Info about Resident Evil 1.5

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by santo_reska, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirl™

My understanding is that Behind The Mask is going to be a classic-styled Resident Evil game built on Squeezebomb - an engine that is now being used by Team I.G.A.S. to complete their restoration of the 1.5 prototype, so I'm presuming it's meant to handle pre-rendered backgrounds with polygonal characters and enemies over these, which is the same method Capcom used (including the tank control method). Is this about right?

2. Getta Robo

Getta Robo Robust Member

As Anthaemia. said, basically is a "remake" of the PS1 survivor game with a game engine and cameras closely resembling the first three games of the PS1 series. Gemini is the main programmer of the game and you can see some game footage here:

Further information is available on the-horror forums here:
    http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?10508-Resident-Evil-Behind-the-Mask-Hazardous-Battle

shane7951 likes this.
  3. pato

pato Resolute Member

Behind the Mask was also the planned subtitle for RE Survivor (Bio Hazard Gun Survivor: Behind the Mask).

IIRC, some people at THIA wondered if it was an reference to the Cleaners group in the game, and also the fact that the leader have the Hunk name in his model file.

4. cammers1995

cammers1995 Active Member

Personally, RE 1,2,3 and Code Veronica X were very horror oriented in my opinion. While 3 had an action aspect, they did a good job balancing it out to still be scary.

Outbreak was really where it got action like to me. Then 4 clearly was pretty much all action. I don't see where fans though it was scary, because it really wasnt. 4 pretty much just action oriented. I still, to this day, jump at the classic RE scares. 4? Not once. Not even my first time. No modern RE, even revelations, are scary to me. I HOPE Rev 2 will end up being scary. (I have not played it yet. Still waiting on Vita version!)

5. Kegluneq

Kegluneq Member

It should be. While the footage from the complete disc might not be the latest (as evidenced by some pre-rendered backgrounds surfacing in the Trial being updated), it is the most functional build that the public had access to. It's not known if the changes produced were coded into a latter functional build, but we do not have any reason to suspect such. What I can tell you is that some of the footage from the complete disc overruns other video footage that was released by Capcom as 1.5 was being scrapped and replaced back in April 1997. They didn't recycle that footage for complete disc, they went back to their build storage and popped up whatever was the most recent to compile the video footage for that particular treat.

6. shane7951

shane7951 Spirited Member

I thought 4 was actually really good. I felt it still created a great atmosphere and intensity to be on your toes. I agree it's not like the others in that aspect but it's the perfect blend of action and horror.

I know there isn't a time frame but has anyone from I.G.A.S stated how far along they are with the project?

7. herrlehmann

herrlehmann Newly Registered

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  8. Gemini

Gemini Retro developer

Time for some Fukkatsu no 'R':

Trailer contains a release date for the first demo, along with some RoboGeisha-like narration and a brief recap of how much stuff will be in the playable version. Enjoy the end of the long silence.

Keiji Dragon and EETFUK like this.
  9. shane7951

Can't wait for an update on the main game

10. Gemini

Gemini Retro developer

There are still a few things to settle on the main game (like a LLVM-based event compiler), but I think it shouldn't take very long to produce a demo out of it. The engine is currently pretty much mature and does all 1.5 needs.

shane7951 likes this.
  11. twinspectre

twinspectre Gaming Enthusiast

12. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirl™

All I can say is "knife to meet you, too!"

Seriously, can't everything be done in that RoboGeisha trailer style voice? (There soooo needs to be an app for that...)

13. ItsMeMario

ItsMeMario Gutsy Member

wtf did I just see ? @_@

14. Conker2012

Conker2012 Intrepid Member

Was RE 1.5 ever released to us? I've not been in this topic for ages, so sorry if it was released some pages back.

15. pato

pato Resolute Member

I wonder if there is people interested in RE2 beta 1

It was released two years ago, its the same build from the PS Museum.

16. shane7951

17. pato

pato Resolute Member

I am way curious over the final design, after all, we got what we wanted over 1.5.

18. Conker2012

Conker2012 Intrepid Member

19. Gemini

Gemini Retro developer

For those waiting the Battle Coliseum release, here goes nothing:

More info and links in description, as usual.

shane7951 likes this.
  20. shane7951

Awesome, thank you very much