Games I just finished/completed

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Barc0de, Apr 26, 2009.

1. 7Force

7Force Guardian of the Forum

I agree, it was pretty lame. Took me two tries because there was no way I would've figured out you have to pull the Joker down with the Batclaw if it hadn't been for the hint box.

2. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

I don't know what's up with a too-easy last boss. I seem to recall Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Zero Mission...

3. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

I finally got around to complete the Battlefield 3 Single Player the other day. What a crock of shit that was.

It is too short and too disjointed - Halo 2 springs to mind, except with more characters to body switch. The whole interrogation element isnt done as well etiher. DICE played that card too hard, they should have taken a softer or elss frequent approach as seen in Dragon Age II. I shouldn't be surprised given that traditionally Battlefield has been a multiplayer game only, but since Bad Company there has been a dedicated campaign mode and the previous game in the series, Bad Company 2, was significantly longer and better on every front.

In fact even with regards to multiplayer Battlefield 3 is a second class game, mostly due to a large quantity of shite maps and Bad Company 2 was much better there too. Don't get me wrong BF3 adds a few tweaks which are nice, but on the whole it is a disappoinment and when I saw the preorder announcement that you get Battlefield 4 beta access with the Medal of Honor preorder so soon after BF3's release my heart sank.

Anyhow...

In other news what is better than playing Alan Wake?

Paying £7.49 for Alan Wake + Collectors Edition extras + American Nightmare , playing it at1080p60 with 8x MSAa and 16x Anisotropic filtering with every setting maxed and still getting the benefit of an Xbox 360 controller. I hate to sound like a snob, especially when I'm broke, but I'm not sure I could stand playing it at 720p or 1080i30 with lower resolution textures and crappy effects, sorry - though I am grateful the mass market appeal of the console version helped make a PC port possible.

I've completed the base game + both special missions, the signal and the writer today. Well I actually started the base game yesterday I think but I finsihed it all off today so meh.

The one thing I've found annoying so far is that Alan Wake seems to lose all of his equipment all too frequently. I lost count of the number of times I had to enter an area with absolutely nothing all over again. Some games may do it once if you have been captured or at a push, twice, but Alan Wake takes it to an all new level. With that said I'm not really into horror or anything like that at all but I have found the game enjoyable and I'm looking forwards to starting the American Nightmare expansion very shortly.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  4. GungriffonEX

GungriffonEX <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

Limbo(PC)

There were a few spots where I was stuck for 15-20 minutes and was tempted to look at a faq/video, but I powered through and beat it with no help. It was one of those times when you give up in frustration, come and to it a day later and almost instantly get past the puzzle that stumped you the day before.

I generally don't like platformers, but this was quite good. Fun puzzles with a dark 'Lord of the Flies' vibe to it.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  5. SuperGrafx

SuperGrafx Guest

Max and the Magic Marker - Windows Phone 7

Finally wrapped up this game. Been playing it off and on for a few weeks.

6. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

Spec Ops: The Line (Xbox 360)

It took me around 4h22min to finish this game on hard. The story is great and the gameplay is actually good.

7. maringouin11

maringouin11 Rising Member

Ecco the Dolphin Defender of the Future
    This one was laying around for quite a long time and I decided to finally play it. I loved the first games for the Genesis and this one is a good addition but not as great as the first title :)

Would love to try the alpha of Sentinels of the Universe.

Yeah, totally agree, this is such a good platformer!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
  8. dcultrapro

dcultrapro Rising Member

I finished Mass Effect 3 which I was actually happy with, though I didn't like how they tried to trick you into thinking that destroying the Reapers was the bad option

I also finished Rage lately and was HUGELY disappointed with that, it was sloppy how they ended it, no boss fight, no dialogue, no resolution, NOTHING it was like the rest of the game had been forgotten and they somehow mistakenly passed it through testing to the production before they realised they'd fucked up lol

9. Garlo

Garlo Peppy Member

Just finished The Walking Dead Episode One. Loved it, just started Episode Two.

10. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015

After months, got some free time to play some games. Finally finished Killzone 3. The online part always dragged me, not letting me complete the single player. It's nowhere near as good as Killzone 2, but still a good game overall. Amazing graphics and chaotic battles. The ending is a bit meh though.

11. GungriffonEX

GungriffonEX <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

Mirrors Edge.

This is an amazing games that just wasn't fully realized.

Very short, abrupt ending and poor story.

12. 7Force

Arkham City main story.
    Really great game, but WTF is with that ending? Not saying it's bad, I just...can't believe they did an ending like that. Hoping that means there's a sequel!

13. GrindheadJim

GrindheadJim Spirited Member

I'm on my third playthrough in a row of Trapt. Even with the additional power ups, the later stages are still a challenge. I love the Deception/Kagero series.

14. 7Force

Asura's Wrath

It was fun while it lasted. No way there's enough content for a full price game, though.

15. Ho-Oh.x7

Ho-Oh.x7 Member

I've just finished Zelda Phantom Hourglass. I played through it half way a few years ago and never finished it. I don't think it was a great game. The touch screen controls didn't agree with me and the dungeons are so easy they almost solve themselves. I think I should give Link's Awakening a shot.

16. Vyothric

Vyothric Active Member

17. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Walking Dead Episode 3

18. Mack

Mack <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Paper Mario 64 what a great game , hopefully the Wii U will have a Paper Mario also ;)

19. Hedgeyourbets

Hedgeyourbets Dauntless Member

This summer I've done:
    Suikoden
    Suikoden 2
    Grandia
    Read dead Revolver
    GUN
    Blood Omen
    Legacy of Kain soul reaver
    Soul reaver 2
    Legacy of kain Defiance
    God of War
    Call of duty black ops
    Cannon spike
    Klonoa
    Shadow of the colossus
    Shadow man
    Sonic colours
    Fire emblem shadow dragon
    and probably more stuff I don't remember

20. Ho-Oh.x7

Ho-Oh.x7 Member

Just thinking of that game makes me want to play it, not only that but also RGB mod my 64 and play it on the best screen I can get my hands on. When it came to RPG's on the N64 there wasn't any real competition (Quest 64), but even if there was Paper Mario would have come out on top. It is a completely magical and colourful game with not too much or too little to do. I have never given any thought to which 64 game would be my absolute favorite, but this may just be it.