Half Life 2 Sourcecode

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by pspwill, Feb 18, 2007.

1. oldengineer

oldengineer Familiar Face

Nope, didn't know that, I thought testing had finished as it's due for release here in a couple of weeks.

2. Anhaedra

Anhaedra Active Member

I'd like the STALKER and Doom 3 betas, if you could send them...

3. JamesMichael

JamesMichael Light Hearted Drunk

PM sent :thumbsup:

4. Maybe I suck, but I'm gonna throw in a 'questionable content' at links to half-life 2 source code on the forum...

5. JamesMichael

Why is there anything wrong with them? I haven't been able to get the maps working yet some maybe some one could help?

6. Because the source code is for a game thats quite recent, completely copyrighted, illegally obtained, still in use by valve, still available in stores, etcetera?

7. JamesMichael

So that would mean that its best not to download it and if you have delete it right? All i want really is to get the beta maps to work on the retail or just get the russian version would be nice. Thanks for the information anyway Jurai :thumbsup:

8. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

What data you shift around privately is your own concern, Jurai was just saying that a direct link here in public is a bad idea.

9. Anhaedra

Anhaedra Active Member

Jurai stop being a shitmonger. And N7360, I don't know if you meant you sent a PM to me, but if you did, I didn't receive it.

10. JamesMichael

No sorry i ment TS _death_angel about the stalker beta .

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  11. Anhaedra

Anhaedra Active Member

...oh. Well would you mind sending me the Stalker and Doom 3 betas then? (If it is just the MP beta of stalker, I've already played with it)
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  12. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

You might not want to insult other members, especially those that have:

1) Been here awhile
    2) Have a respect for copyright

There are plenty of active game devs on this board and (aside from the obvious legal reasons) there are plenty of straight up moral reasons why the boards don't allow warez/current games.

If you just want to get games for free go run off to Usenet or something.

-hl718

13. Anhaedra

Anhaedra Active Member

I am not asking for free games, I am asking for game betas, which are quite different since the stability is usually crap and they are not usually a release quality game. And as for copyright, I do not give a damn about it. :)

14. I think thats the first time someones stood up for me here ;-)

15. on top of the illegal aspects, if you're a legit developer and youve looked at valves source without any rights to do so and derive new code based upon what you found that they were doing, you could be in some hot water.

16. Anhaedra

Anhaedra Active Member

So don't do that then. I was just wanting the source code just to mess around with myself, not to make mods or my own games or anything.

17. WolverineDK

WolverineDK music lover

All those who now knows that Anhaedra is just looking for the source, and who aren´t develeopers, but knows where the source is, pm him. Since then it is done. Come on, don´t give me the double standard filled joke. Since I know many of you could seriously have something that you weren´t allowed to have, except if you live in Sweden, Norway. Or any country who has a cool P2P law. So if any one of you, has it, in those countries. Please give Anhaedra a link or two in a PM to him. So he can get it, and perhaps learn something from it.

18. Anhaedra

Anhaedra Active Member

Hmm I can't really tell if you are mocking me or not, so I'm going to assume you are.

19. WolverineDK

WolverineDK music lover

No, I am not mocking you, I am serious.

20. SRSLY SERIOUS