Indiana Jones & the Infernal Machine - PAL version leaked!

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Conker2012, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Conker2012

Conker2012 Intrepid Member

[I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, so mods, please feel free to move it to a more suitable forum, and sorry if it is wrongly placed]

As you might be aware, the NTSC N64 game Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine was never released in PAL format, so most European and British gamers never got to play it, which was a shame as (a) it's the only Tomb Raider style game for the N64, and (b) it's supposed to be rather good (aside from some bugs, so be sure to save often!).

According to Wikipedia "The [NTSC version] was only released in North America and was exclusive to the Blockbuster chain of stores and the LucasArts Company Store. Electronic Arts planned to release [a PAL version] in Europe, but the title then saw a change of publisher to THQ. Originally scheduled for March 2001, the PAL version became subject to continuous monthly delays and was eventually canceled in September" (Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones_and_the_Infernal_Machine).

Fortunately, however, the job of converting the NTSC version to PAL was completed, though of course it was never released. But recently a copy was sold on ebay, to a collector who was kind enough to allow it to be dumped, and now it's available for download! So if you want it, go to;

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1761.msg17556#msg17556

Of course, you'll either have to play it on an N64 using a backup device (I recommend the Everdrive 64), or via emulation. I don't know if any of the NTSC bugs were fixed (or if any new bugs were introduced!) in the PAL version, so if you find any differences between the NTSC and PAL version, then please post about it here.

2. kennypecheur

kennypecheur Site Supporter 2016

Nice to hear that ! And thanks to the Team Carrot and to the buyer !

Now that I know that the ebay buyer have received his copy, I am allowed to tell you that the seller had a second copy. He offered me a second chance on ebay, and I took it. So, I have received my copy too. So at least, there are 2 copies of this cartridge, which was a submission cartridge. I am going to receive a Z64 unit by DHL. As soon as I get it, I will also dump the game, even if it has been done before (We can check if there are differences between the two builts but I don't think so). I was planning to do that for the community because thanks to the community, we still discover great unfinished/pre-released games.

Here is a photo of the beast. I took other pictures of the cartridge (the PCB inside) and I will post them on this thread (if it is the correct place).

IMG00835-20140530-1105.jpg

N.B. Sorry for my bad English.

Regards,

Kennypecheur

3. gladiator5

gladiator5 Robust Member

Thanks man

4. RichardX

RichardX Peppy Member

Thanks!

5. Conker2012

Conker2012 Intrepid Member

Yes, please dump the rom and post the URL here, as there might be differences between your version and the version dumped/found by Team Carrot. Please keep us updated on your progress.

6. SubDrag

SubDrag Rapidly Rising Member

Thanks Kenny, that's great!!!! It will be really interesting if they are subtly different. The sound bank of the PAL one appears to be identical, although I wouldn't have expected it to be different unless they added more languages to voice.

7. Goemon

Goemon AG Member since 2005!

Kennypecheu, you can not dump a N64 Flashboard with a Z64. What you get out of this is just some sort of 32Mbit Dummy File.
    You need a v64jr or a Game Shark. Maybe other ppl know more.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  8. Blai

Blai Enthusiastic Member

Thanks in advance!

9. Gamemaster14XIV

Gamemaster14XIV The Master of All Games

Can you dump a flashboard in a regular Dr. v64?

10. Goemon

I dont know, i never had a Dr. V64. I always used the Dr. V64 jr 512.

11. kennypecheur

Hi guys,

Goemon, thanks for the information. So my Z64 will be useful ? Then I will try with a gameshark and keep you updated.

About the submission cartridge, there are at least 3 of them (Two sold and one kept by the seller for his own collection).

12. Goemon

No, the Z64 wont be usefull for that task but a Gameshark 3.2 is supposed to be working.

13. kennypecheur

Ok, thanks Goemon. I will try with the Gameshark.

Keep in touch.

14. Bobo Mcloud

Bobo Mcloud Robust Member

hi kennypeuchar,
    i bough the ebay copy, still haven't received it though, having problems with postage :( inbox me if you'd like to chat about the game :)

15. Bobo Mcloud

Screenshot_2014-06-13-14-54-37[1].png
    not sure if this worked, anyway, received the game yesterday and loving it :)

16. corrigo

corrigo Active Member

By the way, given that it's the PAL version of the game, is it english only ?
    Or at least, are there french or german subtitles for instance ?

17. kennypecheur

Hi guys,

On mine, there is only English (I am not sure, I only played it 5 minutes before my company send me abroad). I will tell you this as soon as I can have my hands on it again.

Bobo Mcloud, Nice picture, I will answer you mp now (sorry I wasn't able to access internet).

18. Bobo Mcloud

no other languages in it, ive played it for a few hours and it still seems buggy, probably the same as the release version.