Game source code dump

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by D_Ban, Dec 13, 2016.

1. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

Seeing as so many games have had source code leaked/published by the devs I've decided to make a thread to keep track of what is online and what isn't.

I won't add decompiled code here. It has to be original.

This is going to be a long thread so keep checking back. Some source code I will need to upload so until then I'll leave as a title, It'll become a link once added.

Please note some of this code has terms added such as no reselling etc, It's up to you to check the license terms.

All credits belong to the original developers, I won't list them all here to keep the thread as short as possible.

If I miss a link please tag me in thread or pm me a link to the source and I'll add to this thread. Staff feel free to edit/change as needed.

Notes to some of these can be found on: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_video_games_with_available_source_code / http://shrigley.com/source_code_archive/

Nintendo Source Code

GameBoy:
    1. Mr. DO!

GameBoy Color:
    1. Infinity
    NES:
    1. Magician
    2. John Smith Special Agent (aka James Bond Jr.)
    3. Hero Quest (Unreleased)
    4. Home Alone 2
    SNES:
    1. B.O.B
    2. Pocahontas
    3. Space Funky BOB
    GameCube:
    1. Killer7

SEGA Source Code

Sega GameGear:
    1. Columns
    2. Barbie Super Model

Sega Genesis/Mega Drive:
    1. Cliff Hanger
    2. Ex-Mutants
    3. Gargoyles
    4. Mr Nuts 2
    Sega CD/Mega CD:
    1. Batman Returns
    Sega Dreamcast:
    1. Chicken Run
    Sony PlayStation

PS1:
    1. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
    2. Beatmania 5th Mix (LZH File, Use WinRar to extract)
    PC
    (These won't be by OS type unless the zip says.)

1. DOOM
    2. Duke Nukem 3D
    3. Quake: The Offering
    4. Quake II: Quad Damage
    5. Quake III: Gold
    6. Wolfenstein 3D + Spear of Destiny
    7. Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    8. Blood 2: The Blood Group
    9. Blake Stone: Planet Strike
    10. Rise of the Triad: Dark War
    11. Shadow Warrior Classic Complete
    12. Catacombs Pack
    13. Half-Life 2
    14. Re-Volt (Xbox & PC Source)
    15. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
    16. Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    Microsoft

xbox:
    1. Re-Volt (Xbox & PC Source)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    nullChar, lwizardl, CrAzY and 7 others like this.
  2. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

Reserved for later use.

3. spoonrage

spoonrage Active Member

Maybe its just me but only 8,9 & 12 links work for me in PC section?.. others i just get server not found.

4. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

Seems to be a xenforo issue. it's adding http:// in front of ftp:// will put plaintext instead.

EDIT: Yeah it's a lame issue with XenForo that they refuse to fix. I'll reupload these to mega I guess.

EDIT2: Done.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  5. lemurboy12

lemurboy12 Rising Member

6. gracik

gracik Active Member

So forgive me for asking, but with the source code for say...Cliffhanger. What do we do with it? I mean, what utilities do we need to really delve into playing with the source code? This source code stuff is all new to me.

7. pool7

pool7 Site Supporter 2014

Based on the list so far, I take it you're including any and all games for which source code is known to be publicly available (either legally, or illegally).
    Here are some I know of:

PC:
    -Uplink (Introversion)
    -Darwinia (Introversion)
    -Defcon (Introversion)
    -Multiwinia (Introversion)

PlayStation 1:
    -Beatmania 5th Mix (included as dummy file in Beatmania Best Hits)

D_Ban likes this.
  8. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

I'm not sure. This thread is more to archive stuff then to play with it however I'm sure many will research the code for lost features/levels/art/etc.

Nobody seems to write lists anymore meaning this information is scattered all over the place. We call outselves game archivers well we're not doing a good job. :p

I was going to avoid adding one's that cost, but if it's leaked then I can add. (Example being Killer7's source being leaked by the dev's)

That PS1 dummy file, Is it raw source code or just bits of it?
    EDIT: Never mind ^ It was raw code uploading now.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  9. Sonny_Jim

Sonny_Jim Enthusiastic Member

That SNES Pocahontas source code just seems to be the audio/music code, couldn't find anything actually relating to gameplay.

EDIT: Seems to be the same with the SNES B.O.B file, except it seems to have some of the maps and weirdly, an Apple II emulator???

10. pool7

What to do with it depends on you; some may only try to compile it, others may want to try and fix a known bug, maybe add functionality, enable hidden/debug menus/levels, etc. Others may just want to look at the code, either for learning or for fun.

What utilities you need, depends on what you want to do. If you just want to read the code, an enhanced Notepad (like Notepad++) or an IDE would be best. If you also want to fix stuff, or compile, or both, a debugger and compiler (in most cases, the one from the original SDK for the corresponding console). Additional stuff may be needed, such as specific 3rd party libraries, etc.
    In some cases, the code you compile may not run in an emulator, in which case you'll need the corresponding hardware (ie. dev console or similar) to make it run.

This is just a couple of ideas that come to mind, but there are probably tons of others.

11. lemurboy12

lemurboy12 Rising Member

12. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

13. gracik

gracik Active Member

The debugger and compiler for like the Genesis/SNES/PSX are going to be in the Prototopia thread right? For those of us that are completely new to compiling and bug fixing and the like, where might one go to learn about that type of stuff? Like, are there any guides out that there can help new people get into this sort of thing?

14. quazz

quazz Member

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    D_Ban likes this.
  15. Normmatt

Normmatt Member

All of the .c source (excludes header files) were stored in Princess Maker 4 DS's file system.

16. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Star wars Jedi outcast and academy code was released by Raven. They actually pulled the first version, might have had console stuff, or other closed libraries that shouldn't have had their code used

D_Ban likes this.
  17. pool7

Not sure about Genesis/SNES, but there's at least one version (probably more) of the PS1 SDK in Protopia.
    The first thing you need is knowledge of the language used to create the games (C for PS1, probably Assembly for Genesis/SNES). You also need to read at least part of the documentation provided with the corresponding SDK, so you understand which libraries are available, what they do, and how they are used. Compiling is just running some commands; however you must understand the parameters used. Debugging can be the hardest thing, depending on what you're trying to debug.
    There are thousands of tutorials out there to learn a programming language, including how to compile and debug; however most are probably not focused on Console development.
    Based on your posts here, I assume you have no programming knowledge. I'd suggest you start by learning the basics of any programming language, read some books, write code, compile/debug, etc. Once you're familiar with the basics, you can move on to setting up a dev environment with the SDK for the console you want, and read its documentation and start playing with the code. Keep in mind all this will take quite some time and effort, but don't give up! :)

That being said, we're going off-topic on this thread; you may want to create a separate thread if you have further questions.

gracik likes this.
  18. badinsults

badinsults Peppy Member

The file for Pocahontas has the wrong file extension, it is a zip file not a rar file.

19. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

Didn't know that, It's the original uploaders file not mine.

20. MatthewCallis

MatthewCallis Robust Member

Space Funky B.O.B. is just mirrored from https://wiki.superfamicom.org/snes/show/Space+Funky+B.O.B. where it lives permanently with an explanation of what is in it and the original floppies- I didn't download the duplicate copies to see if they match but this is the archive I published.