Info about Resident Evil 1.5

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by santo_reska, Jan 5, 2008.

1. comicbooknerd

comicbooknerd Spirited Member

Does anyone happen to have any information on who leaked the pvb yet? Just curious (& greatfull) about the situation.

2. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Happy to still see this being worked on. With how buggy the released build was, it'll be a nice breath of fresh air to play a patched build.

3. geluda

geluda <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

By "unspecified" it could mean one build, it could mean two, it could mean zero. No one has ever made a public comment on what was actually discussed or on the table before the contact disappeared, so don't take those comments to mean that the 80% build was ever part of the deal, we simply don't know.

4. 90s Gamer

90s Gamer Guest

Hey man, I haven't seen you for quite some time now... :eek: Hope you're doing alright...

That's right...

Original post

How could there be BioHazard 1.5 without any drama, caused by frantic, greedy ego-maniacs? ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013
  5. RichardX

RichardX Peppy Member

thia... the largest gathering of fanatics. I do not trust a word of members of this forum.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  6. 90s Gamer

90s Gamer Guest

There are quite a number of genuine people out there, many of which participate in this thread, like geluda for instance. Don't throw out the baby with the bath water...

7. shane7951

shane7951 Spirited Member

I find 1.5 to be a very fascinating story. With everything that has come along I would love to see a documentary on it.

With the Bioflames contact I'm a bit confused on how he/she lost the contact. I've read it was due to the source's friend who worked for Capcom of Japan wanting the contact to cease and other sources simply say Bioflames lost the contact with no backstory.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there another instance where someone came into contact with another source who claimed to have the 80% build and that fell through as well?

I read the 4 part RE 1.5 document so I may be getting my facts mixed up.

8. 90s Gamer

90s Gamer Guest

It is a story alright ;-)

Latest update from Team IGAS...

[​IMG]

9. davenixdorf

davenixdorf Peppy Member

I believe D.Birkin who made that post is a part of Team IGAS.

10. Zombie250

Zombie250 <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Twas D.Birkin. There was also talks of a possible RE0 beta surfacing. All that is gone now. It's sad to see lost betas remain lost.

THIA has it's moments, many of them, but I like the community. I am Zombie_X from there and have been an active member since 2007... man that's 6 years ago! While it can be a big old shitstorm, there are good members: News Bot, Carnivol, Borman, Mark grass, and so on. It's just the list dwindles.

11. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

The issue is that other Resident Evil forums have been dropping like flies, while THIA does remain active. Its tough to find a balance of squashing opinions, despite how crazy some of them are, without feeling like we are going to cause people to leave. Although at this point, what is left that isn't covered in ads and completely strange?

12. 90s Gamer

90s Gamer Guest

An image I found from IGAS...
    [​IMG]
    Looks really good!

Here's a reference from the photographed "60-80%" build:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. djelaba

djelaba Benzin !, Site Supporter 2013

"60/80%" and they didn't fix the priority problem ? (the characters are walking on the table o_O)

14. EETFUK

EETFUK EETFUK

Seems like capcom had some problems to fix it back in the day :D

15. Mystical

Mystical Resolute Member

maybe it was something they knew how to fix and just hadnt bothered doing it at the time as they were working on other things?
    either that or its not as advanced as we thought

16. Xeauron

Xeauron Intrepid Member

I think that has something to do with having 2 departments (artists / programmers) working completely separately, which I how most companies operated back then. Not sure about now...

17. shane7951

shane7951 Spirited Member

I just started playing the Vanilla build so I haven't explored as much as most but I was curious about the story line.

What all is known and also what items (keys, puzzle pieces, etc) are known about the original concept?

Does anyone know how IGAS plan to go about that?

18. Fandangos

Fandangos <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

The gorillas seems to be red in the original vs the brown gorilla on the IGAS build.

19. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

A certain amount of coloring is due to taking a picture of the TV with a poor camera.

20. 90s Gamer

90s Gamer Guest

The room was probably "new" by then. And they didn't add "geometry/room properties" (known as RDT) to "the table" (which is just a render by then). This is not the bug called "Air Jesus"...