gcompsw - 4:1 automatic composite/component switch

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by superg, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Will try to remember to order then. Looks great, exactly what I need.

2. superg

superg Site Supporter 2013,2014,2015. Tape Drive Donor.

3. Charlie X

Charlie X Member

I was able to grab one to test out.
    Looking forward to it, thanks!

4. Wolf_

Wolf_ Rising Member

Had the page set to auto refresh once a minute since 9am est lol. Looking forward to testing it!

5. Paul Levering

Paul Levering Member

Got one, will do my best to put it through it's paces!

6. superg

Sorry for that thing, I'll order much more after this will be tested by the community.

7. charstring

charstring Newly Registered

Aww managed to snag a second gscartsw but missed out on this. Can't wait for round two!

8. Borman

Ugh slept through it :( Hope testing goes well :)

9. superg

These are just a few units, once I will make sure that the design is perfect and no issues I will run a big batch and these should be in stock.

charstring likes this.
  10. Borman

That's why Im not too worried. Perfect price point for me, so I may end up with two in the future.

11. celeritas

celeritas Member

I missed it as well. Will keep an eye out for when the final version is ready. =)

12. Wolf_

Wolf_ Rising Member

Btw will there be any kind of "This is a prototype version, model #004 of 10" sort of card that has your signature?

Maybe I'm just a dork but I think that kind of thing is awesome.

13. superg

Nah, sorry, all the prototypes I do have the usual version numbers :)

14. Adeema

Adeema Member

I look forward to the end result of this project. The gcompsw is the last remaining piece in my setup to have all consoles hooked up at the same time.

Great looking switch superg. I'm sure it'll perform as well as it looks.

15. bobthewindham

bobthewindham Member

Man, I totally missed this... On the other hand, I really like the web store, and the gscartsw lite!

16. superg

The orders should start arriving today-tomorrow.

17. Wolf_

Wolf_ Rising Member

[​IMG]
    My Gcompsw arrived today! Got it set up and running Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core through the xrgb mini into my 40" 4k display and resized to full screen with 0 problems of any kind. (Probably because my dog helped)

Also tested the Wii, Original Xbox, and a pal GameCube briefly. (All plugged in at once, initial photo was just when I first set it up and everything worked perfectly)

I'll test some tricky games with resolution changes and ect later (Ocarina of Time Master Quest had an area on the bridge just outside Hyrule Castle Town and whenever the cutscene of ice shattering was used that caused a previous component switch to black screen so I'll be sure to test those specific spots out) but the initial making sure everything works stage is done and it was 100% smooth sailing. All that is left is to look for rare oddball stuff that might give it a problem.

I can not stress enough how freaking gorgeous this setup looks. Matches the Gscartsw so well and with more or less every scart console and component console plugged in at once you would require 2x gscartsw and 1x gcompsw to cover them all
    (Scart = Atari 2600, Atari 5200*, Atari 7800*, Atari Jaguar, TurboDuo, Genesis(Mega CDx & Master System), Saturn, PS1, Snes, Dreamcast, Cdi, Ps2
    Component = Wii, PSP, Xbox)
    and at just under 1/3 the width of a rackmount shelf each that means 3 will fit perfectly on top of my rackmount setup and it just looks gorgeous. (Second gscartsw is ordered and just waiting for the next batch to go out)

18. Paul Levering

Paul Levering Member

Unit arrived today in San Francisco just fine! Only had time to hook it into the entertainment system but initial performance with Wii, Xbox, and PS2 through Framemeister was good!

19. Beesworth

Beesworth Newly Registered

I tried mine out with my Genesis, Gamecube, and Japanese PS2 . I connected it to my PVM and my viewsonic LCD.

The Genesis is using the HD Retrovision cables. Everything works great. I tried a few games including 2-player mode in Sonic 2 which runs in 480i. On the Gamecube I tried a couple of games. I also tried the Gameboy Interface ULL mode. That also all worked perfectly. The PS2 had no issues as well.

I tried powering on multiple things at the same time. It always stayed on the first thing that was turned on. When I turned that one off, it immediately switch to another one.

The only issue I've hit so far is that when I connected my Gamecube directly to my TV, but left the audio cables connected to the switch, the audio came out very choppy. I'm not even sure why the audio was working, but it did. It's not much of an issue since I don't think anyone would use it that way, but it's the only problem I've hit so far.

I'll keep playing with it and pull out my other component consoles over the next couple days, but so far I'm loving it. Thanks, Superg.

20. retrorgb

retrorgb Spirited Member

Here's a short review:

zzattack, tacoboy42, superg and 2 others like this.