Genesis Game Genie not working in 32X

Discussion in 'Sega Discussion' started by Jarrah White, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Jarrah White

Jarrah White Rising Member

In my setup I have a Japanese Sega Mega Drive, Japanese Sega Mega CD and Genesis 32X. Prior to acquiring the 32X, I used a Magic Key III to play post-1993 PAL Mega Drive games. But with the 32X inserted, this adapter no longer worked. It only works if I take off the adapter. And all the cables I need to unplug and swap out is making that tedious.

I found this video on YouTube, in which the user is able to boot a Japanese Sailor Moon game from 1994 using a Game Genie plugged into the 32X. So I ordered a Game Genie which arrived today.

I tried booting my PAL copy of Toy Story and Jurassic Park, using the codes I found here. But when I press start, the Game Genie just boots back to the Codemasters logo and brings up the enter code screen again. I took the 32X off and it worked.

Does anyone have any idea why its not working in my setup? The guy in the video is using an all-American setup with a Model 1 Genesis, Model 2 Sega CD and Genesis 32X. Does the Game Genie only work in this setup with a Model 1 Genesis? Or should I try seeking out a Japanese Super 32X? Or could the Game Genie be at fault? The guy in the video is using a Game Genie with a black sticker, mine's gold.

2. Jarrah White

Jarrah White Rising Member

OK, found the problem. I swapped the Genesis 32X out with a Super 32X, the Game Genie booted up my PAL copies of Toy Story and Jurassic Park on the first try.

Are there any region bypass codes for 32X games? I'd like to be able to play Darxide on my Super 32X.