HI, Help connecting old PC CRT monitor to retro consoles and lightguns

Discussion in 'Computer Gaming Forum' started by BimboBoop, Sep 18, 2017.

1. BimboBoop

BimboBoop Rapidly Rising Member

HI. I now this is a PC fourm, but let me explain why i haved to post it here. MY intention is connect all those old lightguns games from NES to the Original XBOX to an old CRT 23 inches PC Monitor from my PENTIUM 4 PC with WIndows XP. I know a CRT TV is the solution. I also have one. But I want to found a way to connect the retro consoles to the monitor for other reasons, thats my goal whit this post.
    SO as far I could read around, the PC CRT Monitors works most of the time in PROGRESSIVE since is VGA. But I also readed that is possible to make them work on INTERLACED with a proper Video Card, of course I am talking here about an old PC like a Pentium 4.
    Aparently most of the lightguns just works one CRT screens when they output Interlaced. The only Lightguns I am able to connect to the monitor by now, are the SEGA DREAMCAST ones. I suposse it must be since this console is capable to output VGA signal nativaly already in progressive. and of course the games/software is compatible with it.
    Thats why I need to figure how to connect my Interlaced Lightgun games from all the other consoles (PS2, XBOX, SNES, NES, 3DO, PS1, MASTER SYSTEM and SEGA SATURN) to the CRT Tv. I can connect them with any of these kind of cables: COMPOSITE, COMPONENT, S-VIDEO and RGB SCART. Tha Guncom Lightguns in PS1 and PS2 will need a Composite connection to Syncrhonize with the Tv , even if you are using another cable for better image quality at the same time, like S_Video or Component)
    BTW, I am not Into emulators. Thats not my goal. I will need to connect the original consoles. Mostly the XBOX and PS2 for the 4 games I am most Interesed. TIme Crisis 2 and Time Crisis 3 and Police 24/7 on PS2 and SIlent Scope Complete in XBOX. Each of those 4 games have some needs that makes me search for using my PC CRT, as a second gaming screen , even if I already have the CRT TV in the same room.
    SO PLEASE. anyone around here with good skills and knowledge in old PC configurations, and hardware that can help to figure how to solve this? I am not a PC wise man, so please any help will be apreciate it. Please be sure to read all my explanation. Best Vibes!

2. MonkeyBoyJoey

MonkeyBoyJoey 70's Robot Anime GEPPY-X (PS1) Fanatic

This is false, the GunCon light guns work fine with the Y Signal in YPbPr component (the green plug). It also works with the Luma (Y) signal in Y/C S-Video and that's how I use it with my Sony PVM-14N6U CRT. The only thing these guns need is a sync signal, which can be obtained from Composite Video, S-Video (requires an RCA breakout for S-Video), and Component Video. RGB SCART works but you'll need a cable that has the breakout for the GunCon.

The GunCon2 also supports Progressive Scan and sync can be obtained from the Y signal (green plug) in YPbPr Component and the Green Signal when using RGB (the PS2 uses Sync on Green when 480p mode is enabled while using RGB). I personally haven't been able to get 480p working in the GunCon2 games that support 480p however, even when selecting Progressive Scan with the GunCon2.

Also, most PC CRTs do not support anything lower than 640x480p. You can get upscalers that support 240p/480i to 480p VGA output but it breaks light gun compatibility and the ones I've seen treat 240p as 480i, causing all sorts of junk. Those video cards you read about are meant for connecting PCs to things like an RGB monitor (arcade CRTs, PVMs, BVMs, etc.) and a TV with a RGB connection that supports 240p/480i. Those cards won't help you with connecting older consoles to these kinds of monitors.

In addition, out of the consoles you mentioned, only the Saturn, Xbox, PS1, PS2, and 3DO support interlaced 480i (576i for PAL units unless 480i is offered and chosen in the game's settings). The NES and SNES are progressive scan 240p (288p for PAL units). The Saturn and PS1 use 240p/288p for the most part. Some games support 480i/576i for menus but use 240p/288p for actual gameplay. Very rarely do games on those two consoles support 480i/576i for actual gameplay.

Personally, I recommend a professional-end Sony PVM or BVM CRT with a RGB connection for older consoles and light guns. They will give you the best picture out of all of the CRTs out there. Some of them even support 480p if you want to use that for compatible games on the Xbox and PS2. The ones that support 480p also support Sync on Green so you can use RGB for the PS2 and not have to swap cables or change the PS2 to YPbPr component. Either way, a PVM can be pricey for anything bigger than 9 inches and the BVMs cost even more than that!

