hey guys Biohazard 2 beta

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by samcro, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Cyantist

Cyantist Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

Curator bought it for $300 i believe.

2. ShipDeckSurvivor

ShipDeckSurvivor Active Member

3. geluda

geluda <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Translation?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  4. browzers

browzers Spirited Member

"HOLA! I'm excited because I just purchased a possible biohazard 2 beta of the beta 1 ... (This is not the biohazard vaz prototype but intrigues me because a friend happened to me and I have xdelta file to open it to extract files or patch an iso of the biohazard 2 beta 2! (My friend has the biohazard 2 beta 1 .. . and I've been playing and I said, if you'll have to open it by your means)
    please help please open this thing keeps me awake and I'm not !!!!) Collector (those idiots who have lost echo all loss success ... and if it succeeds in opening the'll post it (here obio not because you can not post isos XD) I ask that is not deleted my post!! another collector told me that if it was because it got to the same way (xdelta patching the iso with the biohazard 2)"

You don't use google chrome or what? ha ha

5. geluda

I meant a real translation not a google translation but thanks all the same lol. :( :)

I don't really get what he's on about. It seems like he has access to beta 1 but doesn't know how to dump it, so he's asking how he can dump it and release it before he loses access to it. I don't know. :/

Why would you want to create a patch of beta 1 so you can apply it to beta 2?

Confusing...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  6. ShipDeckSurvivor

He did put the xDelta up on megaupload.

7. Subcritical-Strike

Subcritical-Strike Gutsy Member

8. ShipDeckSurvivor

Likee the fifth post down, he posts a link. Go to it and it says Resident evil 1.5 xDelta.. I ain't downloading it cause I wouldn't know what the he'll to do with it.

9. Subcritical-Strike

LMAO same here i have no clue what an xdelta file is

10. browzers

browzers Spirited Member

The file is only 40 MB..... There's no possible way it could be a full beta or even a preview build beta... 40 MB is just to small. I was reaeding some of the other posts and i guess you gotta patch a game file with this 1.5 file he had uploaded, there is a program you can download to do this. I really think this is nothing.

11. ShipDeckSurvivor

No, ok what i think an xDelta is it's a patch for the original ISO so that when developers update things, they dont have to compile a whole other 700MB file. What you do is use the xDelta to update it or downgrade it, thus this being beta 1 downgrading the beta 2 to the original iso before it was upgraded.

12. Subcritical-Strike

but again is there an app that patches the iso?

13. ShipDeckSurvivor

I'll see what i can dig up.

14. ShipDeckSurvivor

OK. Well i managed to find a program that was able to patch the original Biohazard 2 Beta 2 with the so called beta 1 xDelta file. The Biohazard 2 ISO is now 703,366KB instead of the original 762,489KB. Did i do something? I booted it up and it works fine but i doubt there is anything different, i ran to the RPD entrance and quit cause i was busy, there was nothing different besides the normal Beta 2 no trashcans and untextured cars near the bus.

15. pato

pato Resolute Member

i will try to test, and use the trial too.

16. geluda

I was going to call BS but if you have actually changed the overall file size and it still works, that's interesting to say the least. You should check it for bad sectors and compare it with the ISO you're using, remember there's about 4 different versions of beta 2 so try it with them all.

17. ShipDeckSurvivor

Use this program to patch with http://www.romhacking.net/utils/704/. And yeah im very surprised it worked after patching, i thought it would just end up corrupt but yeah, it worked.. so you can try applying the patch to the trial too? I'll get back into it in a few hours, if someone provides links to the trial versions and all that i would try patching those too if i can. Or do it yourself with the link i provided.

18. ShipDeckSurvivor

OK, soi tried patching the trial edition and i get an error so it seems that patch is supposed to work with the beta 2, interesting. How do i check for bad sectors or what not?

19. MoonDog

MoonDog Robust Member

I've patched my Bio2 Beta with the xdelta and it's file size has changed from 744 mb to 686 mb, so far no visible differences despite the significant size change... :confused:

20. ShipDeckSurvivor

How far are you into the game? Have you fooled around with the debug menu?