How do you Fix the FOLDER problem?

Discussion in 'Everdrive Master System - Master Everdrive' started by dogeymon, Jan 9, 2012.

1. dogeymon

dogeymon Active Member

So my Master System ever drive comes in the mail. Awesome. And I Immediately take it out of the wrapping and take out the SD card, stick it in my Macbook, and start putting the game folders on it.

Does anyone have this problem with these things? You put the root folder (Sega Master Games) in the root directory and within that, I have my usual "A-B" "C-D" "E-F", etc. folders. And it all looks great. Except, once I get the Everdrive turned on in my Genesis model 1 (with Master System adapter), I see every folder on screen except the "A-B" folder with all the games starting with A and B. I do everything I possibly can. I even stick the A-B folder in the C-D folder to cheat that way. You can't even see it in THAT folder.

Does anyone know why my A-B games folder cannot be seen on the TV?? Because this is so far the only problem. How am I suppose to play Blade Eagle 3D??

2. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

i guess sd card refomat may help. better if all will be done on windows machine, but mac also ok.

3. dogeymon

dogeymon Active Member

Thanks I was trying to figure out what I did last time to fix the problem. A format might work

4. dogeymon

dogeymon Active Member

not working

Ok, I figured it out. The only option on Mac's disk utility was "MS-DOS FAT" which made it a FAT32 format. I used my roommate's laptop PC and that had a FAT32 option, as well as FAT(default). I used the default one, and now I am having no problem. Thanks. Should have used PC in the first place.

By the way, why do these EVERDRIVE's SD cards always come with Nintendo DS Store files on them?? It's weird.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  5. Dandy_Sephy

Dandy_Sephy Active Member

Those are Mac generated files which are used by the OS, but they are hidden on OSX. It's only on non mac systems that they will show up.

6. lnx64

lnx64 Robust Member

To prevent these files, type this in terminal.

dot_clean /Volumes/"Volume name"

obviously replacing volume name with the name of the disk. This will remove the extra files. All they are are just settings for Finder to know how to display icons, folder view settings, etc...

7. StoneAgeGamer

StoneAgeGamer Intrepid Member

Lol what? These are brand new SD cards.

8. lnx64

lnx64 Robust Member

Yea, it's being put in there by his Mac, not the Everdrive.

9. goldenband

goldenband Spirited Member

Was this added in Leopard? It's not present in Tiger (yes, I'm still running Tiger).

10. lnx64

lnx64 Robust Member

Yes, it's a Leopard feature.

What kind of Mac are you on? The newer OS X's are super cheap at only $29..

If you have an Intel Mac with at least 1GB RAM, at least get Snow Leopard, while it's still available from Apple. (But you'll need to make sure you update your iLife also).

11. goldenband

I have a PowerBook G4/1.67GHz. I have Leopard on a partition, but normally run Tiger since it's a good bit faster and Leopard isn't really meant for PPC machines.

I've thought about upgrading to an Intel machine, but I'd need to repurchase several pieces of software (mainly music stuff). And honestly, there isn't much of anything I need to do that I can't do just fine with my current computer! Not sure how long I'll hold out, but I'm in no rush to upgrade.

12. lnx64

lnx64 Robust Member

I can name a few limitations with PPC that you can do on Intel, but if your happy with it, it's up to you.

But, I for example, may be a fanboy (since I work with Macs all day long for tech support), but Tiger is antiquated. For example, it can't run the latest iTunes, can support the latest iOS devices on iOS 5, and being PPC G4, can't address more than 4GB RAM, etc..

13. goldenband

I don't have any iOS devices, so that's out. I've been disappointed every time I update iTunes, which seems less and less able to handle large libraries (30,000+ songs). If they've changed the database backend so that it's not writing and rewriting a 40MB database file every time you make a change, that'd be a plus.

But mainly I use my computer to write music, do things on the Internet, and occasional emulation. And I'm not really interested in recent gaming, including Mac gaming. So really, the PowerBook G4 is doing fine by me (and I also have a G5 tower if I need it). Being able to access more than 4GB would be nice for using large sample libraries someday, though.