Guys about NTSC / PAL compatibility

Discussion in 'Panasonic M2 and 3DO' started by BimboBoop, Jul 28, 2019.

1. BimboBoop

BimboBoop Rapidly Rising Member

Hi guys, I own a Japanese FZ1 Model (the 240p one) and a FZ10 Model, I have a couple of US an Japanese titles but mostly just Backups of the Pc games ported I love. But I am thiking on buying the original ones, but I dont like too much the USA style with those fragile carton boxes, so I am thinking on buying PAL games in order dont lose english language. I know the 3DO doesnt have any region Lock but what about video System? I cant found that info anywhere. In all the youtube videos, people mentioned the console is free region, but they always showed Japanese and US versions. SO I just downloaded a PAL backup of Alone in the Dark in order to test this , but the game stays on a black screen after the Infogrames Screen at the beggining. So guys, my question is, anyonew here could confirm if this is normal with a PAL version of this game and a NTSC console? or I just founded a bad ISO? or maybe this is regular and goes this way with all PAL games? I hope someone with actual european games and ntsc consoles could confirm this to me. Thanks a lot for any help, will be apreciated.

2. bulletbob

bulletbob Active Member

I vote that it is a bad disc. I have never had trouble running pal discs on ntsc 3dos. There are a few japanese games that require a specific font to boot but thats the only issue i have heard of. The 3do should put out the video standard based on the machine it is being played on.

3. BimboBoop

Man thanks for the answer. I tried another game and It didnt worked either. :( maybe I ust haved bad luck. I wish I could tried any of the isos or disc you already tested. Did you tried ALONE IN THE DARK 1 pal on ntsc console?

4. Durandal

Durandal Spirited Member

It could be related to the quality of the CD you're using. In some CD-based consoles, the use of bad quality burned CD-Rs can wear out the laser/CD mechanism faster than retail games and make it difficult for the console to read any game at all. Are you able to buy Taiyo Yuden mastering CD-Rs in your country?

Also, what program are you using to burn your discs?

5. BimboBoop

Hi thanks for the answer, No Sadly I even never heard about that Cd brand. I was trying SONY branded CD-Rs, they worked pretty well with a bunch of ntsc backups. Maybe I could try with a Lightscribe HP CD , cause I think they are better. But I would like to try burning with an already PAL tested image (on an ntsc console first) If someone could share one with me by inbox. I would highly aprecite it. Even better if the game is Alone in the Dark 1, cause is the one I already tried.