Gangland | Syrox Developments 1997

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Borman, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Found this trailer for an unreleased persistent world multiplayer game from 1997. Doesn't look like much, but considering the time period it's interesting to think about

nullChar, Mrneo240, speedyink and 3 others like this.
  2. dark

dark Dauntless Member

This was so cheesy, I like it.

Borman likes this.
  3. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

SegaSoft had so many ideas in the pipeline during the late '90s, and it's great that we can add another to that list - I'm sure there's enough to write up a piece on this game at the division's Sega Retro wiki entry. On the other hand, there's a standalone page for SegaSoft's cancelled Skies project from slightly later than Gangland, even though all that exists of this is a single trailer, some concept art and a few (possibly staged) in-engine screenshots. With that in mind, perhaps it would be deserving of its own article, after all?

Speaking of all things SegaSoft, does anyone know if there were genuinely plans to convert such titles as Rocket Jockey, Obsidian and Vigilance to the Saturn? I've seen all three of these mentioned as possible candidates for porting, though I was under the impression the last two especially were released on PC so late into the Saturn's life that it would have made sense for them to be held over for the Dreamcast instead. Either way, it doesn't really matter because SegaSoft would soon fold, with any talk of Heat.net being dropped in favour of resources switching to make SegaNet its parent company's priority as an online service.

4. Borman

I can only speak for Syrox stuff unfortunately and not SegaSoft as a whole. I have some stuff for Gangland, SCUD, Net Fighter, and Woody Woodpecker Racing I think.

Mrneo240 likes this.
  5. nullChar

nullChar Active Member

Any luck building the code?
    Were you able to find the assets to go along with it?

Great work, Borman!

6. Borman

Havent tried, and no, no assets for the game anyway.