Halo 2 Flood Juggernaut - Patch and Instructions

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by DeadperfecT, Dec 19, 2005.

1. DeadperfecT

DeadperfecT Gutsy Member

Here's a new thread to get this discussion out of the Halo 2 beta disc thread.

Here's the patch for the Flood Juggernaut:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4668IVSJ

To use this, you MUST have a modded box and Halo 2 on your xbox HD.
    1) FTP in and copy the map High Charity to your computer.
    2) Use ppf-o-matic ( found here ) to patch the .map file.
    3) Use the encryptomatic signature ( found here ) tool to sign the patched map.
    4) FTP back to your xbox and transfer your patched map over.
    5) Start up High Charity and enjoy.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  2. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

There's also an Action Replay saved game you can use, although I'm not sure if it will work on stock Xboxs. It should, I guess. I'll look for it later.

3. koolkid13

koolkid13 Enthusiastic Member

Save
    It works on an unmodded box

4. Mr. Casual

Mr. Casual Champion of the Forum

Hmm, now people that dont mod their Xbox's, like me, can fight the Juggernaut. Too bad he wont do anything back. :D

5. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Bungie ever explain the existance? I read a lot of posts on their site (amazingly not taken down).

6. Sally

Sally Guest

I guess it depends on what you mean by explain. The juggernauts were removed because of balancing issues, basicly there wern't enough bullets in that level to take out all of the flood. They wern't removed per se because as you well know, it's easier just to comment out the code than to remove it and intoduce more bugs. That and Bungie were really, really, really pressed for time to get halo 2 out the door before the launch date. They didn't have time to fix some of the bugs they knew about before it launched let alone play with code to remove traces of old material (the multiplayer "pass the flag through the wall" bug was known before the game went gold, but they didn't have time to fix it).

7. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

I know this is going a little bit off-topic, but does anyone anything know about the Mongoose ATV thing? Was that left in the game code somewhere? Why was it removed?

I'm curious because we all know the Juggernaut is in there, but why not the Mongoose?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  8. Sally

Sally Guest

As far as i can remember, the ATV was taken out long before the game shipped. It turned out they couldn't get it to fit in with the physics engine. If it went a reasonible speed and you made a sharp turn, you would roll over. Notice when you speed up the ghost you loose the ability to turn? It's the same issue. And having a vehicle that went that fast made it dificult to design the levels, as you could just blow right by most enemies, which isn't any fun. Plus your only weapons were your guns, so you would have to shoot and steer at the same time, which was damn near impossible. Overall it wasn't very fun and i'm not sad that they took it out (but it would have been fun to play around with).

9. OR! OR! How about the bug where bump maps render seconds too slow on the FMV? Or the one where the game's only half-finished?? :lol: Thank you folks, I'm here all week!

Seriously though, it's probably good they took out the Juggernaut - those things look just plain nasty, and the Flood were one of the most frustratingly unbalanced enemies in the game, especially in Halo 2. There's nothing like having half of your weapons you've used all through the game rendered totally useless against an enemy, and then finding that the only things that work effectively (i.e. explosives and swords) are in extremely short supply.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2005
  10. DeadperfecT

DeadperfecT Gutsy Member

I guess while we're on the subject....

11. Yeah, I was hit by the overall impression of a totally different product immediately after my roommate and I finished the game on co-op a week after its release. I remember seeing the trailers, reading the "Earth Will Never Be The Same" tagline, and then playing one interesting Earth-based level surrounded by a bunch of recycled, generic Spaceship, Halo, and Flood Infested levels. Huge disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2005
  12. DeadperfecT

DeadperfecT Gutsy Member

I remember when the game leaked 3 weeks before street date, but we were stuck playing the campaign entirely in French. Oui Oui! Good times.

13. Might have been a lot more fun if I couldn't understand the plot enough to be angry at it...

OT: Holy crap, you're in Oregon! Whereabouts?

14. Paintballpsyco2369

Paintballpsyco2369 Spirited Member

I found this thread, and the one before it today, and I tried and tried to get it to work for about 2 hours, and I can't get it working. Does the halo 2 xbe need to be the 1.0 version? and what name shoul dI see in the halo 2 profile selection for the game save thing? Thanks.