Half-Life Episode 3 as told by Laidlaw

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by PixelButts, Aug 25, 2017.

1. PixelButts

PixelButts Well Known Member

It's over guys. Goodnight sweet prince.
    http://www.marclaidlaw.com/epistle-3/
    https://pastebin.com/q9DMFa7c

Marc Laidlaw is (one of) the writers for the series known as Half-Life. Published and Developed by Valve. It appears he posted the story, and seeing how out of character this it, it's probably the closure we have waited for on whether the third episode will be released.

Let the speculation commence

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    nullChar, Stipo360 and iiAlexLiveii like this.
  2. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

I guess the protagonist of HL3 would've been Alyx.

They should let Naughty Dogs do HL3: ND (maybe jokingly) said they want to do it, and Valve'd be protected of criticism in case it isn't well-received.

3. iiAlexLiveii

iiAlexLiveii Active Member

Very interesting read. I heard previously there were many versions of the script and if this is one of them, it could serve as closure for some of us if ep. 3 never releases. Thanks for the link!

4. GamerNumber1

GamerNumber1 Newly Registered

EP3 has been dead since 2010. HL3 has been dead since 2012/2013. Valve basically died and is now a microtransactions company stuck making VR Stuff and cosmetic/other aesthetical updates for TF2, CS:GO, Dota 2, and now Artifact. The only real chance of us seeing a new Half-Life game is as a VR-spinoff and that's it. Besides that, Half-Life is dead. Marc finally gave us closure, and it will become the closest thing we will ever get to a true ending.

storm132 likes this.
  5. Helegad

Helegad PowerPC

Out of that whole story, this part was the weakest and the most cliched. Didn't have to happen at all. Has no effect on the coming events, and only serves to shoehorn in one of those "lol remember that" moments that every media franchise just has to have at least one of in every instalment these days.

6. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I haven't read this yet, though I've been meaning to. I wonder if Valve is going to make any kind of comment on this. Like, everyone seems to be convinced now that HL3 or Episode 3 isn't going to happen, so is Valve going to confirm or deny that? It seems like it would be weird for them to just remain silent. On the other hand, that's what they always do.