How to import the translated PC version of Grandia 2 into the Dreamcast version?

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by fafadou, Nov 20, 2017.

1. fafadou

fafadou Enthusiastic Member

thanks !
    I'll try it :)

2. fafadou

I try to bother you as less as possible dear @yzb37859365 , but when I find an issue two others problems come just after...

I can change the highlighted area in the config menu :) :
    [​IMG]
    but I fail to find how changing all the others like in the statut menu for example or the yes/no you have in field.bin and the GR2TITLE.BIN in the statut menu for example :
    [​IMG]
    because it's not the same way for changing the highlighted area than the config menu I try to replace all the 02 00 00 00 by 03 00 00 00 int the GR2TITLE?BIN file for changing the No to Non (in french) highlighted area from 2 to 3 letters :
    [​IMG]
    I just the find the area of the size of letters and nothing for changing the highlighted area...

Same thing in the afs store I didn't find how may I change the length of the stuff you can sell in the sell categories menu when you are in a store... I explain it just before.

Last thing do you know where is the second font using by the BIN files ? this is not the same than the afs files... I can't add the french letters in the menus....
    It's look it's a Shift-JIS code ( a variant of ascii) the game accept only the letters under 80 hex in the menu...

Thanks again for all your help a new time, be sure I'm doing my best for understand alone and do it by myself.

3. yzb37859365

yzb37859365 Spirited Member

This need to modify a lot of places, sorry I do not have time one for you to find, you can look for DC ASM friends to look at, the program entrance in the FIELD.BIN file address 0x29c30, you only need to find the R4 R5 of the program before jumping to the value of the R4 R5 value (modify the value of R4 R5).

fafadou likes this.
  4. fafadou

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I check this.

5. pitito

pitito Rising Member

Hello fafadou, I've been reviewing your problem all afternoon, and I could not find anything.
    I have only found how to edit the text size of some menus and little else.

It must be in a different way than the one explained by YZB in the corrected menu.
    I have reviewed 09000000, 06000000, and 02000000 hex bytes without results, I have also randomly revised bytes near the corrected menu and also without results.

I'm sorry I can not help you

fafadou likes this.
  6. fafadou

Oh, many thanks for looking for an issue :)
    I hope I'll be able to help you in the future.

7. fafadou

We have found how to change the highlited and some frames I'll post some screen capture soon :)

zouzzz, corrigo and fry76 like this.
  8. fafadou

truemaster1 likes this.
  9. corrigo

corrigo Active Member

Good job ! (Et bravo!)