Information on xecuter cases/faceplates

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by drphilwasright, Apr 8, 2018.

1. drphilwasright

drphilwasright Member

Hey guys, mainly a lurker here, but had a few questions. I've been following the OG Xbox scene for probably 10 years now, and I was wondering if anyone knew how feasible it would be to find one of the replacement cases that Xecuter made years ago, as well as the Control Panel they released for the X3 chip, if I remember correctly.

A clear case and control panel was my pipe dream as a 14 year old, and I've always wanted to build my childhood dream Xbox, but I was wondering how feasible that would be nowadays, as they seem to be somewhat rare.

If the xecuter case and control panel is out of the question (can't afford/justify dropping hundreds on them), does anyone else know of a good aftermarket case? I know the unbranded aftermarket cases has a tendency to be made of very brittle/cheap plastic, and I'd like to avoid that.

Sorry if these are a lot of questions that may be considered dumb, but I've wanted to build up an awesome modded Xbox since I was a kid, when my mom refused to let me buy anything online. Now that I'm older, I'd like to see if it's even possible. Thank you for any help/advice!

2. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Dauntless Member

It's not dumb at all to ask. I'm sure some OG Xbox gurus will chime in here with better info, but you probably already know that it isn't going to be cheap to find what you're looking for.

3. GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch Spirited Member

These days they're very rare to find on auction sites or on forums where Xbox collectors frequent. I saw one pop up a few weeks ago that went for I think around $250. Maybe higher? Point being that unless you're willing to shell out hundreds of dollars, it's very unlikely you'll find one. I'm looking for one myself and have seen 2 auctions in recent memory and they both went for over $200.

Ghost Case is pretty much the only option for new custom cases for the OG Xbox. Ghost Case sells clear cases for $28 through their site. Cheaper than eBay. And yes, it's cheap plastic. I used to install ghost cases on 360's at a local repair shop I worked at and those things sucked to install. Half the time they didn't fit right or something would snap off. I say that not to deter you from getting one, but just be aware that the plastic is indeed sub-par so avoid taking it apart repeatedly.

P.s. the clear and translucent green versions of the X3 faceplate are more rare than the regular black ones.

4. drphilwasright

drphilwasright Member

Man, I really wish someone else would start producing cases again. I wanted one SO bad when I was 13 but my parents wouldn't let me buy anything off the internet because they thought 'they' would steal my parents credit card info. Bummer that there's a decent chance I'll never own one. My dream setup was (and still is) a crystal case and control panel. I might try a ghost case just to get the next best thing, and they're cheap.

Thanks for the info though man! Still gonna keep my eyes peeled.