Great Star Wars Games?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GodofHardcore, Oct 14, 2015.

1. M. Bison

M. Bison I'll see you all at 3:15!

I'm honestly surprised that the Super Star Wars games (SNES) weren't mentioned. They're all fantastic, albeit difficult as hell.

2. Taucias

Taucias Site Supporter 2014,2015

Better to ask which Star Wars games are not good.

3. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

To answer which game are not good is easy, you just need to post this:

[​IMG]

This was the worst Star Wars game I have played. I only tried once and then I never came back because I thought it was really bad,

4. Kaicer

Kaicer Site Supporter 2014

the NES and famicom too are bad as hell. I like most of the star wars games and Republic commando was great I wonder no one mention Force unleashed the first one that was a great game too.

5. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

I'm not about to count Soul Calibur IV. The Apprentice was a bitch in that too.

6. Taucias

Taucias Site Supporter 2014,2015

NES Starwars was great! Assuming you mean this one:

7. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

You don't like Darth Vader turning into a scorpion?

8. proarturs

proarturs The force is with me

The gameplay in Empire Strikes Back for the NES was similar to this one.
    However, the game itself didn't make sense, it treated you like a baby, giving pointless hints all the time.

9. MottZilla

MottZilla Champion of the Forum

The first Star Wars game on NES was tough but not too unfair to complete with some practice. The second game certainly seems more difficult to me, which may be related to why I find it less enjoyable. The Master System version of the first NES Star Wars game I recall having inferior gameplay mechanics in some way. It looked better than the NES version as there was more color but other than that I recall it wasn't a good port.

The Super Star Wars games are pretty good but they can be challenging too.

Shadows of the Empire was a stand out Star Wars game for its time in my opinion. I even replayed it rather recently and it's still fun. Rogue Squadron (N64/PC) and Rogue Leader (GC) were also good games. Someone mentioned Tie Fighter and X-Wing on the PC which were also good games I remember playing a long time ago. But the Star Wars games I would generally play or suggest someone play are probably the NES original, SNES Super series, Shadows of the Empire, and the Rogue Squadron games.

I do have to say I really enjoyed the Star Wars Episode 1 Racer arcade game by Sega. The Podracer engine throttle controls made it really fun to play. I can see why it would be fun to have a home version of the game but if you lose the unique control I think you'd lose a valuable part of its appeal.

10. Ryudo

Ryudo SEGA!

Only 2 I ever liked really. Racer on Dreamcast and Rogue Leader on Gamecube.
    Tho I have nostalgia for the SNES one. Was super hard tho.

11. lovewiibrew

lovewiibrew Site Supporter 2012

The Movie Battles II mod for Star Wars: Jedi Knight Jedi Academy. That game has been going since 2003 and people still play it online.

12. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

If you like vehicular combat a la Twisted Metal or Vigilante 8, I recommend Star Wars Demolition. Go with the DC version. It was actually made by Luxoflux, the same team that made V8 and V8: 2nd Offense. Although it isn't as good as 2nd Offense, it's still pretty enjoyable and feels like V8 set in the Star Wars Universe.

13. proarturs

proarturs The force is with me

Star Wars Episode 1 Racer is also best played on the Dreamcast. If only the Dreamcast survived a few years more, we would probably have more Star Wars games.

14. MBMM

We got Jedi Power Battles, although that wasn't too popular. I prefered the SW:Ep. 1 game for the PS1. Really wish that would have been ported over.

15. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

Except for the easter egg where you can use two N64 controllers to control the pod, that's really neat.

16. xaeroxcore

xaeroxcore Rapidly Rising Member

Super bombad racing (Mario Kart style episode 1 or 2 -dont remeber well- themed racer released for PS2 and PC) was scheduled for Dreamcast, but ended cancelled. So if DC would survived we'd have this One... The question is...what other Star Wars games released on 6th gen would have been possible on DC hardware? I'd say Jedi Knight 2 (built with quake 3 engine) and Bounty Hunter...

17. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

Maybe the first Battlefront, but as something closer to a Battlefield 1942 mod than a fully fleshed game.

xaeroxcore likes this.
  18. MBMM

I don't think I've seen anybody mention The Clone Wars. I had the combo with that and Tetris Worlds for XBOX. I remember having some fun with that game.

19. StriderVM

StriderVM Peppy Member

The first Star Wars related video game I owned was the Namco made one. So for me it's a classic Nintendo Hard game for me.

20. Boomslangnz

Boomslangnz Spirited Member

I liked jedi power battles, played the hell outa xwing vs tie fighter back in the day etc

I hated the force unleashed games tho, been playing the new battlefront and honestly don't get the hate. Its fun as hell and I much prefer it over Battlefield 4