game genie codes support

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by KRIKzz, Nov 26, 2010.

1. eugene19

eugene19 Rising Member

Oh very easy, I should have thought of that :redface:
    Thanks again, KRIKzz :)

2. roycole

roycole Member

Thatll be a blast if you put out a n64, im gonna order super everdrive next.

3. roycole

roycole Member

Hey Krikzz just wondering will you implement a game genie support later for super everdrive? Just wanted let you know your products are amazing and your a god send to the retrogaming community thanks.

4. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

yes, i have plane to implement GG codes for snes cart

5. roycole

roycole Member

hello Krikzz, just wondering if super everdrive could be updated later to play nes roms like the genesis everdrive does with sega master system games. Thanks

6. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

no, it is impossible

7. roycole

roycole Member

Ok thanks Krikzz, do you think the powerpak from retrozone is a good product?

8. BM-Viper

BM-Viper <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

I got one about a week ago, so far I like it pretty well. It does have some quirks though. It is incredibly picky about headers on games, if they're bad in any way it will refuse to load it. So that can be annoying, 'cause then i have to find one that it likes in the romset. Also, the interface is fairly odd (i.e. to save a game you have to hold the reset button for 3sec, it doesn't create saves on its own so you have to supply blanks, etc...). Other than that though it's been great, hopefully mmc5 support comes out soon.

9. Bootay

Bootay Rising Member

I own both the NES and SNES Powerpaks and I believe both products are awesome. The only problem that I have with them is the way it saves games. Like Viper mentioned. I have had no issues with compatibilty at all. I think there is a total of 20 games that don't work on the NES one due to it not supporting these mappers YET. The SNES one has about 28 games and this is due to the special graphics chips. It DOES support DSP1 so the compatibility is higher than all other SNES flash carts. I haven't tried Krikzz's SNES cart so I do not know how it compares.

10. aleomark

aleomark Spirited Member

snes powerpak is more compatible but only by one more game than snes neo myth (uncompressed version of star ocean) cause both can boot dsp1 games, and the same is going to happen with snes everdrive when dsp1 games get supported

11. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

i think that retrozone stuff is good. i even thinking about NES powerpack purchase for myself

12. Bootay

Bootay Rising Member

Aleomark: I am not familiar with the Neo Myth stuff and wasn't aware that they support Dsp1. Nice.

13. roycole

roycole Member

Thanks everyone for answering my questions on the powerpak products.

14. TEOL

TEOL Rising Member

Retrozone stuff is good but the custom fees are high for European countrys especially the UK and countrys to the East of it. It depends on if you are willing to run the risk and hope the fee doesn't happen to you.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  15. roycole

roycole Member

Everdrive came in, i formatted it, an am looking forward it is an amazing product i am extremally impressed and looking forward to getting super everdrive! Got my doner case from a retrogame store in used game bin for a $1.00 and modified that for sd cart turned out great! All updates as krikzz stated !!!!!!

16. Bootay

Bootay Rising Member

Yes the Everdrive is a very nice product.

17. roycole

roycole Member

Found another flash cart on internet , would you believe its for the atari 2600 called an atari harmony, i thought this was preety cool it uses sd card like the everdrive, and plays in original hardware and can hold entire librairy of 2600 games. This takes us back way old school! Thought id pass info along. Theres some video on you tube and a search will take you to web site.

18. Bootay

Bootay Rising Member

Yes. I ordered a Harmony cart. Looks nice. Can't wait to try it. The ColecoVision Ultimate SD cart is nice too.

19. ceramiclion

ceramiclion Robust Member

I for one can't wait for FM chip support. That's be awesome!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  20. roycole

roycole Member

Cool info, didnt know about colecovision, like the idea of developers like krikzz and others keeping our old school systems alive and introducing these to younger generations showing them where there ps3,s ,wiis ,and 360,s came from!!!!!