US Helder's modding parts & systems sales

Discussion in 'The ASSEMblergames Marketplace' started by Helder, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Helder

Helder Site Supporter 2014,2015

I have a bunch of mods and even some systems that I'll be updating here as I have them for sale, scroll down for the links to buy or PM me:

PAYPAL Fees have been added to the purchase page and will show up in the form of TAX, if you don't want to pay this fee then contact me to send payment as a "Gift" or "Sending Money to Friends".

Mega AMP Mini 2.0
    [​IMG]

SNES and PSX/PS2 Multi AV Connectors for DIY Cables
    [​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mega AMP Mini V2.0

Up for sale is the Mega AMP 2.0 Mini designed by ACE and villahed94 and PCB made by myself. For more info on this mod go to the thread to read up on it, this board has some solder jumpers to choose the proper filter for all compatible mother board and Model versions so one board can be used on multiple consoles (if you need to transplant it on another console for example). There are also 2 switches for Filtered or Unfiltered sound so the end user can change it on the fly, both switches need to be set to U or F.

This board is Designed for all model 2 and model 3 motherboards NOT the model 1 motherboards with THE ONLY EXCEPTION being the model 1 VA7.

$25 for the board and $5 Shipping
    [​IMG]

Here are the install diagrams for the board in just about all motherboard revisions including Genesis Clones.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/3yyh9ccpir55zc7/Mega_AMP_2.0_Installs.zip

The Board:
    [​IMG]

Installation:
    [​IMG]

Some audio comparisons with stock audio and using the MegaAMP on the 2 different sound Chips in the Genesis models. Thanks to Villahed94 and AlmostOriginal for making these:

Stock:
    http://www.mediafire.com/listen/b62...is_II_(VA0)_-_Original_Hardware_-_(Stock).mp3

ASIC YM3438 (Unfiltered):
    http://www.mediafire.com/listen/w0wxnb52qgfojlg/Mega_Amp_-_Sonic_3_-__ASIC_YM3438_(Unfiltered).mp3

YM2612 (Unfiltered):
    http://www.mediafire.com/listen/2p91xywfelbpcpp/Mega_Amp_-_Sonic_3_-_YM2612_(Unfiltered).mp3

Audio Comparison of Mega Drive 1 VS Mega Drive 2 With Mega AMP

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SNES & PS2 AV Cable Connectors

I have some SNES/N64/NGC and PS1/PS2 AV connectors for making your own cables, these have all pins available (useful for the SNES connectors) so they can be used to build cables with every connection the system offers. I have plenty of the SNES and a limited amount of the PS2 and will only offer 1 or 10 at a time in this thread. If you want larger quantities send me a PM and we can discuss a deal, I also doubt many people will want more than 10 which is why the sale is setup this way.

SNES Style AV Connector:

In USA:
    1 Piece $4
    plus $3 Shipping
    [​IMG]

10 pieces $30 plus $3 Shipping
    [​IMG]

Outside USA
    1 Piece $4
    plus $7 Shipping
    [​IMG]

10 pieces $30 plus $7 Shipping
    [​IMG]

==============================================================================

PS2 Style AV Connector:
    In USA:
    1 Piece $4.50
    plus $3 Shipping
    [​IMG]

10 pieces $34 plus $3 Shipping
    [​IMG]

Outside USA
    1 Piece $4.50
    plus $7 Shipping
    [​IMG]

10 pieces $34 plus $7 Shipping
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  2. Helder

[Place holder]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  3. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

What op amps you have available? The TI is nice but...

4. Helder

I only have that one quad, what other one did you have in mind?

5. Calpis

Calpis Champion of the Forum

Do you realize that only 2 op amps are necessary to mix 2 channels? The output buffer stage is redundant, even if buyers decided to add the headphone driver.

Also hi-fi people never use ceramic caps in the signal path because of their non-linearity, and that's the whole point isn't it?

6. Helder

There is no headphone driver in this design as it was optional and I see no one really using it and would require more parts and increase board size. The ceramics I can easily replace for tantalum if the sound difference is noticeable.

7. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

I can see about the caps, but the megadrive has terrible sound anyway, it's no symphony for certain.

I am just tired of the muffled sound, that's all I care about.

8. Helder

I have the components in and will be taking orders for these again.

9. Arcade

Arcade Rapidly Rising Member

I noticed there's a 1.1 on the PCBs, but ACE posted schematics for 1.0
    Are there any changes? Or is the 1.1 related to the pcb and has nothing to do with the schematics?
    Thanks Helder, good work!

10. Helder

There is a 1.0 prototype board which has ceramic and tantalum for all the signals as well as every combination of resistors so that prototype could be used in any genesis and was mainly used to do some testing on various systems to see what worked and didn't and that was 1.0. Once I figured what worked I designed a smaller 1.1 version so the numbering is just to reflect the pcb revision and not the actual schematic.

11. Rabid Peanut-Butter

Rabid Peanut-Butter <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Very nice, do you think you'll tackle the "System C-2 Mega Amp" variant once that's done?

12. Helder

I'm sure the schematic is universal it's just the resistor values change which the board I designed is designed for that so once the installation guide and resistor values are known it will adaptable to that.

13. shifted

shifted Robust Member

So basically buy this, solder it in using the instructions, buy a Wii AV cable and it's good to go?

Keen!

14. Helder

If you have the NESRGB then yes otherwise no reason to do so, I never did make a WII AV Mod board just an SNES one.

4 Full mount and 3 Screw sockets left.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  15. Helder

4 Full mount and 1 Screw sockets left.

16. shifted

shifted Robust Member

Mine is a bone stock console, but I wanted to modify it so I wouldn't have to use an RF module. So if we install this, just using an SNES AV cable will work?

Finally, which one should we buy off of you then for the console? Whichever it is I will grab it today and send payment as soon as you can tell me which one I should get. :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  17. BuffaloWing

BuffaloWing Robust Member

If you are only interested in composite video, you should just get the SNES type with integrated AV amp PCB from Helder. The Wii socket versions are meant for folks who want to use the more readily available Wii SCART cable for NESRGB board installation.

Helder has another thread for SNES style socket: http://www.assemblergames.com/forum...-S-Nes-Top-Loader-SNES-Style-Multi-A-V-Socket

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    shifted likes this.
  18. Helder

Bump, and the ceramic caps vs tantalum have no discernible difference to the human ear I have an audio clip of the 2 side by side if anyone wants to test it themselves

19. bart_simpson

bart_simpson Dauntless Member

i can't hear the differents in the sounds on a model one or model 2
    but model 2 does have a buzzing sound.
    other than that.
    but i may try one of these to see what's its like

20. Helder

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014