How i fixed my ftp issue!

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by elzincho, Jan 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. elzincho

elzincho Member

Posting because i haven't seen this fix anywhere online. tldr at the bottom

I had 100% thought that the issue was my router blocking ftp ( partly because shaw customer service told me that there routers dont support that )

my xbox is a 1.0 tsop with an 80gb seagate barracuda, i had it setup as only f drive because its less that 130gb, when ftping as soon as i got roughly half way through a game transfer it would crash and my laptop would say " too many users" file zilla was set to 1 connection and the xbox was set to accept up to 10. when the transfers were failing the xbox would say 4 or 5 users. i only figured this out when trying to rip a game to my hard drive at 2gb it failed. so i figured it was a dead hard-drive ( seagate isnt the most reliable brand ) i figured one last shot i would reformat it, this time i went 50 50 f drive g drive setup, and that fixed every issue on my xbox, ftp works perfectly, ripping games goes off without a hitch. hope this helps someone

tldr, if ftp isnt working and you only have it set to f drive try reformatting to f and g

2. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

More like just reformat it cause its messed up for some reason, It having another partition doesn't really change anything.
    Also Seagate is fine, it was like a decade ago that a few shit drives where out yet people still haven't got over it.

3. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Recent seagates (about a year or 2) were also high failure rate.

We have had a bunch fail on machines we shipped to customers a couple of years ago. If you check blaze backs failure rates from a couple of years ago you will see the same.

4. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

Guess this is a "works on my machine" situation cause i have never in the many seagate drives i have had ever had a faulty one.
    meh.

5. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Fiery Member

I don't think that it's necessarily because of the drive letter change that it now works. Probably a configuration error to begin with. But hey, I'm glad you got it working. Try C-Xbox Tool as well.

elzincho likes this.
  6. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Yeah, don't get me wrong - we have more without issues than with. Just higher than usual failure rate on models a few years ago. Worth checking the blaze back report yearly

7. elzincho

elzincho Member

i formatted it to just f 2 or three times and ftp wasnt working. maybe its an issue with my version of hexen