Help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Development' started by ROHLY20, May 27, 2012.

1. ROHLY20

ROHLY20 Member

Hello. I just got a new XDK over from Se7ensins. It is a Jasper Final Kit w/ 60Gb side car. I am interested in development but have some questions about the Devkit. I do know alot about Xboxs and know how to use a JTAG pretty well but have some questions. First, I wanted to try and port a couple of retail files to XDK signed files. Could someone help me out by directing me to the program needed. I've heard about this program: x360gamehack but not really sure where a download would be. Second, I want to update to the newest dash/flash because I am only on 13 something. I want to be on 14xxx. Could someone help me out with a link or if you can't provide a link, a bit of help on actually upgrading the dash would be nice. Last, I have heard alot about XDRPC. Not really sure what it is but if someone could inform me that would be nice. That's about it. I may have some other questions that come up. Thanks.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  2. Doom

Doom Robust Member

From what I know, you bought a Test Kit patched to be a Development Kit. Once you update the flash to a newer recovery, I believe that patching will be undone and you'll be down some deugging abilities.

For converting XEX's from retail to dev, use XexTool. It's a command line tool, so if you can't figure that out look around for a GUI wrapper as I believe they exist.

We can't link to files here, but the latest "leaked" recoveries that come to mind are 21076.6 or so, you'll have to find it on your own.

As for XDRPC, it's a DLL in the SDK. I believe some people use it for COD lobbies ;0

-Doom

3. ROHLY20

ROHLY20 Member

I thought the latest SDK was 2xxxx but the newest flash was 14xxx. Correct me if I'm wrong. Is there any way I could upgrade that I could upgrade the dash and patch it over. I do have a program that came preloaded on the HDD that says something like test to dev patcher. Would that work? Also I have XeXTool but that only patches XeXs. I need the rest of the files patched also. As for the XDRPC does it come with the SDK or is it downloadable? Thanks.

4. Doom

Doom Robust Member

21076.6 is 14699.0

You could try updating and using the patcher, but there's no guarantee that it will work on different/newer recoveries. I've never used the patcher as I don't deal much with Test Kits.

What kind of files besides an xex are you planning to patch for an XDK?

The XDRPC is a DLL installed with the newer SDKs within the win32 folder, the DLL itself might be floating around though.

-Doom

5. Nick17DaMan

Nick17DaMan Member

If your looking to patch games to dev kit, get the 360gamehack tool. Its much easier than using xextool, all you have to do is pick your settings and click patch.

6. ROHLY20

ROHLY20 Member

I did find the 21076.6 but the program is called: "XDKRecoveryXenon21076.6.exe" Does this mean it is only for Xenon's?

I could patch the whole game directory. Such as in Call Of Duty I could patch some .FFs that don't appear. Not saying that is what I am using it for, that's just an example.

I have the latest SDK so I got the XDRPC.

Thanks for the help.
    Yep just got it and will use it tomorrow. Thanks.

7. Doom

Doom Robust Member

Ah yes, 360gamehack should automatically detect and patch files that need be in a given directory.

-Doom

8. urisma

urisma <B>Site Supporter 2012</B>

You can patch a test kit into a development kit? That's awesome, as I've got a test kit I'd like to be an actual dev. Could you shed some more light on the subject?

9. itchy

itchy Guest

It's not a convetion, it's just swaped string.

You just need to modify xbdm.xex

What are you trying to do with this dll ?

You can't connect to productionnet with that file....

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
  10. ROHLY20

ROHLY20 Member

Yes I can take a picture of the file on my hardrive now. It says its a patcher that pacthes over a test kit to a dev kit. Right below that it has an arrow towards xdbm.xex. Never ran it but it was already on the console. Would that work if I upgraded to 21076.6?

What dll are you talking about?

11. itchy

itchy Guest

I don't know if it work ,but if you had a just a little knowledge about what you doing you'lll would be able to do the same thing on each kernel.

I'm talking about XDRPC.

12. ROHLY20

ROHLY20 Member

I saw XDRPC in a couple of posts about MW2 lobbies. I don't want to host MW2 lobbies and don't plan to but I wanted to know what it was.

I may update and see if it works. If not then I will try to find someone who can help me.

Thanks.

13. itchy

itchy Guest

XDRPC is used to bypass update, that's all.

If you want to go to production net, you need cert.

No one have it and will never have any cert.

14. Jaffacakes Kid

Jaffacakes Kid Active Member

Retail to Dev XeX Converter : http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/xbox360pc/xextools/X360GameHack_v6.3.rar

Someone posted about 21xxx Recovery being 14699 file - incorrect. I used a 20xxx recovery before and I am on that dashboard.
    Unless 21xxx is just an updated version of this dashboard? Doubt it.

Anyhow.. The recoveries to say Xenon in them all, so no, it doesn't mean it's just for Xenons.
    Seriously though, unless you know a confirmed working Recovery - don't use it. A lot of 'leaked' ones are intended for bricking your console.
    I would post a link here but due to rules, not aloud. I will be more than happy to give you a working one though where your console doesn't get bricked.

15. itchy

itchy Guest

Xenon is the code name of the Xbox 360, that's why it say Xenon...

The Preview June recovery have the Summer 2012 Kernel.

16. ROHLY20

ROHLY20 Member

Yep. I was just talking to someone over at Se7ensins who has the 21119.5 recovery. He's also selling a prototype slim with prototype 160Gb HDD as well as a Halo 3 XNA Kit with sidecar. They both have the recovery on it. Not really sure how he got a hold of the recovery or that XNA kit. So lucky.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  17. Jaffacakes Kid

Jaffacakes Kid Active Member

Like I said in my post, I can help you with a working recovery... If you have an XDK.

18. superspeed

superspeed <B>Site Supporter 2012</B>

He already has the 21076.6 recovery for the 14699 dash.

19. Does_anyone

Does_anyone Gutsy Member

The March 2012 XDK includes the current Production Flash, 14719, and the Summer 2012 Preview Flash, 15557.
    (Last updated: 05/14/2012)
    Latest is 21119.5.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  20. ddxcb

ddxcb Gota J.T.A.G. That Xbone Yo.

So that is the next retail kernel the 15*** sweet, hope it fixes the problems.