gcvideo - Open source GameCube component cable solution

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by darcagn, Aug 31, 2014.

1. happy_bunny

happy_bunny Rising Member

Sweet assemblergames is back happy days :)

2. Collingall

Collingall Robust Member

3. Bearking

Bearking Konsolkongen

That is pretty kewl. Would like to see a picture with the console assembled.

4. Collingall

Collingall Robust Member

Thanks! There are some more pictures in the link. I am still working on that system, I tore it all the way to just plastic to really clean the shell. I haven't had a chance to reassemble it yet.

5. Sp33dFr34k

Sp33dFr34k Spirited Member

Wow, thanks for sharing, that looks really nice. It also kinda supports the gcvideo pcb by the looks of it? Is this the final version of your design? Definitely going to use it then :)

6. Collingall

Collingall Robust Member

Thanks. The bracket will support the board with 2 2mm screws. In my tests it handles the stress of a HDMI cable hanging from it plus me wiggling it. I had a request from someone on the Thingiverse page to increase the height of the mounting holes I used to mount the bracket to the system. He had been drilling holes in the unused areas of the Pluto board and using spacers to mount the board more firmly to the system. Both versions are available on the Thingiverse page, you are welcome to make them, if you don't have access to a printer or just want to support my work I do sell them. I just need to update my sales page on the forum to include that mod.

Sp33dFr34k likes this.
  7. Sp33dFr34k

Sp33dFr34k Spirited Member

Ah I see it in the description now that a second screw was added as opposed to the pictures there. I don't have a 3d printer nor a gcvideo (yet). I will contact you in due time regarding the print, thanks!

8. Collingall

Collingall Robust Member

No worries on ordering any time soon, I can make it when you are ready.

Sp33dFr34k likes this.
  9. LeHaM

LeHaM Site Soldier