Hope that info helps! If any of the folks on here that are much more knowledgeable than myself spot any misinformation in my post, feel free to politely correct me and I'll edit this post accordingly.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  3. rso

rso °

> I know a CRT TV is the solution
    this. and while it's a good start, don't for get about the refresh rate - for example, my 100hz (i'm guessing that'd be 120hz in murrica?) tv just isn't compatible.

4. Sp33dFr34k

Sp33dFr34k Spirited Member

But as @MonkeyBoyJoey also stated, if your CRT monitor does not accept 240P then that one isn't compatible either. What's the brand and type of the monitor you have?

5. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

You can't do it. PC monitors don't run at 15 kHz. There are interlacing issues. The frequency is likely to be wrong.

Get a broadcast monitor, Amiga monitor or an old TV cheap. A 100 Hz television will only work with 100 Hz lightguns, so no NES etc.

6. Durandal

Durandal Spirited Member

Some can do it, like the Mitsubishi EUM-1481A Multisync monitor. So can the Sega TeraDrive's monitor, has 15khz and 31khz modes, and I believe the Sharp X68000 monitors can too.

7. BimboBoop

Thanks for your recommendation. But let me ask you this. WIch GUncom 2 games you mentioned work on progressive scan?. SInce I wasnt able to found any of them until now. About the sync whit the green plug I already knew that, I owned two Guncom 2 lightguns, a generic one, and the original one, And believe it or not, this last one got broken cause I used the green plug to play with it, so I am not doing that anymore. You know if you read carefully I Never Stated the GUncom Games doesnt work with Component. As I wrotte, the Guncom 2 lightguns and many others, like the XBOX ones (Madcatz lightgun and SIlent Scope Rfile) doesnt worked with progressive. MonkeyBoyJoey , The only ones that work in progressive are the Dreamcast ones trough VGA. By example Even when I am in the calibrating screen of House of the Dead 3 in the XBOX a message that alert me I am using progressive appears . I tried that connecting my XBox with a KWORLD 1680ex converter to VGA . The guns are actually detected, just cant work properly, the SIght moves like crazy around all the screen. And WIth Time crisis 2 in PS2 the same happens. SO please can you LIST THOSE PS2 Lightgun games with Progressive Support? I even was reading manuals, backcover cases, and PS2 progressive scan lists of games and I couldnt find one meant for lightguns.

As I mentioned I am not looking for some alternatives to my direct question. PVM screens are really small to my tastes, I know they will output the best quality, but with those small sizes it doesnt matter at all, everything will look decent. Thats why I am looking for a better solution. In any case my CRT TV is a Philips 32 inches widescreen that can be used as 4:3 aspect ratio too, so I am covered there. I need to find a way to use my 23 CRT Monitor screen since is at the same room than my 32 inches CRT TV In order to play Guncom 2 linked games.

BTW I will try The SNES and NES , Genesis and Sega Cd games, I forgotted about 240p so if everything goes nice, the convertion could work, I hope. Analogic progressive signal in S-Video to VGA Analogic progressive signal. It means there isn t any delay on the convertion Isn it? I will try that. I hope the device it will support 240p aspect ratio. I cant see why it will not support it. Thanks for the tips dude :)

STill looking a way to connect the PS2 and XBOX to the VGA screen, cause the games I am most interesed are there, someone there must know about it. Help please.

New Info added: I just reviewed the complete list of PS2 LIGHTGUN GAMES in NTSC-U, PAL and NTSC-J. It seems the only Progressive Scan game compatible is VAMPIRE NIGHT NTSC-U. But I just own the game in PAL, so I will download the NTSC-U version and try it. Hope it works. But sadly I still cant found a solution for the 3 games I am most interesed: At my PS2: TIME CRISIS 2 , TIME CRISIS 3, POLICE 24/7 and SILENT SCOPE COMPLETE in XBOX

Thanksa lot for the info! I will look for those models, But I really doubt I would be able to found them on my country, so I will still look to found another solution.

Thanks for the info !! I will check about it!

New Info added: the back of the monitor says is 50hz - 60 hz compatible. Thats exactly like PAL and NTSC signals isn it?

