Help with TC Rainbow Six

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by pitito, Jan 31, 2019.

1. pitito

pitito Rising Member

Hello, I am fully involved in another translation into Spanish, I have practically finished it, but there is a text that overlaps with another
    I need to find the separators of that text and if possible the source to make it smaller
    I've been trying to find him all day but I'm already desperate

I leave you a capture of the text that is, is highlighted by the white box
    [​IMG]

The game is the PAL FR version

Greetings and thanks in advance :)

Anthony817, TerdFerguson and MastaG like this.
  2. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

An other great project :)

I don't have a look yet but maybe you can add some spaces before the text ?

pitito likes this.
  3. pitito

pitito Rising Member

The problem of adding spaces is that the names of characters and specialty are linked to the windows on the left and causes a small bug with the characters as it does not let you remove them

For this reason it is better to separate the text

4. Anthony817

Anthony817 Resolute Member

I suppose underscores wouldn't work either as a temporary fix then? Great to see more games translated. I saw that the Russians translated the Japanese exclusive Panzer Front into Cyrillic alphabet and Russian language , It wasn't released in English on DC, but it was on the PSX. I have wanted to see if we could get a decent English translation of that game by utilizing the font and English localization. I am sure that would also open up the possibility of other languages with Latin alphabet too.

fafadou and pitito like this.
  5. pitito

pitito Rising Member

No, as soon as I edit any name that bug occurs

I have not seen the game you are commenting on, but comparing the japan (original) binaries and the Russian edited binary maybe you can find the font, and editing the textures of the Latin alphabet fonts could do something.

They are only conjectures but it is like I edited the game Dead or Alive 2 LE JAP, for the list of movements of the characters.
    It also depends on how accessible the sources are

Anthony817 likes this.
  6. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

@Anthony817 : do you have a link of this version of panzer front in cirilic alphabet for DC ?
    I think I'm doing a misunderstanding with Advanced Daisenryaku that I have found an english release called "advanced war"...

@pitito : it looks the four last lines are align. You may have a list of four IEEE-754 floating point format identical in :
    0x00 00 XX XX one after the other in your file. (or if you have not luck same 4 octets pack one after the other)
    This may be the start location of the text you want to adjust.

For converter this format into decimal I use this :
    https://www.h-schmidt.net/FloatConv..._zs7nY7Uu-5JcQN3g4x99tcvgbQzuPk6KIYwD-D3ghCrs

You have to reverse the order 0x00 00 X1 X2 -> 0xX2 X1 00 00

Anthony817 and pitito like this.
  7. Anthony817

Anthony817 Resolute Member

Yeah, that English patched Advanced Daisenryaku .cdi floating around I actually released in 2010 hehe. My name is in the credits of the read me. But Nebelwerfer did the translation, I only patched the .cdi and released that.

Panzer Front was a totally different game which was a tank simulator, very akin to modern games like War Thunder or World of Tanks, only offline against bots. Below you can see the homebrew Russian translation.

The PSX Western release should be fairly easy to find if somebody needs to look at the files to see if anything could be used.

I did eventually locate a torrent for the Russian translation, but uploaded it to mega for others to access easily.
    https://mega.nz/#!GI1RjIoD!0XfJvZYvxFmMwokFX_GMyQnfS3tWdbcTZLFphy_yaTY

With how seriously underrepresented WW2 games are on the DC, any little bit to grow the library some is good in my book. Eventually I wanted to make a WW2 FPS mod for Half-Life using the Day of Defeat assets and making a simple mod around it. I just have a really huge Battlefield 1942 remake in the BF2 engine mod project going on, as well as a Korean War total conversion, so my plate is extremely full at the moment as far as projects I am working on.

fafadou and pitito like this.
  8. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

Oh it was you ! Very impressive !
    Thanks for the release :)
    Oh it will really great to do that when you'll have time for. It's a fantastic project.

@pitito : have you find an issue ?

Anthony817 and pitito like this.
  9. pitito

pitito Rising Member

No not yet.

I found the vertical separator of the left text of the white box.

The problem that does not have a fixed address, maybe because the game is Winceos
    It is usually found between these directions from the Cheat Engine and Demul
    2C191900
    2C193000
    And the original value is
    0000000D

fafadou and Anthony817 like this.
  10. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

You can try to change the value 0000000D -> 0000000F or
    0000000D -> 0000200D

you seems to be very close.

pitito likes this.
  11. pitito

pitito Rising Member

I think so, but here in this game it seems that everything is where he wants.
    Normally vertical and horizontal dividers are together, here seems to be all messy

12. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

Yeah but cheat engine is very helpfull.
    I have to install it quickly too. Which version did you use please ?

13. pitito

pitito Rising Member

Yes, you can see the changes in real time, but in Winceos games it gives more problems due to crashes and other
    I use version 6.7 of the Cheat Engine

fafadou likes this.