How many copies of this exist?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Pinta77, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

2. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

its hard to tell, lImited run games is a Shady ass company and They have been proven to be their own scalpers at times.

tichua likes this.
  3. tichua

tichua Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

agreed with the comment above. There is no set number of copies that they make for each game as they reprint their releases many times even though they keep saying they only print it one. I know because I saw their orders got sent to Sony DADC all the times.

4. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

Ok, thanks for the info. I was really just interested in this one particular game so I’ll do my research before I buy anything limited run again.

5. Arcadia

Arcadia Robust Member

That doesn't mean they're worthless, you possibly made a good deal.

6. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

Yeah definitely. Regardless, it’s probably somewhat rare, so I think $70 wasn’t a bad deal at all. Especially because I actually want to play through it.

I was just curious how many they printed but now I have an idea of what’s going on... This was my first Linited Run game. I’ve never ordered anything from them, although my friend is talking about LRG all the time

7. tichua

tichua Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

If the game makes you happy, then that's all you need to worry about. Don't worry about the number of copies. They still have their first releases from 3 years ago such as Saturday Morning RPG or Breach and Clear reprint for sale at their booth at game conventions.

8. Ergot_Cholera

Ergot_Cholera Flaccid Member

I bought a copy of Abe's Oddysee for PSVITA from Limited Run for around £30 inc shipping, played it a couple of times then sold it on ebay about 6 months later for over £90.
    I don't know whether I will receive a response to this, but I thought I would share my one and only experience of Limited Run Games.

Pinta77 likes this.
  9. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

I would just like to know for the sake of knowing, if possible. If it hasn’t been made public, then I don’t really care that much, because I was going to buy it anyway. Just curious.

Also, that’s weird that they’re still selling it at the booths. So I looked into it a bit today, and I guess they hold onto a certain amount Incase orders need to be replaced or something, but you’d think that supply would dry up pretty quick, especially from their first release. I haven’t seen any sources saying they’re reprinting games or being dishonest, so if any one has any sources or info please share.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  10. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

I’ll respond. Why did you buy and sell? You bought it and changed your mind, or were you planning to resell?

11. Ergot_Cholera

Ergot_Cholera Flaccid Member

I bought it to play, but then found that I didn't play it, so I decided to sell.
    I listed it as an auction, and it sold for considerably more than I thought it would.

12. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

Glad that worked out for you! Yeah it’s crazy how expensive some of these games get

13. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

They say Nintendo only takes order with multiples of 1000.
    I don't remember anything more specific than that.

Edit: talking to another person that also buys LRG games, from what he can recall Night Trap sold around 11000 units on the Switch and was LRG's best selling Switch game yet.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 11:58 AM