How to burn Super CD ISO on macbook?

Discussion in 'PC Engine / Turbografx Discussion' started by Jeppex83, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Jeppex83

Jeppex83 Rapidly Rising Member

Hello!

I was wondering if there is any mac users who know how to burn Super CD image on mac, that I can play them with my PC ENGINE DUO RX? I have good Verbatim CD's, but everytime I try to burn CD it Fails.
    I have tried Toast, Burn, Simplyburns and LiquidCD, but don't work...

The images are commonly ISO/cue and only LiquidCD and Simplyburns can open that... But when I burn them I get "LOAD ERROR!"
    And best that I have got is when I burn BIN/CUE image with Toast, I got "KONAMI logo" on screen and then it hangs.

CD's are great, Image files are Great, and the Turbo Duo should be great, its from japanese famous guy.. But I think it is just impossible to burn PC Engine images with macbook. I have wasted now about 25 blank CD's and I am still at starting point..

If there is some mac users who know solution, you will make me happy.

2. synrgy87

synrgy87 Well Known Member

im not a mac user sorry. i use linux but from within linux i use ImgBurn which is a windows program to burn backups with, works for Dreamcast .cdi images very well so might work for your super cd images but i dont know if you can run windows applications from mac os or even if this program will work for you. worth a try if you have access to a linux or windows install.

3. Jeppex83

Maybe I have to get some PC to my hands then.. Its odd that I cant burn Super CD images or Saturn images on my mac. But Sega CD's works well though.. Maybe they have some copyprotection or different layout or something...

4. takeshi385

takeshi385 Mojarra Frita Bandit

The image sounds corrupt. Try to find another upload. Btw if it is an iso and doesn't work with burn the its is corrupt. Burn is the best basic burning software.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  5. Jeppex83

It can't be... I have checked the file multiple times and it is said that others can play it on real hardware.

I just found http://www.vnotesonline.com/vnotes-how-to-burn-a-pce-cd-rom

"Toast: I imagine, just as with Nero, you would simply open the CUE file. Let me know. :) This seems to not work. I haven’t created a playable disc from a Mac. Also, mounting a disk image on Mac to play on Magic Engine seems to not work. It seems that you must use a physical CD-ROM on Mac. So, if you want to play CD games on your Mac, burn them with a PC."

And there is said that PC engine uses 650Mb CD's... The Verbatims is used was 700Mb.... but I don't know...

6. AltRN8

AltRN8 Spirited Member

I'm not sure if this will help but when I've needed to burn bin/cue combos on macs I've used bchunk to convert them to straight iso images.

If you want to try it download macports from macports.org and install it.
    Then from terminal do the following:

sudo port install bchunk

Then after install:

bchunk image.bin image.cue outputimage

Try burning that and seeing if it helps.

7. takeshi385

I believe liquid cd will load .cue files. If you can load the .cue file your dilemma will be fixed.

8. Jeppex83

LiquidCD can read cue files and it finds all tracks, but when I tried to burn it fails.
    I tried a program AnyToIso to make ISO file of BIN/CUE, but it fails too. Maybe because there is many music tracks and TWO data packets.

I downloaded "Virtual CD-RW" it is a virtual drive for Mac os. Then I downloaded "Magic Engine" it is a PC Engine emulator for Mac. Everything works perfectly when I mount image with Virtual CD-RW and play with Magic Engine. So there is no problem on the image. And there is talk on the forum that it should work on real console too.

Then I was a little panic that maybe the problem is in my console but Thank GOD when I tried the CD-R what I burned on the Magic Engine it hangs on the same place (Just after the Konami logo). So I think the console is in a good shape too.

So there is still a something wrong on my Mac's CD DRIVE, or in the all burning softwares or the CD-r itself. But CD's are Verbatim and it should be a good factory.

This is very odd..
    I am out of CD-r now. Maybe order more verbatims and try Taiyo Yuden....

9. takeshi385

AnyToIso doesn't work on anything its not just that file.

Check if you have the right system card in the system. Because the game might require a arcade card.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  10. Jeppex83

Just checked and the game requires System card 3.0 so it should work on PC Engine DUO.. But when I tried 1:1 burn, I think that should work, but maybe the burner dont do all right

11. Jeppex83

Is this the problem?
    When Try to burn with Toast it says:

"The currently selected recorder does not support the setting of the "Digital Copy Prohibited" flag. Default values will be used.

shitty recorder... maybe there is no fix for this

12. takeshi385

I don't know what to tell you hoss. It could be the discs your using. You might just need to find another upload.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012