Re Edit: I messed up there lol, the Refresh rate is
    • Horizontal Refresh Rate
      130 kHz
    • Vertical Refresh Rate
      170 Hz

Thanks for answering. Is A DELL P1130. I wished I can use it with the PS2 and XBOX at least, for the other games I already have the CRT Tv, But If I cant found a solution for the XBOX and PS2, the PC Monitor will work only with my Dreamcast. And the games I am most interesed are on those 2 consoles.

People What about if I found a way to output the Image trough VGA directly from PS2 and XBOX , I mean converting the signal to progressive scan, with GMS with the Help of FMCB? Or converting the signal to Progressive with the softmod in the xbox?

Guys thanks a lot to everybody. I Think I realized what could be happening (AT LEAST WITH THE XBOX). The Component, S-Video converter I am using outputs in resolutions that are only usual for VGA monitors. But I cant found 480p , 480i, or 720p resolutions on the list. SO the Input resolutions are TV video Standards but The signal outputed is not fitting. I am right in this? This can be the reason? 6800x600 is the smaller resolution outputted according the manual; also 1024x768 , 1280x1024 , 1440x900 , 1680x 1050. The guns can be detected and shoot , but This is what is happening.i my XBOX: My Silent Scope Rifle just shoot at the center of the screen, Meanwhile The Madcatz Lightgun shoot randomly to any part of the screen. According th HOTD 3 manual the Madcatz Lightgun and Others are just compatible in the range of 60hz and 480i. According my PC Monitor's manual teh screen is working in the range, isn it?:
    Resolution Horizontal scan range 30 kHz to 130 kHz (automatic)
    Vertical scan range 48 Hz to 170 Hz (automatic)
    Optimal preset resolution 1280 x 1024 at 85 Hz
    Highest preset resolution 1600 x 1200 at 85 Hz
    Highest addressable resolution* 2048 x 1536 at 80 Hz
    Video input signals analog, 0.7 Vpp, positive at 75 ohm
    Synchronization input signals separate horizontal and vertical;
    and composite TTL level, positive or
    negative Sync on Green at 0.3 Vp-p

So is matter of resolution outputted on my converter device? Is about The Resolutions on the VGA monitor? or Maybe is about the kind of synchro? Please soemone with enough skills and knowledge?

Anyone owns a COMPONENT to VGA adapter that can do the trick properly?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2017
  8. MonkeyBoyJoey

Time Crisis 2, Time Crisis 3, and Vampire Night support 480p in the NTSC versions, no idea about the PAL version. The list on wikipedia is incomplete if you got your info from there. The manuals to those games mention 480p support but I haven't been able to get it working, even after setting the GunCon2 to Progressive Scan mode.

You said "Tha Guncom Lightguns in PS1 and PS2 will need a Composite connection to Syncrhonize with the Tv , even if you are using another cable for better image quality at the same time, like S_Video or Component)". I was talking about the GunCon itself and the fact that it doesn't need composite video to work correctly. They have sync strippers built-in iirc so you don't even need to have composite video connected. One more thing about the GunCon2: it has a 100Hz mode for 100Hz HD CRTs but I forgot how to enable it. Progressive Scan is enabled by pointing the gun down off screen, hold the trigger, then press SELECT while holding the Trigger and the text "Progressive scan" appears in the bottom right corner. You may have to press the trigger once.

As for the PVMs and BVMs, they range in size from 8 inches to 32 inches. Mine is 14 inches, which is perfect for my setup and fits on my desk nicely. Eventually I do plan on upgrading to one of the large BVMs that support up to 1080i. Unlike consumer grade HD CRTs, the HD BVMs display 240p as-is so light guns work fine on them. Here is a list of CRTs great for gaming (just keep in mind that it isn't complete)https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/wiki/speclist

Your CRT supports Sync on Green so you can easily connect the PS2 and get 480p on compatible games or by forcing VGA 640x480p @ 60Hz using GS Mode Selector. Iirc the Original Xbox requires modification to do RGBHV VGA. You then need to make a custom cable.

If you mean using S-Video to VGA adapters for that monitor, there's two issues: 1. It's not RGB so the quality is not as good and you'll lose 480p support on the Xbox and PS2; 2. Iirc they treat 240p as 480i so you'll get lag and the games won't display correctly.

As for HOTD3, if it says it only works at 480i 60Hz, that's outside the range of your monitor. If your monitor can do 30KHz, it supports 640x480p as that signal is 31KHz.

