Goldeneye Xbox live arcade

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by JamesMichael, Jan 20, 2008.

1. JamesMichael

JamesMichael Light Hearted Drunk

This was tricky where I should put this but here seems best since its canceled for now anyway. Theres been rumors of it happening then not and then happening again but now I've found a video of it apparently in action. Not sure if any assembler members here have access to a kit that can get on parnerNET but apparently its on there now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXWls4S_qu8

Still trying to find out more information on this

2. ma777

ma777 Peppy Member

why don't they just split it 50/50?

3. neull

neull Guest

I just checked, and I couldn't find it on there, and I haven't seen it on there in the past, either... :-(

4. JamesMichael

JamesMichael Light Hearted Drunk

Hmm so that mystery is solved pretty fast then...if its not on partnerNET it can't be real since everything hits there first right?

PS gamerfreak check yours pm :thumbsup:

5. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

It was probably removed heh

6. DRussian

DRussian Dauntless Member

I don`t think it was ever up. More likely this is being played on a dev kit...if it`s real.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  7. XxHennersXx

XxHennersXx I post here on the toilet sometimes.

could it be goldeneye source?

8. Pikkon

Pikkon "Moving in Stereo"

No not quite.

9. mooseblaster

mooseblaster Bleep. Site Supporter 2012, 2014

I suppose it could be, but probably less than likely because the screenshots from GE:Source look better than that.

10. spot778

spot778 Fiery Member

If it was ever up on Partner Net I would have heard about it.

11. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Not exactly the best of videos really, is it? It just looks like GoldenEye - they could have pulled up the 360's menu or something, at least!

People keep talking about this. I point out it was just a rumour. They say, "no, no, it was FINISHED! They had it ready to release!" Well, where's the proof? The rumour came out that it may happen, then a few days later it WAS made 100% ready! What the hell?!? So why have Rare said nothing about it, then?

I really don't see it happening. It would need permission from MGM, EON and Activision. And guess who owns MGM? Yes, it's Sony. Not to mention Nintendo would probably be a bit put out by the game not making it to their Virtual Console for Wii.

Until I see REAL PROOF that the game exists, and REAL PROOF that it is (or even was) intended for release, then I'm not buying it.

12. shade45

shade45 Member

I heard the graphics where supposed to be updated for the XBLA version, this just looks like regular Goldeneye.

13. XxHennersXx

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165391

It was in EGM.

14. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Ahh. I remember the rumour that it was all down to money with Nintendo, didn't realise is was in EGM. That gives a bit more credibility, but not much. Where are their quotes from Rare or Nintendo?

What rights do Nintendo have to the game? Were they the publishers? It isn't just Nintendo. Activision own the rights to release James Bond games, MGM and EON own the rights to the films, and not to mention the actors who feature in the game.

15. ma777

ma777 Peppy Member

Forget XBLA and VC.
    Bust out the 64 and a gameshark and have some fun.

16. XxHennersXx

I would imagine they would have to split the money between nintendo (publisher), Activision (current holder), Rare (developer), and Microsoft (publisher) and couldn't decide who would get how much, or if ms would write Nintendo and activision a check and call it done or if they would continue to get revenue depending on sales.

17. mooseblaster

mooseblaster Bleep. Site Supporter 2012, 2014

The biggest problem is that it's all a tangled mess. It would be impossible to split the costs without people being unhappy, especially as Nintendo probably sees Microsoft as a 'third wheel' in the equation, especially as it wouldn't be too difficult to alter the N64 code so it ran in widescreen at a higher framerate and sold as VC (noting that there wasn't an intention of updating the graphics according to EGM).

Also, I'd bet nobody's particularly happy giving money to Activision for basically doing nothing except owning the rights.

18. hermosaguy

hermosaguy Guest

I would love to see how this would work over XBLA. It is a shame Nintendo had to go and do that!

19. wheelaa

wheelaa FM Towns / MD Addict Site Supporter 2010-2015

I love Goldeneye, but tbh I wouldn't see it as a great Arcade title. Mutliplayer was fun, but limited. 1 player, frankly you need the N64 pad for the 'true' experience imo. If they implemented online co-op though, different story entirely. Was that mooted ever?

I'd prefer PD by a mile, as long as everything was made online capable. 4 player full screen challenges, yes please.

20. wombat

wombat SEGA!

Allot of content on PartnerNET is invisible....