Halo 2 1.5 auto-update recognition.

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by Kensou, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Kensou

Kensou Active Member

Hi all, I've been looking everywhere and can't find anything for the life of me. Here's my situation.

I have a not so common Halo 2 NTSC disc that was apparently only sold in Mexico and maybe other Latinamerican countries, the special thing about it is that voice acting is in spanish, even if you set the console in english and all the text is in english, voices are still in spanish.

If I update this game via de official Multiplayer Map Pack disc (which asks what language the game you want to update is in) it will update to 1.1 without issue. But I want the 1.5 update, but any updater I find online includes de American update which this disc does not recognize.

If I use an american Halo 2 disc (which I also have) it does recognize the 1.5 update.

I downloaded other 1.5 update installers from other sources that apparently are in spanish, but my disc doesn't recognize the update, the only update that it recognizes is the one on the officla Map Pack Disc if I tell the disc that I have a Spanish (as in the language, not the country) copy of the game, this disc even states that it's important the language selected since if the wrong language update is installed it will not be recognized.

So in short, does anybody have a default.xbe that could be recognized by this Halo 2 NTSC Disc that is in spanish?

Is there a way to patch the update so it can be applied?

I suppose if someone had this disc and updated their game back when XBL still worked on the original xbox the update could be extracted via FTP from their console. I suppose if they updated it on a 360 it might work too.

Any help would be welcomed.

2. Rocky5

Rocky5 Site Supporter 2015

You can try downloading the update of my downloader that comes with XBMC4Gamers or XBMC-Emustation.

I do the hashing of the contentmeta.xbx file after the download so it will be signed to your Xbox.

also I know 100% that content works, so if it still doesn’t work for you then yes you may need a special version. (Don’t know what though as the game check a specific folder in TDATA (titleid) for a update, so unless there is a check in the update file)