Heart of Darkness

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Celine, Feb 1, 2011.

1. TheRedEye

TheRedEye Robust Member

Hey, just FYI, I dumped this a long time ago with Don's permission. He told me to go ahead and release it, but then I guess he made a deal with finsterhund after that, so I'm going to respect whatever that deal was. I just ripped it quickly from a laptop drive so I'm sure the impending release is better and up to no-intro standards but, for what it's worth, the game should be fully supported in the Mednafen emulator now as I sent it to the author for support maybe two years ago.

2. finsterhund

finsterhund Active Member

I'm probably going to go this route, once I've sorted some of my own issues out, this Autumn was pretty stressful on my end. I know that these crowdfunding sites take a lot out of your donations for fees, so I'm more keen on giving them money as directly as possible but a smaller donation in order to get in contact will be fine.
    The deal was for the dump to be made public and available for everyone and that I'd get the disc itself after a monthly payment plan of anywhere between 100-200 USD that would take two to three years to complete. I haven't checked the specifics in a while but I have our conversation logs here on assemblergames and my paypal records for my first seven I think (I'd have to check) payments. We spoke and made light conversation once every month. He never responded for a month and then AMurderofCrows broke the news that he had passed away in this thread. I have never run into this issue before so I don't know if it's considered a violation of privacy to post our messages publicly, but I'm willing to share this information one on one with someone who Don was acquainted with.
    It was my believe that the contents of the disc should be available for everyone, and that I'd rather the physical disk be owned by someone who is specifically a fan of Heart of Darkness or some sort of public museum rather than a private collector who may be indifferent towards the game. As it stands because of my own declining health I won't be too upset if the family has already sold off the disc to somebody else, but I did put several hundred dollars into the layaway before Don's passing so I'd also like to finish what I started if possible. If not I'd consider that money as me helping Don out, as I considered him an acquaintance after how kind he was to me in our chats.

3. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

Two different rips of this prototype are now openly circulating, but it only runs in Mednafen if you enable the 16MiB RAM expansion cartridge...

good likes this.
  4. A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows Spirited Member

I did release my dump at Christmas.

good likes this.
  5. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  6. good

good Spirited Member

wow it runs pretty nice with 4megs expansion ram

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Arcadia and Spaceman like this.
  7. good

good Spirited Member

there is also a jpn and eng dubbed movies on the disc

also, the saturn ver. has better quality videos it seems, in comparison to the psx ver.
    the rendering resolution is the same on both platforms, but backgrounds of the saturn ver. has less color palette
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Getta Robo likes this.
  8. good

good Spirited Member

Demo walkthrough

Getta Robo and americandad like this.
  9. Segafreak_NL

Segafreak_NL v2.0 New and improved. Site supporter 2012-15

That looks pretty impressive! Would've liked to see a retail release :(

10. ItsMeMario

ItsMeMario Gutsy Member

This is epic ! :D

11. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

What do you need to make it work on real hardware?

12. vexatious

vexatious Rising Member

Anyone provide closeup shots of inside 16 megabytes RAM extension physical cartridge PCB? Trying to homebrew RAM extension hardware but having trouble sourcing 42pin SOP 4 megabyte dram (seems 2 megabytes is largest). Would be nice to see PCB, layout, etc of this 16 megabytes Saturn RAM cartridge.

americandad likes this.