I once tried to do the same thing and get older systems working on a PC CRT but I gave up and traded some old PC parts for a PVM and I haven't regretted it. I keep the PC CRT for 480p stuff and that's about it. It's a NEC MultiSync A700. It'll display 240p and interlaced resolutions but.... you get this mess. That's a solid image by the way. Quite honestly, you'll end up saving a lot of money in the long run. I've spent close to USD $200 trying to get RGB quality. I could've saved a lot of that money if I got a PVM earlier on.

What you need if you really want to keep trying to use that PC CRT is to make that light gun to HDTV conversion kit that was developed recently. It basically converts your light gun into a bluetooth light gun and still works with the original hardware. It's not a modification either so you can remove it anytime. You'll also need a Micomsoft XRGB-3 unit which costs a lot more than a 20 inch PVM. There are cheap RGB/Component to VGA boards for arcade cabinets but keep in mind that they need modding to be really good and 240p is handled as 480i iirc.

Hopefully everything I posted here is correct. If not, could more knowledgeable people please politely correct me?

9. BimboBoop

Awesome info MonkeyBoyJoey Thanks again!! Please let me understand this better. I posted My PC monitors specifications and you mentioned it supports 30khz, ence 640x480p. SO this means the Resolution Horzontal Scan Range is the one that counts? What about the vertical value?
    Also, My COmponent to VGA converter (the name is KWORLD 1680ex) support also S-Video and Composite, even RF , to VGA. They all look like shit actually xD but I was trying COmponent since I know it will look better. SADLY I tried forcing the games to 480p with GMS but I ended with just beautiful blue screens . Is true I was using PAL games (My Time Crisis 2 and 3 copies are PAL) but I have US games too and Is still not working. MY PS2 also is using a chip, and is setted at color (it means it respect the pal format , but with colors) I toughed Thats was the reason why is not a problem from my PC Monitor's compatibility supporting 480p; Is the converter, it recieves the 480p, 4801, etc signals , and outputed them to old PC resolutions: 800x600, 1024x768 , 1280x1024 , 1440x900 , 1680x 1050. Becuase the guns are shootting but they are not working properly. I alredy gived up on connecting the old 240p videoconsoles. But I would still love o be able to play XBOX and PS2, so Dont you think it can be solved If I am able to found the proper converter? I mean a device that can convert the COmponent signals from XBOX and PS2 and output them properly to 480p and 480i , Knowing my PC monitor can support Sync on Green. that would be enough?

10. MonkeyBoyJoey

Yeah in this case, the horizontal refresh rate matters. Since VGA 480p is 31kHz and the lowest your monitor supports is 30kHz, 480p will work. The vertical refresh rate matters and while I'm positive your monitor supports 60Hz, I'm not sure about 50Hz. You'll have to try forcing HDTV mode 576p @ 50Hz using your PS2 to see if it is supported. Speaking of which....

For the PS2, just use RGB and Sync on Green. PAL and NTSC do not matter when using RGB since RGB is neither PAL nor NTSC. The refresh rates and resolutions can be the same but RGB will always be in color, even if your PS2 is PAL and is forcing a 60Hz signal that isn't PAL60. When forcing video modes in GSM, choose either HDTV 480p mode or VGA mode 640x480p @ 60Hz. If you chose HDTV 480p, be sure RGB is selected in the system menu and not YP/CbP/Cr. VGA 640x480p mode will force Sync on Green regardless of that setting.

As for the original Xbox, it can be modded for RGB Sync on Green and RGBHV output. If you or someone you know is good at modding consoles and making audio/video cables, I say give it a shot. Here's a link a friend sent me on the mod if you want it. I haven't tried it so I cannot vouch for it. The light guns won't work if they don't support 480p so you'll need to stick with a CRT with YPbPr component and component cables for those.

Hope all of this info helped. Once again, can the more knowledgeable people politely correct me if any of my info is incorrect?

11. BimboBoop

Thanks a lot MonkeyBoyJoey!!! Well , please let me resume, If I understand well In PS2 I can Try: Either GSM with the Component cable, but the setting on the PS2 main menu should be RGB, isn it? ALso I can buy a generic VGA cable for PS2 and try to Force it with GSM in VGA mode, no changes at the main menu needed. BTW My PS2 is NTSC , but my games Time Crisis 2 an Time Crisis 3 and Police 24/7 are PAL, therefore I still can try with them ? Or Everything you stated must be with the NTSC versions? My Second last question with PS2, and wich mode should be selected in my Matrix Menu?, cause I saw there is a VGA mode too cause I understand it doesnt matter at all If I leave the game in Pal or NTSC if I am using RGB, I suposse just the videos will lost synchro isn it?

