Gauntlet DS 100%

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Moo, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Moo

Moo Gutsy Member

2. Juganawt

Juganawt Rapidly Rising Member

Very nice indeed! Many thanks for this! Tis the season to release protos, it seems!

3. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

Link doesn't work?

4. Moo

Moo Gutsy Member

I guess that forum section is restricted to registered users. Here's the info from the thread:

==============
    This was released by Shoemanbundy yesterday.

https://mega.co.nz/#!tNs1SRKC!H0yd2FndAoBPIZD_fKfZZ0hpx4pX4Tz8OECs_j2swik

He got this from someone that didn't want to release it theirselves. It seems to be 100 % complete. It didn't seem to work for me on No$GBA but DeSmuME.0.9.8-win32 worked. It'll probably work on R4 cartridges too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

FYI Shoemanbundy is me :) I put a Mega.co.nz link in the prototype thread. That Cotton proto I had is also linked in there.

6. InsanEvil

InsanEvil Newly Registered

Awesome find and release, fits the Christmas spirit =P

Thanks Bramsworth/Shoemanbundy.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  7. corrigo

corrigo Active Member

Santa Claus seems to be generous this Xmas.

Thanks for the info.

8. Weinflames

Weinflames Spirited Member

Just wanted to say thanks for the release! I'm pretty busy right now, but I'll try to find some time to give it a try :)

9. verne94

verne94 Spirited Member

Awww thank you very much!

10. RoseQueen

RoseQueen Newly Registered

Thank you so much, If I had money I would seriously donate to you. This game was very important for me. It was the reason my brother and I bought a DS in the first place. It looked so promising and then you heard nothing about it. If I look around in my old Nintendo powers, I can see if there is any scans (if people are interested). But right now, I'm very happy and very thankful that I can finally play Gauntlet for the DS.

Again, thank you so much!

EDIT: I just looked through my Nintendo Powers and I couldn't find any with information or pictures.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  11. Farlight

Farlight Newly Registered

Many thanks!! Too bad this didn't get released commercially. It's really good!

I can confirm that multiplayer works as well! Spent some time this weekend playing it with my 8y/o nephew. He loves the PS2 Baldur's Gate so I have been looking for a similar style we can play on the DS. This is perfect! Again many thanks!!

(anyone have some other suggestions for other 'Diablo'esce' style game for DS approriate for an 8y/o. I tried Soma Bringer myself but the material was a bit too mature for him at this point.)

12. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Haha I'm not even the one who found the game or anything, someone else gave it to me for release, so i don't deserve any donations :) But it's nice to know a game you waited for so long got out there, glad I could help there.

13. DeckardBR

DeckardBR Fiery Member

This is a huge release! I love how it uses the dual screens completely. Thanks!

14. verne94

verne94 Spirited Member

Also it should be noted this is the first unreleased DS game ever to be avaiable, so congrats!

15. netsendjoe

netsendjoe Newly Registered

Thank you so much for this. I've been looking for this for over 2 years because the demo videos were awesome and it was such a disappointment that this game was not released. I was really hoping someone would release the betas so we could all partake in the goodness. It was something that I would have bought back in the day if they had released it.. and if I had a DS.

16. cawley1

cawley1 Spirited Member

Excellent, very sad when this did not make it (think there was a big article in Retro Gamer before it was due for release!), so happy to have it now!

Thanks to all involved in the release!

17. SpooferJahk

SpooferJahk *Insert title here*

This is amazing, been wanting to play this game since I first heard about it in 2008 if I recall correctly. Thanks for the share, it gives me a good reason to dig out the old DS again after not touching it for so long.

18. Serblander

Serblander Member

Many thanks to all who made this possible! I have been eagerly awaiting this game ever since i read about the original announcement years ago (fanatic lover and collector of ALL things Gauntlet)!

Actually, I'm STILL eagerly awaiting to play this :/ I now have an original R4 card but have no experience with loading any games onto it. When I tried copying the data across, which is now on the card, its all recognized and starts loading and then... WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH! Does anyone now if this game works with the original R4? What are you guys using to play it (on original hardware - not PC/Mac emulators)? Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

19. kennypecheur

kennypecheur Site Supporter 2016

Thanks a lot ! I will put Smash bros aside to play it !

20. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Dauntless Member

I've seen this issue before with certain games/flashcarts... do a full format using an SD Formatter. Here's a link for something I've tried in the past to format the cards:
    PanasonicSDFormatter.rar