. kHn

kHn Active Member

The HDD is required to start the installation of DVD Player version 3.02U from the HDD Utility Disc indeed.
    2.14U is the last version that came out as a DVD Player update disc (not requiring the HDD).

It is possible to bind the update files and copy them to your memory card, original files or the hacked ones; but of course you'll need a modchip/FMCB/FHDB/Swap Magic/Independence Exploit to do that.

zzattack, AlGollan84 and pool7 like this.
  3. angelwolf71885

angelwolf71885 Dauntless Member

thank you for your replay i understand and will wait for my swap magic 3.8 to arrive $9.98 from eBay :D

4. zzattack

zzattack Spirited Member

edit: oops, wrong thread