ABout XBox, since is Moded is possible to change resolutions even if the game doesnt support, But in XBox almost all games work nativally in progresive, The lightsguns seems to be another story. But as I explained the guns actually worked . Even more the Pelican Rifle one. I was able to shoot but just in a really small space near the center of the screen (In House of the Dead) . The Madcatz one seems to be less compatible, and it just shoots randomly in all the screen. I wish I could try to change the video out to RGB as you stated in PS2.

BTW I totally forgotted about 1 more option I have. I also own some SCART RGB cables for some consoles. If not I can buy the ones I am lacking, So my question is , what about converting the SCART RGB SIGNAL in VGA with an adapter that supports 640x480p output and 240i input?? I could try to found one of those. I even can buy some C-sync Scart cables at future if that will work. I also own a DVD recorder that upscale Scart RGB to HDMI and Component. I know that doesnt work for lightgun games, but It could work for other games isn it? When I will lightguns I just can change the main Scart output cable from my DVD Recorder and plug it on my SCART RGB switcher. SO any Scart game could go directly to the VGA converter. That sound like a plan?If the answer is YES! The only Lightgun consoles I will not be able to play with this are gonna be the NES, MASTER SYSTEM and 3DO.. but thats good. I actually think th CRT monitor could work better with 3D games, so as long de PS1 and Saturn can work with this, itwill be ok.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  12. retro

Uhh... what?

A 32 inch widescreen 16:9 television will give a 26 inch diagonal 4:3 picture. At best... assuming that you get edge-to-edge picture with no plastic frame in the way. You can get 25, 27, 29 or 32 inch PVMs, as MBJ said.

And it's more than likely a better screen than your domestic television. And it should do CGA resolution, which is a bit above 576i. And it will definitely do PAL and NTSC (although I guess most widescreens did). And it won't be running 100 Hz. The downside is they are generally expensive... and old workhorses, so you need to get a good example.

SCART is 15 kHz, not 31 kHz.

13. BimboBoop

Thanks for answering Retro, that means Scart will not do the work with my PC monitor isn it? Well in that case the only left is no lightgun games at the PC monitor if any of the inputs will do the work. I will just tried with the sixth generation consoles.

About the PVM there are some reasons why I am not so interesed. Actually at my country founding a PVM is pretty much impossible. Each time I founded one, the screens was 14 inches or maybe less... I just remember eveything look so tiny to be a good deal paying those prices, at least by my tastes. Secondly I already have this SONY DVD recorder, and it can convert/upscale my old consoles signals with Composite, S-Video , RF and SCart RGB to Component, S-Video, Scart RGB or HDMI (PAL, NTSC or RGB signals to whatever I want) and it look enough good for my tastes in my old widescreen CRT, so I am covered in almost all the games, but lightguns games. Still I created pretty fancy connections in my Setup so I can play retro Lightgun games in other inputs from the TV, not upscaled image of course, but is ok enough. So Thats why my only purpose is using The PC monitor CRT as a second lightgun screen. Is all I need actually , anything else will be an extra. Even more, The main lightgun games I actually wanted to play was the 4 games I already mentioned, for these different reasons as follows:

Time Crisis 2 and 3, are lightgun link cables games, so my purpose is being able to play both games for 2 player mode since the CRT Monitor and the CRT Tv are at the same room and my setup is ready to do that. As i mentioned is a pretty fancy setup. 4 different kind of TVs/screens , and all the consoles and 2 PCs, connected to the 4 of them thanks to Active and passive switchers and splitters, whitout losing quality. A Big LED 3D one, A Small LED Vertical for SHoot Em Ups. The CRT widescreen TV, The CRT Monitor and a future Proyector will be added soon as the 5th "Screen". I even have an extra screen in order to have a place to visualize my recordings if I am already using all the other screens.

