Goldeneye Xbox live arcade

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by JamesMichael, Jan 20, 2008.

1. davenixdorf

davenixdorf Peppy Member

Shame it's not going to see a release on the PSN anytime ... would'nt mind reliving some of the classic multiplayer battles from yesteryear!

2. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

the image is a fake imo. It looks like someone tried to remake a scene, but half-assed it, and threw in a hi-rez image from an emulator running on a PC. the new 3D stuff in the screenshot are pretty easy to make anyway.

3. XxHennersXx

XxHennersXx I post here on the toilet sometimes.

Goldeneye 36007 lol. as for a dual wii/360 release that'll rad...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  4. spot778

spot778 Fiery Member

MS's statement

5. Nitrosoxide

Nitrosoxide Resolute Member

"In the new issue of Xbox World 360, we've got the inside scoop on the aborted GoldenEye project. An inside scoop that includes hands-on details and FOUR PAGES of dazzling new shots. No rumour. No speculation. Oh, and contrary to reports, comment from Microsoft too. Read on for more..."

That was xbox world's repsonse. Apprantly they do have a quote from MS...
    I wouldn't be suprised if at least they got someone to comment on it.

6. Pikkon

Pikkon "Moving in Stereo"

7. Barc0de

Ah, my guesses were true then. I am becoming a true analyst of the Law of Contract in relation to the gaming industry! :clap:

8. Shadowlayer

Shadowlayer KEEPIN' I.T. REAL!!

Why MS is a monopoly and Nintendo the good guys again?:rolleyes:

9. Nitrosoxide

Nitrosoxide Resolute Member

10. Barc0de

because nintendo could have made lot's of money, but they declined because of their own internal code of conduct. That's ethical, in a way, something that MS is quite far away from:p

11. smf

smf mamedev

If you consider an internal code of conduct that locks studios into only producing games for your platform then I can see why you'd think that was ethical.

It's more to do with preventing Microsoft making money.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  12. Barc0de

people remember and associate Goldeneye, this great piece of software, with nintendo. They don't want to allow this memory to fade into something that isn't nintendo.

13. davenixdorf

davenixdorf Peppy Member

14. Shadowlayer

Man I almost piss myself after I read that:lol:

Ethics? in nintendo? they forced the entire industry to work ONLY for the nes back in the 80s, hows that ethical at all?

You want to be a lawyer right? well this is the typical case of a corporation (nintendo) hustling a smaller company (activision) into doing what nintendo wants or face serious economical consequences.

This is no different from the big ass corporation forcing a news channel to run only "certain" approved news...

15. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Im sure all of the big 3 companies have done that whole "Listen to me or else" thing, Nintendo hasnt been the only one.

16. Shadowlayer

As far as I know both MS and Sony compete for exclusives by offering greater benefits to developers than the other side.

If you have a clear example of those companies acting like nintendo does, then be my guest.

17. Barc0de

I m not denying that they have financial motives in doing so, but they could have made a pretty buck by a dual release nontheless, yet they chose not to, in face of unforseen consequences of such a release.

an example would be if nintendo made off the XBLA download of Goldeneye a percentage through their bargaining power. They didn't want to do this dirty little trick though, they wanted it released solely, if ever, on the VC.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  18. Shadowlayer

Well duh! Wii has nothing awesome in the horizon after Galaxy and Brawl, so if they can get a blockbuster, albeit an old one, they're going to do whatever they can to ensure that.

I bet they got the offer of getting the old N64 version in VC while XBLA gets the remake. Obviously this had to be rejected since the disparity between both versions would show a biger-than-it-really-is disadvantage of the Wii when compared to X360.

19. yomamma5

yomamma5 Guest

it looks like they improved the graphics and that would be sweet if it came out