Halo 2 DEV Disc

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by sobman, Dec 18, 2005.

1. sobman

sobman Guest

Anyone going to get one?

[​IMG]

I'm keeping my eye open, would love to get one

2. SuperGrafx

SuperGrafx Guest

What do you mean by anyone going to get one?
    Are these being released in large numbers or something?

3. sobman

sobman Guest

No, i mean, if you see it will you buy it

4. So just going by the screenshot, I'd venture that it's really some sort of closed XBox Live beta rather than any dev leftovers.

5. Sally

Sally Guest

That's from the Halo2 live beta test. They were given out to microsoft employees, but i believe they were all returned. Besides, the servers have been shutdown so all you would have is a cool coaster.

That screenshot in particular is showing a shot from inside bungie's offices anyway. That was from the press event a few weeks before the game went gold. You can tell by the live username, that's a Bungie internal account. The date and time stamp confirm this.

lol, i like the quote "You will be rewarded 10 times over in the afterlife"

6. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

Does anyone know what builds the Mongoose/Juggernaut exist in? I've seen the Juggernaut, but as far as I know there's nothing left of the Mongoose.

7. DeadperfecT

DeadperfecT Gutsy Member

For those unfamiliar with the Flood Juggernaut:

[​IMG]

8. Holy hell, that thing's scary looking! The Flood were cheap and difficult enough as it was - it's a good thing Bungie didn't decide to leave that thing in.

9. DeadperfecT

DeadperfecT Gutsy Member

You can actually patch him into one of the levels. I remember BOLL was digging through the offsets and found the juggernaut. A patch was made for one of the levels. If anyone's interested in trying it, I'm pretty sure I have the patch somewhere on my HD.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  10. Micjohvan

Micjohvan Familiar Face

Yeah I wouldnt mind givning him a shot. But how does one go about patching it? I have never messed with anything xbox really. :shrug:

11. the_steadster

the_steadster Site Soldier

I assume its rip/download game to PC, patch as you would with any software, simply updating the game file. Then burn/stream (can you stream software to XBOX?). Obviously the box needs to be either modchipped or softmodded.

12. Micjohvan

Micjohvan Familiar Face

well that sucks. All I have is a halo special editon box with no mods. (got it just so we could lan halo and halo 2 on weekend game nights)

13. DeadperfecT

DeadperfecT Gutsy Member

I will start another thread about this so I dont crap up this one even more.