Half Life 2 Sourcecode

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by pspwill, Feb 18, 2007.

1. pspwill

pspwill Spirited Member

I dont know if this isn't the kind of request i should be making but im going for it anyway, if it is wrong to post this on here then please close it. Im looking for the Half Life 2 sourcecode that was leaked before the game was released, ive searched google and only come up with a few torrents, none of which work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Will

2. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

If you want to play levels that were never released to the public (The stuff shown in various videos and used in the CS:S stress test, parts of HL2 cut that were leaked, and so on) get the mod "Missing Information". Quite entertaining, shame anything had to be cut.

3. pspwill

pspwill Spirited Member

Thanks for the tip but i just wanted to look through the source more than anything :)

4. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I used to have it, but I don't have access to the HDD it might still be on. I'm not even sure if it's still there. If I have a chance, though, I'll look. I always wanted to compile it, but I could never figure out how.

5. CrAzY

CrAzY SNES4LIFE

Sadly, same here. The HDD that contains all of my Source files, Leaked Maps and Builds is on a corrupted HDD that I have tried many times to restore....

GAHH!:banghead:

6. subbie

subbie Guardian of the Forum

i actualy have it somewhere but have to find where i placed them.

7. Sienar

Sienar Robust Member

I have it sitting on the HD of the computer I'm typing this on. However, it's ~4 gigs or so, and my college's connection limits how much we can upload/download a day so it could be really difficult. I also wouldnt feel confortable posting it without mod approval.

But anyway, there is a russian site that recently had a ton of the old maps compiled along with links to the source material, and I might be able to find it again

8. Micjohvan

Micjohvan Familiar Face

Are the compiled maps able to be played with retail versions of HL2. Im assuming they are mission type maps and not DM maps and the like. It would be cool if a team took those and made a mod of the game before it is what we have today ^^

Im a ok mapper for Source but I dont think I could do the whole mod or I would give it a shot.

9. CrAzY

CrAzY SNES4LIFE

Please try your best to find it. I as well found a Russian site with Old Source Maps, as well as a Russian Forum where they were discussing it (In English...)

Gahhh! I hate HDD Failures. I never backup stuff that I need! :banghead:

No. I can safely say that they wont run at all. They were all compiled with a earlier set of tools. If you opened (The .vmf's) them with the map editor (Hammer), you would see a lot of Error models and non-existant textures. So it is possible that you could edit the old maps and compile them in a compatible form, but it would take awhile.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  10. pspwill

pspwill Spirited Member

Hey,

I havnt been able to post for a while as for some reason i have not been able to access assembler :S I having to use a proxy everytime i want to go on here now. Anyway i still havnt found the source code and @ Sienar the thing i want isn't 4 gigs its around 30mb. I dont want the maps or anything like that i just want the source code.

Thanks, Will

11. TranceDoll

TranceDoll Rising Member

Sorry for not seeing this post earlier. In response to some of your questions, yes, you can compile the beta maps for use in the retail HL2. You'll need to copy the texture folder from the beta leak into your retail folder, though. I've been doing just that for a while:
    http://multiftp.free.fr/files/airexchange/

Anyway... here's the source:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/18703724/hl2_src.rar.html
    *runs*

Here's the VMF pack (the maps in editable form) that was released along with the beta:
    http://z64.emedian.net/temp_files/hl2-wc-maps.rar

Since I backup all my crap onto DVDs, I have tons of other beta stuff (S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Doom III, Starcraft, Warcraft, WoW etc), so if you want something, PM me :D

12. pspwill

pspwill Spirited Member

Thank you :) also i wouldn't mind the Doom 3 beta stuff.

Thanks, Will

13. oldengineer

oldengineer Familiar Face

STALKER for me please ;)

14. TranceDoll

TranceDoll Rising Member

PM sent (to both of you) :p

15. kholdfuzion

kholdfuzion I kill consoles

I'm also interested in STALKER :D

16. Sienar

Sienar Robust Member

What build of stalker is this? I think I have 1318 or something along those lines.

17. TranceDoll

TranceDoll Rising Member

If you want something, PM me ;P

18. DevL

DevL Robust Member

:clap:

19. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

You do know that you can get in on the MP beta right now, correct? ;)

-hl718

20. XxHennersXx

XxHennersXx I post here on the toilet sometimes.

Oh I have the Doom3 Alpha floating around here some place on another hard drive. I'll see what I can do for you.