GTA IV: EFLC - debug .exe patched

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by Colek, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Colek

Colek Spirited Member

@deep3r posted .exe file from debug of GTA IV: EFLC in this thread two years ago.

Problem with it was it would load forever with retail files. I've managed to patch the .exe, as it was using dongle protection. Now it's running fine with retail files.

[​IMG]

Will post patcher this week.

2. Bazatree

Bazatree BAM

Wow, this is osum!

3. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

4. Colek

Colek Spirited Member

Bazatree and PixelButts like this.
  5. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

There's another xex i have for that. The one you used is an xex that was resigned with xextool (to my knowledge). The original has a CRC32 of D369E481.
    Regardless thanks, I applied the patch as needed.

Colek likes this.
  6. Colek

Colek Spirited Member

You can send me the original if you'd want so I can make patch for that .xex as well.

7. deep3r

deep3r Fiery Member

It also took forever to load even when I had the debug disc to hand. This is awesome though, will definitely be trying it out, is there any debug functionality at all?

8. Bazatree

Bazatree BAM

I tested it yesterday with retail files on my devkit and came to the conclusion that it might not have debug menu or something similar. I tried using a keyboard... I tried using 4 joysticks... nothing. Not a single combination I managed to test triggered anything. The game doesn't even write anything to the debugger. There is no a debug option in the menu as I saw on some screenshots from the early RDR build...

Colek managed to find this string " UNAUTHORIZED demo copy.! - Missing dongle file." in this xex. Actually there are more similar strings there, which might indicate that it could be a "demo copy" with a dongle protection. I always wondered why it was compiled after the final build and hidden as a different game...

Would be cool if someone who had this disc in the past and backed its data would test this patched xex with those files. I remember that someone said that there are no differences with the retail version, but still...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    SILENT_Pavel and Colek like this.
  9. peekpoke

peekpoke Member

In some cases you need to have beneath the debug-xex some dll-files copied over to work properly as debug Version with retail files.