Hello AG members

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction Forum' started by WeirdoGuy, Feb 16, 2017.

1. WeirdoGuy

WeirdoGuy Newly Registered

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. Stumbled upon the site doing some research on retro console modding and thought why not join. Big fan of the TG16/PCE and Sega Saturn. Just did an RGB mod for my PCE Duo RX and i'm now looking to mod a model 2 Saturn to bypass region (without the use of an Action Replay) and copy protection. Glad sites like this one exist.

skyway1985 likes this.
  2. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

Welcome to the forums! It sounds like you're going to fit right in. :D

WeirdoGuy likes this.
  3. Darkhero

Darkhero Active Member

Welcome!

WeirdoGuy likes this.
  4. skyway1985

skyway1985 Enthusiastic Member

Welcome! PC engine is one of my favorites! just finished RGB modding my IFU-30 and have a pimped out Turbo Express too. also Sega Saturn is another of my favorites! have a model 2 Japanese Saturn with region free bios and mod chip and VCD card. I did the BIOS and chip myself. Also a Famicom disk fanatic. My hardware list just keeps growing since i got really active here. you'll like it here!

WeirdoGuy likes this.
  5. WeirdoGuy

Thanks for the welcomes fellas.

Cool. I've only recapped my Turbo Express but have thought it might be nice to do an LCD mod some day. Haven't picked up a Famicom disk system yet but have thought about it a few times. How's the reliability of the original disk games these days? Those old floppys holding up? Seems like they would be very susceptible to disk/bit rot. I had picked up a cheap copy of Doki Doki Panic a while ago with the intention of getting a FDS eventually but have yet to.

6. skyway1985

I'm the FDS master here. I write and back up disks, new belts and tune heads and drive speed. i have 12 more on the way from japan, should be here within the next month. disks hold up fine to be honest. and once you belt and tune the drive they hold up well, especially with polyurethane belts. have one going on 3 years, with no change in performance. I periodically buy dead disks and rewrite them. last lot i got had 15 dead disks, only 3 wouldn't take their original game, and even then i rewrote those with another title it could take. so yea they can take a beating.

WeirdoGuy likes this.
  7. WeirdoGuy

Nice, whats the going rate for a refurbished FDS?

8. skyway1985

depends on the day these are drive only so 40 tuned. if i get adapters 75-80, hang around here long enough, you'll get the AG special :)

9. WeirdoGuy

Cool, sounds good.