Got an PSV DEV Kit

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by Jerry Yin, Dec 22, 2016.

1. DevTestKit95

DevTestKit95 Active Member

where did you get the PS Vita dev kit

I tried to disconnect the battery in my ps vita but it doesn't work out i'm sorry if i disturb you but i'm very interested in activating the ps vita testing kit. It is my only interest. I hope that there will be a new method to activate it, so let me know if there is any news

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2017
  2. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

ebay and yea I would like to be able to activate those kits as well but for now there is nothing we can do,

3. system

system Rising Member

I'm dumb, I need to have the wireless card in monitor mode. I'll try that when I get a chance. What would be the next few steps after that?

4. XDMEN

XDMEN Spirited Member

Is This devkit can boot retail games?

5. fate6

Provided the kit is activated then yes it will run retail content.

EDIT: RIP in peace 777 post count.

6. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

I've merged a whole bunch of double and triple posts in this thread.

Please remember to use the edit button. Also remember that ALL YOU HAVE TO DO if you want to reply to multiple people is hit reply by each post you want to quote. It WILL paste each and every one in the quick reply box without losing anything.

7. -SiD-

-SiD- Active Member

Hey, sorry that I push this thread up again but I have a question about devkit vita. Will HENkaku Enso work on a devkit vita or will it brick because it's written for retail vita's? Anybody tried it already? @fate6 @Jerry Yin

8. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

It will work but there is an issue with activation and enso at the same time for the moment,

My suggestion is use just henkaku with the kit should you activate it. Otherwise use enso but dont activate it.

9. -SiD-

-SiD- Active Member

Thank you for your quick response! I can get an already activated devkit which expires sometime in 2020. You mean that I should not install Enso because it can deactivate the devkit? What is when I save the activation files in tm0: before I install Enso and restore them after installation?

10. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

I wouldnt buy an activated kit since we can activate them ourselves now. Activation also is relatively worthless due to henkaku existing as its own thing. It's still less functional but more functional than deactivated. Once activated it's okay I guess but it's still fairly pointless since the same results can be achieved with henkaku (except the expired red bar, that's probably the only true negative)

I cant guide you on the correct choice here only because I dont know what your goal here is, but if it's just to play stuff, use henkaku, dont use enso. If it's deactivated, use enso. That's about all I can say here.

-SiD- likes this.
  11. -SiD-

-SiD- Active Member

I think I'll use the normal HENkaku on the devkit. I have a second vita slim with Enso already installed on it, that I can use as my main console for the train or in a plane. The devkit is only for educational things for myself and for my collection, but it would be nice to have all opportunities open like Enso on it. :)

12. fate6

;)

Also whats this about enso on a PDEL? it doesn't install on mine since it complains about modded vs0 or whatever it was it looks for, even did a fresh install of 3.60 and nothing.

-SiD- likes this.
  13. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

You need to nop the vs0 check from the installer. Although I think the installer sources are available. That said, I wouldn't risk it as I don't know if nsbl is the same on PDEL/PTEL and PCH units, since the payload relies on static nsbl addresses, I would be wary of installing enso on anything but 3.60 PCH CEX units at this point. You can't recover from a nsbl brick.

fate6 and -SiD- like this.
  14. -SiD-

-SiD- Active Member

I got my vita devkit today but I have a problem when I want to start a dumped game. The game starts and after a while I get an error message:

[​IMG]

But the game runs in the background. I can hear the game sound the whole time and see the picture in the back:

[​IMG]

When I press the "OK" button this message appears:

[​IMG]

After that I can only close the application. What can I do? The game is still running in the background. :(

EDIT: I've fixed it! It was a wrong setting. I set "Trophy Setup Diallog Debug" to "off" and now it works!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  15. fate6

The source isn't out yet and IDK if anyone has the info needed to see if its even compatible "as is" with dev units.
    Would be cool to have tho since it plus a plugin to remove the expired activation warning would make kits work 100% without any activation needed.

Well beside retail carts since they don't work with HENkaku but IDK could probably be enabled with some tinkering.

16. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

There are (high) chances for nsbl to be identical, if so, it should work assuming you remove the os0 check in the installer.

P.S. You can't 100% bypass the activation requirements by simply patching the kernel as some features use secure modules running on f00d which check for the activation status and we do not have a f00d exploit at this time.

17. -SiD-

-SiD- Active Member

@fate6 Retail cart games doesn't work on your devkit? I've tested some cart games today and they work very well.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  18. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Retail carts can work on Dev/testkits granted theyre activated in a specific way.
    Depending on HOW it was done for activation and how thorough it was can alter functionality.

19. fate6

If you have a proper activated unit then it will run them but in my case I have a special little PDEL that while not activated doesn't have the activation warning, in fact the activation seems completely broken on it, Using HENkaku it enables all debug/dev functionality but it does not enable retail carts.

IDK why my kit does this(have some ideas tho) and I have never seen anyone else with something similar.

Actually the trick right now is get a kit with an expired activation and set all the internal clocks to the start of it using a kernel mode plugin, wallah we now have an active unit.

As for hacks my kit seems to have all but the retail carts working using HENkaku so IDK.
    Can even trick neighborhood into thinking the kit is active for years at a time when its not tho its just cosmetic since it doesn't enable anything.

-SiD- likes this.
  20. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

You should be aware that tokens distributed for 2.12 and earlier system are not RSA signed (and instead rely on CMAC/HMAC). After 2.12 Sony added a RSA signature to its token and older token wouldn't work on newer firmware, while this isn't much of a limitation to legit owner because they renew the token through the devnet, if you are stuck with an old PDEL using a token without an RSA signature, no RTC trick is going to help you (at least on later firmware) and you will have to downgrade to 2.12 or older to have an activated PDEL.
    You may also note that newer token do work on older firmware as low as 1.60 as they do contain the CMAC/HMAC, the signature is just ignored on the older firmware.
    Because older firmware use CMAC/HMAC which are symmetric algorithms should you retrieve the keys, you could craft your own activation token (it wouldn't work on 2.12+ though), this is pretty much the reason the RSA check was added.
    PTEL units also have that issue (PTEL started shipping on 1.60 as far as I know of)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    SONIC3D and fate6 like this.