has anyone played deathsmiles

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by thesonygamer3, Sep 1, 2013.

1. thesonygamer3

thesonygamer3 Spirited Member

has anyone here played the bullet hell deathsmiles because im starting to think people treat it like it dosent exist

people either say it sucks because of anime art style or suck because its a xbox exclusive i find both these comments quite unfair

1:yeah its a art style so what if they actualy gave the game a chance they might find its a very fun very addicting bullethell game with beautiful visuals and a good soundtrack oh and dont throw in the weeaboo card in because im sick of it

2:just becuase its a xbox exclusive (im ignoring the ios version here) DOSENT MEAN IT SUCKS not every 360 exclusive sucks thats just a generalization because of the 360s bad reputation for exclusives

so has anyone played it then if so did u enjoy it because i did

2. BM-Viper

BM-Viper <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

I've played it quite a bit, I was surprised at how inexpensive it was when I picked it up. I think it's a good game, especially for anyone looking to get into shmups as it isnt a particularly hard to be alright at.

3. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Played it loads back when it was new in the arcades then on the 360 and then on the iphone and now on my Android. Death Smiles II is crap though in my opinion. I just don't like the whole style of it. The original is pure class though.

4. thesonygamer3

yeah glad to see someone with good taste in smups ^^ yeah it was inexpensive but i still wount call it a budget title since it was a port to a arcade

5. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

Good beginner shmup.

6. thesonygamer3

yeah and its easiness makes it a great pick up and play game

7. GodofHardcore

ESPgaluda 2 is also a good beginer point...Until that final boss. I STILL can't remember how to beat it.

8. thesonygamer3

sounds cool i might try it out i am a big shmp fan

9. XxHennersXx

XxHennersXx I post here on the toilet sometimes.

A lot of people on here have played Death Smiles. I liked it - nice beginner SHMUP. My wife likes it - speaking of that funny story about when I got it...

It was Sakuracon 2011 and the merch room had JUST opened up. One of the first booths I went to had the limited edition version of Death Smiles for about 50 bucks I think. Knowing that a game with anime lolis on it won't last 2 minutes if I turned away I dropped the cash for it right then and there.

Her reaction when she saw the box wasn't very...appreciative of the game until I had to show her the back of the box "SEE?! IT'S A SHMUP! ONLY INSTEAD OF A SHIP YOU'RE A WITCH ON A BROOM AND STUFF!"

then it was OK!

10. thesonygamer3

cool but i still think the game is ignored by the general public because of the whole all xbox exclusives suck thing

11. Mack

Mack <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

I liked this game a lot actually , I am really starting to get back into shmups. My fiance can't stand when I play them for some reason though , maybe it's my dance moves while playing these games or something.

12. thesonygamer3

ok

13. XxHennersXx

No, it's ignored by the general public for a LOT of reasons - and Xbox exclusives are what the XBox prides itself on. It's exclusives are almost all heavy hitters (Gears of War, Halo specifically, and Call of Duty players on Xbox having first dibs on DLC. Even if you don't like any of those 3, you would be ignorant to not say that they are System sellers)

1) American's aren't into lolis like Japan is
    2) American's don't care for pixelated graphics UNLESS they're trying to be retro
    3) American's also don't care for shmups.
    4) The game had a VERY limited release.

The game sold well enough that they brought the sequel over - so no it isn't ignored by the public. The game's release had quite a bit of hype - you know, back in 2010 when it was released.

14. GodofHardcore

Shmups require skill, American gamers would rather play call of duty than put any kind of effort into a high score. Apparently the French REALLY Like shmups.

15. thesonygamer3

So basicly weterners would rather play call of duty than a game with effort put into it right

16. XxHennersXx

You know, CoD was at one point the underdog in the FPS world. Between 3 & 4 they understand the psychology of gamers and took queues from MMOs and have used it to become a forefront. And despite being the "same game every year" they consistently and constantly try to out do themselves every year. They put effort into their games.

and also - Japan fucking loves Call of Duty.

http://kotaku.com/5964525/forget-the-haters-japan-hearts-call-of-duty

http://www.giantbomb.com/call-of-du...rld-has-gone-crazy-cod-mw3-1-in-japan-526086/

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topi...2012-nov-19---nov-25-japan-loves-call-of-duty

http://kotaku.com/5965083/this-might-be-the-last-cosplay-youd-expect-from-japan/

Famitsu gave Modern Warfare 2 a near PERFECT score.

http://www.kawaiikakkoiisugoi.com/2...k-ops-release-event-in-japan-a-bit-different/ << Black Ops had a HYPED mass release party with models in camo and guns

You're missing the part that the game came out THREE years ago - any interest in it in America is nearly GONE. And in America a game who's marketing involves posters where you physically blow the skirt up to reveal the panties of 11-13 year old girls isn't exactly going to get the best attention.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  17. GodofHardcore

Well Japan just so happens to like the GOOD installments of COD before it became a yearly cash in. Modern Warfare 1 and 2 were great games everything after why bother in a year a new game is out.

I stopped playing COD because I only play single player in an FPS if the focus is on Multiplayer and I have to put up with 12 year old little shits who can only speak in slurs I am not going to bother.

18. XxHennersXx

You realize that some of those links were for Black Ops and MW3?

Japan loved MW2, Black Ops, and MW3. I didn't dig for anything on BOII.

And COD has been a YEARLY title since it's inception.

2003: COD
    2004: COD Expansion
    2005: COD 2
    2006: COD 3 (hell it was a release title on the Wii!)
    2007: COD 4:Modern Warfare
    2008: COD World at War
    2009: COD MW2
    2010: COD Bl.Ops
    2011: COD MW3
    2012: COD Bl.Ops II
    2013: COD Ghosts

19. Kaicer

Kaicer Site Supporter 2014

Deathsmiles is like Otomedius many people say it sucks but I like it, both are great shooters. Also Akaikatana is good but not great Mushihimesama is overrated.

20. GodofHardcore

I think that's less my ignorance and more how many shits I actually give about COD. They're ok shooters but it's bothersome when these games get all the awards when a Creative FPS like Bulletstorm gets Panned and Ignored even though it's funny/creative and actually tries different things.