SIlent Scope , I dont know if you guys know about this game, but it was actually really bad programmed. You must actually deal with bright at the TV and increase it to the top in order to play properly or the Lightgun will lose connection. Cause this, game looks withe as an albino dream (just a joke please no offense xD) , but it can be played properly configured. The Lightgun Rifle that came with it is a really good accesory, but since the game was bad programmed many people tought the rifle was a bad deal. But the true is it works perrfectly with other XBOX lightgun games. Thats why I was hoping the game work better with a PC CRT monitor. Until now, my only hope was trying to create a Trainer that can fix the sensibility at the screen if that could be possible. But I tried to begun learning, first, how to create trainers and I totally fail at the attempt xD

Police 24/7 is a PS2 game by Konami that works with movement detection from old webcam cameras or even a special one very rare to found. It also works with the old Justifier lightgun from the old PS1. In this game the camera detect your movements and you actually must dodge the shoots from the enemy. So My CRT monitor is placed at the proper height to detect my movements with the camera. But My CRT TV cant do that (matter of space)

Well I will try the tips MBJ kindly shared with me, today, at least the ones I can try by now ( I dont own PS2 and XBOX VGA cables) So guys, wish me luck ;)

UPDATE: I tried to change the main menu to RGB at the Component output Settings. Almost all the screens inmediatly losed the image, even the CRT monitor. Just the CRT Tv showed image but it looks zoommed and I was actually just able to see a half of the screen . After I acepted the change at the settings I inmedtialy losed the image at the TV CRT as in all the other monitors. So I inmediatly pressed the buttom again to change the settings back to YCb/Pb Cr/Pr because I doubt I will be able to return if I tried to move farther at the Menu.

I suposse this means my Screens, including the PC monitor or the Component to VGA adapter I am using arent compatible with RGB trough Component , Isn it?

Well if you guys confirm to me thats the case, my only hope by now it will be Buying and creating those VGA cables. :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  14. BimboBoop

Guys, since is been longer than a week since the last answer, I hope someone still can help me out there. Please Help me guys, what do you think about this idea? :

I was figuring new ways to try the RGB tips MBJ shared with me and I founded this video. This guy connects a PS1 (yes PS1) trough an easy Modded component cable, adding a Composite cable and connecting the for RCA connector to a PVM. And playing actually in RGB mode with the component cable. The most interesting part is These cables actually existed. Actually I own one manufactured by JOYTECH, is the one my PS2 always use right now, (they also develop them for the original XBOX) I doubt they create them thinking on this use, but the bottom line is they exist.

SO I was thinking guys. DO you know a way to connect the component cables + composite to VGA in order to play RGB? Some simple 5 adapters like RCA female to female BNC + a BNC male to VGA cable will do the trick, in order to play in RGB trough VGA? Please I need your wisdom in order to know if this idea will be solution. AT least for a PS2 until i figure how to pass from RGB Scart to VGA. Please take in specs my monitor can support. And take in mind the idea it will be using the RGB signal output trough Component cable, and not the just typical Y Pb Pr signal

Resolution Horizontal scan range 30 kHz to 130 kHz (automatic)
    Vertical scan range 48 Hz to 170 Hz (automatic)
    Optimal preset resolution 1280 x 1024 at 85 Hz
    Highest preset resolution 1600 x 1200 at 85 Hz
    Highest addressable resolution* 2048 x 1536 at 80 Hz
    Video input signals analog, 0.7 Vpp, positive at 75 ohm
    Synchronization input signals separate horizontal and vertical;
    and composite TTL level, positive or
    negative Sync on Green at 0.3 Vp-p

Please guys, can you share your wisdom to figure if this solution will work?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  15. retro

You have to upscale.

16. BimboBoop

Thanks man, but upscalling will not let me use my lightgun games. Thats all the main purpose here.

17. retro

Quite possible.

You can't put a 15kHz signal on a 31kHz monitor. Not gonna work. As we've told you, several times.

The answer is... give up.

18. MonkeyBoyJoey

There are PC CRT monitors that accept 15KHz and 31KHz however these are quite rare and expensive. Your only options are either a consumer grade SD CRT with Component and/or RGB SCART or a PVM/BVM that accepts both YPbPr Component and RGB for light guns. I wanted to do this at one point too but as retro is saying, I gave up because it just isn't possible.

The only way you can use these guns on that CRT is by using the HDTV Lightgun design that was done recently using a Raspberry Pi, a Wiimote strapped to the gun, a LED stuck on the muzzle of the gun, and an Ardiuno. An actual product that doesnt use the Wiimote and condenses it all is in the work however.

19. BimboBoop

Thanks, a lot again MBJ and Retro, In that case I will try to grab either the EMS TOPGUN III or the TARGET BOX. That will be the final solution. The answer is always there if you never give up ;)