Gamecube with Viper and so on.

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by Fogell, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Fogell

Fogell Member

Wondering how much this would go for? price in GBP if possible.

Black Gamecube with Viper (clear) case
    Gamecube Thrustmaster Travel case
    Official black Gamecube Controller
    Unofficial controller
    1 Memory card
    AV Lead and power brick
    Overall I bought this however never played it.
    20180913_173231.jpg

20180913_170326.jpg 20180913_170410.jpg 20180913_170415.jpg
    I have no games that I can put with this but the above is all I'm selling.

Can anyone help me to see how much its worth?
    Thanks in advance :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  2. Fogell

Fogell Member

Please don't remove this im about to put the pic with my name in it! I forgot my bad!

Edit: yes I have the cover piece for that bit showing the connector on the bottom of the console.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  3. TriState294

TriState294 Site supporter 2016

That console is clearly modded beyond your description. It would be beneficial to disassemble it and photograph it's innards. In this situation, the mods and quality of the work really determine the price.

Some install a Viper GC full size DVD case without the Viper GC IPL BIOS replacement chip. It looks like you might have a Viper GC Extreme IPL BIOS replacement chip, but you can only determine that by opening it up and having a look (or possibly pics of what BIOS it boots to). This will determine the best sale price...

4. Fogell

Fogell Member

Hi there sorry I was unable to reply earlier the forum hasn't been appearing for me correctly in chrome for some reason!

Thank you for taking your time to reply! apparently this has a "Qoob" mod chip, below are pictures of said modchip installed, I didn't think about putting my name on a piece of paper in any of this but I will if need be!

The following chip looks like a professional installation judging by the solder points I can see that are exposed, I cannot remove the heat sink for fear of needing some paste to put it back on (I simply have none).

here are the pics I took while I opened it please note the pic of the TV showing what its running and so on was taken AFTER re-assembly:

Untitled.png 20180915_002242.jpg 20180915_002213.jpg 20180915_001519.jpg qoob.png

Apologies for dirty mouse, The screen is crystal clear with none of this glaring effect this is my phone camera sorry!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  5. Conte Zero

Conte Zero Active Member

50/70 GBP more or less.

6. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

70 is way too cheap. I have sold just the qoob for £90 or so. Cases can go for similar amount.

7. Conte Zero

Conte Zero Active Member

There is a huge difference between buying NOS stuff from a well known ad reputable seller as you are (no sarcasm, I am following you on GC-Forever also and I respect your work for the community) and buying some second hand device from someone you meet on a forum. Also: you will never buy those items for 180 GBP. I will buy for 50/70. So, my price is closer to reality :)

8. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

True, but they sell used for well over what you are quoting. I keep my eye on these things for obvious reasons.

I've seen them go on ebay for £200+ pre modded. Just with a google search, you can find console with qoob pro and viper case thats 3-4 years old sell for $200. The prices have only gone up since then. I would consider your offer very low.

I don't think you would be buying one for 50/70. You can get that kind of price for a console premodded with a xeno and no custom case these days. Gamecubes have started going up in price - they were basically worthless not too long ago.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018 at 2:35 PM
  9. Fogell

Fogell Member

Thanks for the replys guys! I see what youre saying conte but despite not trading on here I've traded elsewhere on similar forums and ebay this was only a price check as I had no idea how much it was worth, I see several listings on ebay go for around 70 euro alone for the case I just had no idea how much to price the whole lot.

Thank you for your replys guys :) much appreciated!